Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

Update actually tanked a server. Fortunately, it a real piece of equipment and is ok, so as soon as I can find my licenses, I'll reload it and start over again from scratch. Sadly, I have to get a different software vender involved, as that was my backup server and I can't locate the licensing or downloads for our system. Migraine coming on...

What do you call a cow with 2 legs shorter than the others? Lean beef... <baddoom ching>

What do you call a cow laying down? Ground Beef...<baddoom ching>

No worrys, I'm here through Thursday. Try the veal!

Dave: We don't go out often. Yes it's usually a pizza, (under $20 with leftovers), the afore mentioned fast food places, and even then, it's usually the cheaper side of the menus. Just they way we've always been.

Troy: Sorry to see you turned positive. All I didn't have in my basement was a kitchen or kitchenette. I did take a cooler with beverages down with me.

Wife did say she was glad we got out for the Rt. 66 partial journey. I've been along the route from Tucumcari, NM to Joliet, Il. I have been from Tucumcari to Flagstaff, Az on the Interstate bas was going to Phoenix with my BIL. Wasn't sight seeing or even paying attention to the old route.

Well,

Update actually tanked a server. Fortunately, it a real piece of equipment and is ok, so as soon as I can find my licenses, I'll reload it and start over again from scratch. Sadly, I have to get a different software vender involved, as that was my backup server and I can't locate the licensing or downloads for our system. Migraine coming on...

What do you call a cow with 2 legs shorter than the others? Lean beef... <baddoom ching>

What do you call a cow laying down? Ground Beef...<baddoom ching>

No worrys, I'm here through Thursday. Try the veal!

Dave: We don't go out often. Yes it's usually a pizza, (under $20 with leftovers), the afore mentioned fast food places, and even then, it's usually the cheaper side of the menus. Just they way we've always been.

Troy: Sorry to see you turned positive. All I didn't have in my basement was a kitchen or kitchenette. I did take a cooler with beverages down with me.

Wife did say she was glad we got out for the Rt. 66 partial journey. I've been along the route from Tucumcari, NM to Joliet, Il. I have been from Tucumcari to Flagstaff, Az on the Interstate bas was going to Phoenix with my BIL. Wasn't sight seeing or even paying attention to the old route.
I have done all of Illinois, Missouri and the full 13 miles in Kansas to OKC in Oklahoma and some Arizona on Hwy 66. Some of places on the you must see list when I went through Missouri before Covid are gone now when Terry and drove sections after Covid.

Afternoon All,

Started with chores then headed to the train room. Last night I recieved an answer from the owner (Chuck Stancil) of LRT (very quick return on my email). He said push the IR sensors deeper into the ballast and adjust the dashpots. I didn't think this was the issue but I did it this morning and VIOLA! Everything now works as it should :D. Over the years Chuck has always had great customer service. So after more testing I put the fascia back in place. After lunch my son (longer arms) mounted my 3D printed Dwarf signal and even if it's just me it looks awesome. And if that wasn't enough for me today MOH sewed me a what she calls a mug rug. It has been a good day.

Terry- Thanks for the info.

Joe- Thanks for the info also. Interesting photo. The Texas Roadhouse here is extremely loud and the food id so-so.

Chad- You're making great progress now.

Troy- When Mom was bedridden we hired a house cleaning service because on top of everything else I wasn't going to clean they're house also because Dad wouldn't do it consistantly. Sorry to hear you have Covid. Get well soon.

Todd- The thing I like most about retirement is how the pace of life has slowed down. Great photos. Looks like an awesome store.

Dave- Nice looking vehicles.

Willie- Great looking trailer.

James- That looks cool as hell.

layout163.jpg

THe track the 2 signals are on is the crossover track for a reverse loop.

layout164.jpg

layout165.jpg

layout166.jpg

layout167.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Stabil pretty good but I have been using Seafoam for 35 years. I put it in everything from mowers, my boat, tractor, truck and chainsaws etc. It never fails to to work or start year round. At 8.97 a 16oz can it never fails me. Some places like NAPA you can get by the gallon for a lot less.
Thanks for the tip, James, however I am still working on some left over stabil from last year.

I think .5 oz treats 1 gal, and I just have 2 lawn mowers, one snow thrower, and the chainsaw to treat annually. Although I usually use the chainsaw all winter, sometimes the gas I mix up lasts a month or two so want to keep it fresh...

Maybe you have a suggestion on fuel injector cleaner? My 88 Suburban had the throttle body electronic fuel injection and requires regular treatments to keep it running smooth, wonder what fuel additive may work best?

Thanks for the tip, James, however I am still working on some left over stabil from last year.

I think .5 oz treats 1 gal, and I just have 2 lawn mowers, one snow thrower, and the chainsaw to treat annually. Although I usually use the chainsaw all winter, sometimes the gas I mix up lasts a month or two so want to keep it fresh...

