Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of ya'll been to this place or stayed there? Apparently they now have 38 Cabeese there.....

1664807735269.png

so it sold for $222.50 .........wowsa!

Welp... this happened...

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 8.57.06 AM.png

been fighting the sniffles since wednesday.

I had my super-shot two weeks ago, but traveled when the shot was a week old.

Today I actually feel blaher than when I posted on Friday. Was supposed to take mom to DR... that's been postponed.

Living in the basement. But, no loo down here. Masking every time I have to run upstairs. Got windows open (52° outside). And I started laundry. Wife works in the office on the main level. I'm bypassing that as much as possible, and moving stuff down to the basement anytime I have to run upstairs.

Just order a small microwave for my bar in the basement. I'll do a curbside pickup (almost out of covid tests at home, so needed to get some more).

Symptoms aren't bad. Still feels like a cold. I was going to stop the cold pills today. BUT...

A bit of a rattle in the upper chest. I'll let my doc know in a few minutes.

so it sold for $222.50 .........wowsa!

At that price, I assume is was made of gold and precious stones. :D

Willie, the Waygu purchase was at the home area grocery store, HyVee Foods out of West DesMoines, Iowa. I know better then to ask for that in Texas. What I also know is we have had some of our best fish based dinners in Texas, in both the Austin and Houston areas.

I like the backseat of a SUV that has internet access! I was texting the son and he ended up calling as he figured out I wasn’t driving. Seems he thinks we should come to Austin for Thanksgiving. My sister then calls him after I relayed that info to her and Terry. 1st question from my sister is, WHO is the new girlfriend and is that why u want us to come down. Basically yes! I never would have thought that or ask that? Women!

Good Morning All. Clear and 54°, more of the same pleasant weather for a while. Still no rain in sight.

I spent most of yesterday getting back into my routine at home. Well it's hardly a routine since it changes all of the time but it is normal. Found the horrid smell in the fridge and tossed a cabbage into the compost pile; unpacked and did laundry and walked the estate. I picked a handful of tomatoes, bell peppers and Jalapenos before irrigating the garden; and then looked at the pile of firewood that still needs to be split. Today is a trip to town to pick up the pool cover that was delayed. I put the old one with holes on before leaving, I will put the new one on over it rather than removing it. Need a few groceries as well.

I meant to mention that while on vacation, I had the opportunity to visit a Hobby Town that heavily advertised model trains. Boy, that was a waste of time. I had read before that some of their locations were good for hobbyists and some weren't. This place was horrible in all departments besides trains. The train aisle was maybe 15' on one side of the aisle and had mostly Bachmann track. The whole store had maybe three dozen cans of spray paint and under two dozen bottles of Testor's and Badger paints.

Substance testing at our place of business while I was there was rather random in itself. That is except for truck drivers and forklift operators. Some years random testing was in the budget, others it was not. Post accident was mandatory whether the individual was at fault or not. I had a janitor who was hit with debris when a forklift operator dropped a crate of glass, and he tested positive for cocaine! I had to terminate him but wondered how he could afford cocaine on a janitor's wages!

A glorious day out in the train shed yesterday. I ran trains which I hadn't done in over a week. I also sat at the workbench and made the second food trailer from the Walther's kit, this one is "Dos Hermanas Tacos". In English, Two Sisters Tacos. I will not bore you with the build pictures as they are the same as the BBQ place built last month.
View attachment 152776
I am looking for appropriate figures to add to the interior, I may have to paint some new ones.
I took other pictures but posted them over in the Santa Fe Sunday and the Under Construction Industrial Building threads.

Ken (D&J) - Looks like your prediction regarding the Washington/Dallas game was a good one.
Tom O - Sale or no sale, unless the store is in the Austin area, most of stores in Texas wouldn't dare try to sell Waygu Beef!
Patrick/Dave B - I haven't been bored a single day since retiring 7 years ago. Except maybe a day or two while on vacation. My wife on the other hand seems to be bored more often than not and she just retired this year. She wants to combat this by "going somewhere and spending money". This talk reminds me of my last boss at work who unretired three times, saying that he could only go fishing only so many times a week. He never planned for retirement and had nothing to do. He also had a wife who is 15 years younger then him and wasn't ready to retire and join him. Patrick's wife has different circumstances as this is an unplanned retirement.
Chad - Seems like you now have a full schedule.

Today would have been Stevie Ray Vaughan's 68th birthday.
Everybody have a great day.
You need a figure with a sombrero :)

Willie, the Waygu purchase was at the home area grocery store, HyVee Foods out of West DesMoines, Iowa. I know better then to ask for that in Texas. What I also know is we have had some of our best fish based dinners in Texas, in both the Austin and Houston areas.

I like the backseat of a SUV that has internet access! I was texting the son and he ended up calling as he figured out I wasn’t driving. Seems he thinks we should come to Austin for Thanksgiving. My sister then calls him after I relayed that info to her and Terry. 1st question from my sister is, WHO is the new girlfriend and is that why u want us to come down. Basically yes! I never would have thought that or ask that? Women!
You want to introduce your girl friend, you want to show her off…..sung to Sandra Bullock tone……

btw yeah for you :)

Last night I made a list of what I need to start working on my railroad again. I was thinking about ordering some items but then someone told me about the train show in Poughkeepsie NY Oct 30. The last time I attended this annual show was about 15 years ago. It's only 25 miles from where we live, I'll be going. I'll order 10 pieces of track in the meantime to get me started.
George

Train_Show_10_30_22.JPG

I was intrigued by Waygu until I saw a picture of it. More fat than meat. I will say that the fatty cap parts of a ribeye are my favorite part. That's the "rib" part of ribeye. The "eye" part is almost always less marbled than the cap.

It's all how you cook it...

My kids cut the fat off the edges of their steak. Wife and I always take them and eat them. I couldn't eat a whole 12-20 oz steak made mostly of fat but a few bites is awesome. Best part when cooked right.

I've had things claiming to be Wagyu in the US but they were nothing special. And they were most likely crosses with Angus. In Japan I've had a few (not PRIME level) tries of small amounts of Wagyu. Very nice and I am sure the A5 (their highest rating) is great.

For some reason, Toro is my favorite tuna sushi as well. Toro = fatty tuna.

Google Fatty Tuna / Toro Pics

Amazing what we do for our kids and grandkids.

I used to take the daughter and son to hockey practice at 5:30AM twice a week for him and 8:30PM for her. When the daughter turned 16 she passed her driving exam and that day a car was waiting for her at home. She then had to take herself and brother to those practices. She was great about it, but maybe that’s why they barely talk to each other now.

yep. Been taking my son, or son & daughter, or now daughter to music lesson and band practice once a week for almost 12 years. Down in Orem (45 minutes away on a good day). And they've been club swimming since forever and meets can start wicked early and daily practice. And their charter school is across the valley 30+ minutes away and my son had an early more religion class before school for a while (daughter is doing it online as the school moved this year and it is not available near the school).

And I've been wondering where all my time and sleep have gone...

The nice year was when my son was a senior and could drive his sister to school. Even now he helps out with that when the wife has to be to work early. But I'm not getting him out of bed to help with the morning HS swim practices as he gets home from work at UPS at 10:30-11pm and winds down so is in bed late.

My son didn't do many early morning HS swim practices when he swam for the school as he had the early morning religion class and we had to travel to his school and it just didn't fit in with the school being across the valley. Since he was not a student at the HS where he swam he got a pass from the coach. My daughter doesn't quite have the same excuses...

From a sleep and parent driving perspective, Covid was a nice period. That first year they were online more often than not and the second year at least Fridays were online. And my son was driving by then for his practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back