Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Great looking unit.

found this online for reference. Photo is credited along the frame. No side shots for 2674 but many for its close brothers. That is a good looking brute!
View attachment 160134

Thanks for the picture TomO I will save this one. I will not be buying anymore of these units. I just wanted one on my roster as the odd radiators is what attracted me to this unit. It just sticks out among the SD70s and the other ES44 units....

I bought this on impulse and well it was a good price. So it came in yesterday late. I do need to add all of the detail parts to it. I will do that at a later date. I may sell it later I dunno.

Atlas 1992 Extended Vision Caboose USA Spirit Defenders Of Freedom America 911

20230117_122117.jpg20230117_122112.jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the picture TomO I will save this one. I will not be buying anymore of these units. I just wanted one on my roster as the odd radiators is what attracted me to this unit. It just sticks out among the SD70s and the other ES44 units....

If I had the room, that series of locomotives would look great on a layout. I see what you mean on the radiators

Message from USPS this morning. Telling me I have mail and 4 packages including 1 I have to sign for. Should be interesting as all my purchases due this week are here. I have some due Monday but 3 days early would be a miracle and I am expecting just 1 on Monday not 4. I hate the anticipation

Have stayed out of the hobby room so far today. I am recovering from using the snowblower this morning

The Monday package arrived, I ordered 3 tank cars on Monday from vendor, 2nd order for me. I ordered 3 tank cars NATX and got 1 NATX and 2 TILX. I didn’t want TILX and I always write in the comment box no backorders and do not substitute. I left a votice message

$30.00 cars each =$90 plus $21.00 shipping $111. at Hiawatha or $per car 37.00 plus Wi. Tax

paid $24 each = $72 plus plus $15 shipping or $87. $per car 29.00 no tax added

$8.00 savings is great if you get what you wanted

I had ordered my ARMN mechanical reefer fleet from him after T-giving, so I knew he was legit
C9E80B30-8A1B-48BB-A010-3315144D85B7.jpeg
pays to shop around

edit: almost 8 hours after the original post:

This order has turned into a real clusterf..k!

I am returning the 2 TILX cars because I have them already in my weathering inventory for someday to be weathered and sold. Shop I ordered from has no NATX tankers left and 5 orders including mine on Tuesday went out wrong mixing up the reporting marks ordered.

Last edited:
I think you have one of these don’t you Alco, in the last couple months?

View attachment 160266
Yupper I do....I now have all of Union Pacific's Heritage units.

The Monday package arrived, I ordered 3 tank cars on Monday from vendor, 2nd order for me. I ordered 3 tank cars NATX and got 1 NATX and 2 TILX. I didn’t want TILX and I always write in the comment box no backorders and do not substitute. I left a votice message

$30.00 cars each =$90 plus $21.00 shipping $111. at Hiawatha or $per car 37.00 plus Wi. Tax

paid $24 each = $72 plus plus $15 shipping or $87. $per car 29.00 no tax added

$8.00 savings is great if you get what you wanted

I had ordered my ARMN mechanical reefer fleet from him after T-giving, so I knew he was legitView attachment 160250pays to shop around

edit: almost 8 hours after the original post:

This order has turned into a real clusterf..k!

I am returning the 2 TILX cars because I have them already in my weathering inventory for someday to be weathered and sold. Shop I ordered from has no NATX tankers left and 5 orders including mine on Tuesday went out wrong mixing up the reporting marks ordered.
I need a new brain, I have just now seen this post, which I realise now is the one you were referring to in your PM yesterday DUH!! Sorry Tom.

Went to the train show in Plano TX, a northern Dallas suburb and scored a few items. I generally don't buy at this show because there are no bargains, usually. But this is the first show since January 2020 due to the Covid scare, and obviously a few "estate sellers" had a lot of inventory. Plus they were willing to bargain even though this was the first day of the show. These ATSF cabooses were marked at $10 each, about 60% of the list price, and I was able to talk the vendor down a little to $25 for all three. I'm seeing similar Athearn RTR on Ebay for $16.
IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG

At another table I spotted some P2K PS-2 CD covered hoppers for $25 each.
IMG_2836.JPG

Upon seeing my interest, the lady came over and offered all four for $80. As I was beginning to walk away, she dropped them even further to $40 for all four. That was $2.50 less than I paid each for brand new ones (these are brand new as well) over 20 years ago. I offered $38 cash and she took it.
IMG_2837.JPG

I already know the degree of difficulty with assembling these things, as I assembled 14 of them over the years. I still have one left that I have to change the number on.
There was a whole table of Cotton Belt (SSW) freight cars that were even more decently priced, but they were without boxes, but with Kadee's and metal wheels, but my hands were already full.
Wish that I didn't live 75 miles away!:(

Went to the train show in Plano TX, a northern Dallas suburb and scored a few items. I generally don't buy at this show because there are no bargains, usually. But this is the first show since January 2020 due to the Covid scare, and obviously a few "estate sellers" had a lot of inventory. Plus they were willing to bargain even though this was the first day of the show. These ATSF cabooses were marked at $10 each, about 60% of the list price, and I was able to talk the vendor down a little to $25 for all three. I'm seeing similar Athearn RTR on Ebay for $16.
View attachment 160405View attachment 160406
View attachment 160407
Upon seeing my interest, the lady came over and offered all four for $80. As I was beginning to walk away, she dropped them even further to $40 for all four. That was $2.50 less than I paid each for brand new ones (these are brand new as well) over 20 years ago. I offered $38 cash and she took it.
View attachment 160408
I already know the degree of difficulty with assembling these things, as I assembled 14 of them over the years. I still have one left that I have to change the number on.
There was a whole table of Cotton Belt (SSW) freight cars that were even more decently priced, but they were without boxes, but with Kadee's and metal wheels, but my hands were already full.

That is a heckava score!!! Wow Willie!

I might add I do like those MKT hoppers! All different road numbers too! Wow!

View attachment 160405View attachment 160406
View attachment 160407
View attachment 160408
Nice deals are always great, congrats

Back