Maybe you have a suggestion on fuel injector cleaner? My 88 Suburban had the throttle body electronic fuel injection and requires regular treatments to keep it running smooth, wonder what fuel additive may work best?
I would run a full can of the Seafoam when you are down to a 1/4 tank or less....it will clean them injectors out real well. I have done that many of times. Overtime I run full can every 4 fuel ups at full tank from then out. It will clean very well. People swear by it as I do. They also make a different grade of Seafoam for diesel engines as well.

Click link here for fuel injector cleaner.....but I still use the standard stuff. (not sure why it says robot or human but it is safe to click)

According to this website: https://bestreviews.com/automotive/car-care/best-fuel-injector-cleaners

This one is the "best."

I was putting a '88 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L back in running shape over the winter, and among other things I replaced the fuel pump (it was making that pre-failure graunching noise). Very careful and thorough fuel tank cleanout first, but when I brought it back on line again the new pump sounded even worse than the old one. It would start up just fine, but would begin acting up--complain out loud that is--after two or three minutes, with occasional lagging off the line.

So I pressure tested the injector loop...all good. Replaced the pressure regulator anyway, but it was still hollering after it got warmed up. As a last desperation move before replacing the pump again, I ran a couple bottles of this one through the system, and--voila. Runs like a top now.

It's not injector specific, but since I didn't know where the problem was exactly, it seemed a safe bet.

Scotty Kilmer (YouTube career mechanic) swears by additives. He used Royal Purple to solve this mystery:

YouTube also has a half-dozen or so vids on cleaning injectors while still in place, and I was planning to go there too, but didn't have to after all.

Good luck.

A full day in the basement working on stuff.
I was trying different methods of speed matching. After several hours fiddling with different aspects of it, I settled on just using the three point programming. I established one loco as the base then matched three other Geeps to it. I used an Accurail speed recorder for 25%, 50% and 100% speed then used JMRI to change the three speed points. Turned out pretty good. I don't hear the wheels scrubbing the rails anymore.
Ran trains for about and hour, one in each direction to see where they meet each time. I saw issues with the signal system so I was correcting each one as I found it.
Got tired of that about 4pm so I pulled out the bucket of dirt and did some scenery work, spreading Arizona dirt around some of the turnout control buttons. A splash of wet water and a few drops of 50/50 water glue. A few gaps needed some caulking to fill in before I could cover it with the dirt and small stones.
Time for a sammich and a few hours of TV while I surf the web.

Good Morning All. Clear and quite cool at 50° here in West Monroe LA, on the way to home sweet home. Only five hours from here, so no major hurry except to get to our destinations. Looking forward to using my own shower and not having to figure out some new strange water configuration. Getting ready to go for the complimentary breakfast, wife has already been downstairs for coffee. I have my bottle of water so I am good.
Curt - Certainly glad to read that you and Phil both came through the storm relatively unscathed. I feel badly for those in the really devastated areas, not so much if they chose not to follow mandatory evacuation orders. All of you still in the path take care and hope that it downgrades rapidly.

OK, time to pack up this laptop and have breakfast. See everybody on the other side.
Have a great day everyone.
Willie- my cousin lives on the outskirts of Punta Gorda. She took a direct hit. She hunkered down in her shed(she lives in a mobile home) & her horses rode it out in the pasture(safer than they would have been in a barn). She put the animal feed in her car, which was a good thing, as the only remains of the feed shed are the corner posts & foundation. Fortunately, her daughter goes to UF, so she stayed safe in Gainesville. Look how compact the eye was, as an indicator of how intense Ian(same name as one of our uncle’s, but his name is pronounced with a long I “EYE-an”).
90DFCE3A-14B2-40BC-85C8-2473D9EC331A.jpeg

Willie- speaking of time zones, a friend from high school, who lives in Sarasota, loves to go up to the Panhandle for New Year’s Eve. She goes to Port St Joe(EST) to ring in the New Year the first time & then drives to Mexico Beach(CST) to sing Auld Lang Syne again.

Good Evening!

One more day of dragging the boat out to the lake, and the freezer will be full until ice-fishing in March.
I'm really tired right now. It's hard going fishing every day; harder than going to work. Wind in your hair, and the sun in your face all day.
It's all turning me a different colour. A real nice farmers tan.

Then, if it would cool off, it will be hunting season. With some luck, I won't need to buy meat this year.
The layout will have to wait until the snow fly's, and the thermometer shows sub-zero. Brrrr!

Just for the sake of posing some photos:
ShumanLake_10-01-2022 (1).JPG

Osprey_Shuman_10-01-2022 (1).JPG

Have a great evening!

Figuring out what to do while 'retired' looks to be tough for a lot of people.
Todd: It is, if you let it. My view based on experience, is Keep Moving, and Stay Active. I was doing well until we were locked down for Covid. Once the inertia of not doing anything took hold, it became a pandemic in itself. Don't know what y'all are planning, just get out and keep moving. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back