Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

My CP Rail Cylindrical hoppers, all the way from Santa Clara CA, they look very nice too, I've noticed that two cars are missing wheelsets on the trucks, but as their still in the unopened 3 pack blister, I can safely assume they're in there somewhere, plus some Tamiya paint's I need to try out.

1674506026347.jpeg

Found on the front porch today. 5-Atlas Union Pacific refrigeration cars. I was unaware they were coming today as these were originally due in December and I sort of lost track of them. This completes the 2 unit trains of reefers even though I just made a deal to trade 6 reefers for 9 pulp cars this morning.

2FEB565B-FDFD-45DB-827A-3CDB0498DF9D.jpeg

Waiting for 2 NATX 25,000 gallon tank cars due here Wednesday.

My CP Rail Cylindrical hoppers, all the way from Santa Clara CA, they look very nice too, I've noticed that two cars are missing wheelsets on the trucks, but as their still in the unopened 3 pack blister, I can safely assume they're in there somewhere, plus some Tamiya paint's I need to try out.

View attachment 160495
Nice cars.

Is the Tamiya 86xf clear the 10ml bottle or a bigger size? None of my vendors have bigger then the 10ml bottle in inventory

Nice cars.

Is the Tamiya 86xf clear the 10ml bottle or a bigger size? None of my vendors have bigger then the 10ml bottle in inventory
Thanks, I'll take a proper look at them later, but I wish I'd sent them to you, would have been interested to see how you would've weathered them,
the 86XF is I0ml, I also wanted a larger size but no one seems to have any here either. :(

I talked to a distributor this since my posting before. They only get the xf86 clear in the ml bottles. Changed since Covid but he wasn’t sure when.

If the USA places you buy from will drop ship them to me I’m fine with that. I know a few will not…
I'll take a look, but most of the places I buy from are like Walthers or Amain Hobbies but if I find any I'll send you a couple over, no problem.

Here is a package of miscellaneous fun I recieved from Walthers last night:

IMG_3110r.JPG

A couple different sizes of trees, the Bachmann silver series combine car, some spikes and wheels;

IMG_3112r.JPG

This car I was expecting a little better since the "silver" series Bachmann, the handrails a bit thick also need to change couplers to Kadee, also weather it down a little. Here is a prototype pic from NPRHA web site:

NP 328 1948, Wyoming spur.JPG

this is the last train to Taylors Falls MN from Wyoming MN, they typically show NP328 with the one combine, often some freight going too

Here is one of the new trees. I got 3 taller ones and 15 shorter ones, I am quite satisfied with the quality of these Central Gems trees:

IMG_3111r.JPG

I am holding this up with my finger but that looks like a good place for one

Dave LASM

Here is a package of miscellaneous fun I recieved from Walthers last night:

View attachment 160549

A couple different sizes of trees, the Bachmann silver series combine car, some spikes and wheels;

View attachment 160550

This car I was expecting a little better since the "silver" series Bachmann, the handrails a bit thick also need to change couplers to Kadee, also weather it down a little. Here is a prototype pic from NPRHA web site:

View attachment 160551

this is the last train to Taylors Falls MN from Wyoming MN, they typically show NP328 with the one combine, often some freight going too

Here is one of the new trees. I got 3 taller ones and 15 shorter ones, I am quite satisfied with the quality of these Central Gems trees:

View attachment 160552

I am holding this up with my finger but that looks like a good place for one

Dave LASM
Spent almost 13 years working on passenger cars like that. I’m talking about the real ones too. Learned a lot about wooden car construction.

Assuming you run dcc, what decoder is the best fit? I bought a TCS DP5. Fits well and so far so good.
That's an ambiguous question, really depends on the Loco, and how much space you have, I've fitted a nano decoder to an OO 4-6-2, simply because older Bachmann's have no space inside for a decoder unless you cut chunks out of the weight, which at the time, I couldn't do.

Back