Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing on with my getting the crossing gates working again project. I found that putting everything on a scrap piece of plywood and then temporally clamping it to the layout makes an easier install. The infrared sensors wires are all set to go. Now I have to hook up the gate lights and motors to the board.
George

Crossing_Gates_05.JPG

Good evening Shop Dwellers!

Thank you all for the "likes" and comments: Louis, Hughie, Willie, Gary, George, Dave, TomO, Tom-C51, Jaz, James, Smudge617

…and flo bless her, she is saving for a world round trip, they are not cheap you know……
Jaz - my wife [Vicky] is traveling abroad now...on YOUR continent! Been visiting Scotland, she's in Edinburgh at the moment. Flying back home on Thursday.

Joe - best of luck with that 2nd knee replacement! I think I've still got a few miles left on mine, they're not yet hurting when I go down a stairway...

Curt - Sounds like your property is fairly safe, considering how it survived the extreme amount of rain that got dumped on your region. My house sits on fairly high ground relative to the surrounding area, so unless we have a 40-day downpour, I think we'll be ok.

Tonight is only a drive-by post, just checking in. Going to daughter #1 and SIL's for supper shortly, so I don't have much time to write about anything interesting.

Good Night - and have a Pleasant Tomorrow!

Continuing on with my getting the crossing gates working again project. I found that putting everything on a scrap piece of plywood and then temporally clamping it to the layout makes an easier install. The infrared sensors wires are all set to go. Now I have to hook up the gate lights and motors to the board.
George

View attachment 152976
If you're building a grade crossing system, perhaps you could start a separate thread about your progress. It would be easier to follow there than in the diner.

Hi gang,

I just ordered me one of those mini chopper things from Micro-Mark.....I looked around for some other brands but came back to this. I think it will do the job I have in mind for. Lots of project coming for the layout this fall.

I think the price was reasonable. Isaw another brand by Northwest but it was rather pricey....

Hi gang,

I just ordered me one of those mini chopper things from Micro-Mark.....I looked around for some other brands but came back to this. I think it will do the job I have in mind for. Lots of project coming for the layout this fall.

I think the price was reasonable. Isaw another brand by Northwest but it was rather pricey....

James can you cancel the order? I'll give you mine. I haven't used it in years.
George

If you're building a grade crossing system, perhaps you could start a separate thread about your progress. It would be easier to follow there than in the diner.
I think you're right Ken. I'm also going to add a 2 track grade crossing system to my upper deck soon. I'll start a new thread when I receive the Logic Rail grade crossing pro/2 boards. That's one board and one expansion board for the second track. That's $110.00 without tax or shipping.
George

Just spotted this, an ideal addition to anyone modelling a mine or something similar.

I have to put a pause on my grade crossing projects today because I'm going in for eye lens surgery tomorrow. Per instructions I have to keep my head level for a month. No bending over twisting my head under the layout. All these projects are out for a while until my eye heals up. I also can't lift anything over 10 lbs that may cause a spike in blood pressure. It's going to be a sit at my work bench type projects for a while. Maybe weathering some rolling stock, I'll continue the grade crossing installs in a month. I have to spend the day doing all my home projects that require heavy lifting because that's out starting tomorrow.
George

Last edited:
Morning all,

Was in the office late on Monday, in at 5:00a yesterday and today, out at 5:00p last night. All because of a Microsoft "update". Got the backup piece going again, but need the second piece as well. Started working on that this morning. Taking forever to get moved to the new storage unit.

Got to try to leave on time as the kids are having a "retirement" party for mom.

Try to BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back