Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, all! We awoke to thunder but little to no rain. At 10:00 AM temp was 78 thanks to a front moving through.
Thanks to all for the likes on the photos'

Guy - yes, the lights are WS plug and play. They are the rural street lights. Should you decide to use them, be prepared to work with wire the size of hair. You really need to be in the mood to work with them.
1660319226179.png

Reading your bear-watch duty reminded of something I had seen some time back:
1660319142653.png

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good morning, light rain going on, and it will soak in since grass has turned to dry straw lately

Ken - looks like fun, great layout!!!!!

Troy - the food looks great. We had eggplant from our mini garden last night, no pics but fried in ghee, cinnamon, nutmeg, a touch of hot red pepper powder, it was excellent.

Curt - looking forward to the freight house, your layout is very nice!

Willie - that is really something about your numbers, I could never get mine perfect but refused to take medicine if it is only off by a little. Drives doctor crazy, but everytime he put me on something it would screw something else up. So I went off everything and nothing went haywire. Maybe some people are naturally abnormal?

I pulled out one of my old locomotives, I painted it a few years ago but it has never been run on a track. Bought it on ebay. It is much nicer than I remembered:

View attachment 149993

This actually ran nice!! The motor is in the tender, should paint the little connector black

View attachment 149994

This item was new in the box, everything present, however no where is there a date

View attachment 149995

Be nice to put a bulb in that big headlight, I have a bunch but not sure how much work I will be doing on this one. It will look good hauling my 36' old timer box cars, most of which are still in a tote.

will be back later

Dave LASM
Is this a HOn3 Brass Locomotive ?

Afternoon All,

Today I put in the basic ground cover and then ballast around the road crossing. After that I read through the kit instructions two times and inventoried the parts and was surpried to find a carrier (wood) that doesn't belong to the kit. I also discovered I will have to scratch some stairs from the platform to the parking lot.

Thank you to everyone for the photo likes yesterday.

Hughie- Nice scene with the steamers and cafe.

Gary- Thank you.

Willie- Great numbers. Good job on the scene and culverts.

Joe- Thank you. Yep, it's from Micromark. I know I said I would never build another of their kits after the tower...but here I am.😣.

Troy- I'm glad your feet are feeling better. Ah, technology.

Ken D&J- That is a huge amount of equipment. My old club had a fast clock up high on the wall so everyone could see it.

Dave- Thank you. Great looking loco.

Guy- Amazing recovery of nature.

Sherrel- You sound busier than a one armed paper hanger.

Jeff- I could never get it to load correctly. After trying several times I gave up. Technology is not my friend.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I have to ask, is this a fantasy paint scheme????

View attachment 149966

Good Afternoon All!
86F in Libby

Met Chet and chatted with him for a couple of hours earlier. He is well. Since Chet has not been lineside except for the Station, we are planning on doing some rail fanning Monday AM *early*. Probably will go out and sit on East Ripley. Know Amtrak will buzz by about 6, should be other movements both before and after. Usually take coffee, doughnut and other accessories. Time will tell!

Later

Good evening. Wasn't able to post yesterday. I went over to Idaho to visit the woman who I adopted 2 dachshunds from years ago. I have stayed in touch over the years but it was almost a 7 hour drive from my old place. Around 2 hours from here. I also had some tile to return to Home Depot in Sand Point, ID, that was left over from my kitchen backsplash, but had a senior moment. Put the tile into the trunk of one car and drove the other to Idaho. Guess I earned a golden dipstick award, I really enjoyed the ride through the canyon to the Idaho line. Once I got to Bonners Ferry, I reminded me why I left Bozeman.

Got to meet Todd this morning. Nice to meet more people up here. Maybe will go train watching with him next Monday. I am close enough to the mainline that I can hear the trains if it is quiet.

Ken - It's great to see photos of your layout. I see a bit of progress has been made in the scenery department. Moving stone doesn't sound very entertaining.

Sherrel - Charlie doesn't seem to be interested in going outside.

Joe - Those property taxes have to hurt. I watched my taxes go up and up in recent years with all of the newbies moving into the valley wanting what they had wherever they came from. Another reason for moving.

Chad
- Looks like an outstanding start for a train room.

Hughie - Nice Cafe photo. Dog washing for me is yo taking my girls to the local pet shop. I no longer have a bathtub and the kitchen sink isn't really larger enough. I have them give each a bath and trim their toe nails and check their anal glands, which can be an issue with dachshunds. They only charge $40 for both dogs. The ladies that own the pet shop have three dachshunds of their own.

TomO
- Love the photos.

Willie - As usual, great pictures.

Karl - It sounds like I may have to forward the Golden Dipstick award to you for the basement incident.

Time for some photos from the archives.

thumbnail_20181225_134734.jpg
thumbnail_20181223_130645.jpg
thumbnail_20181227_144134.jpg
thumbnail_20190112_120519.jpg
thumbnail_20190113_130505.jpg
thumbnail_20190113_130823.jpg

Later

Afternoon all,

Going to attend a Disney\Pixar trivia contest with the kids and grandkids at the church tonight in a bit. Serving dinner and snacks, so it should be a fun time.

Peaches are starting to show some color, so we'll be having peaches in the next week or two. I can't wait!!!!

We eat Catfish too.

Wrong!! That's one fish I absolutely don't eat. Tend to be greasy and watery in texture. Nothing to do with flavor, taste is fine.

Dave(MN)- Mom gave me a few eggplants that I’m going to attempt a hand at making moussaka(they only way I’ll eat that veg) tomorrow. Got a recipe from a schoolmate of Greek heritage(her aunt gave her a Greek cookbook back in the mid-90’s).
Hughie- we got a dose of “farmer’s rain”(as our local weather guru calls it(steady soaking rain w/ no severe storms connected to it). We definitely needed it.
Patrick- I like the taste of grilled catfish, which(IMO) tends to get the greasiness out of them. Just not a lot of cats in these northern waters. Mostly catch panfish(bluegills, crappies & sunfish) Up North in Price County by the in-laws’ cabin.
The Nationals' Joey Meneses long hard road to the Majors is paying off big time! He has hit 4 homeruns since being called up after Soto was traded. Now they need some young pitchers to step up.
Louis- Good to hear. Dodgers really didn’t have an immediate need for Soto or Bell, but if AF was able to drive up the price that a division rival had to pay for them, it was worth being in the sweepstakes. They haven’t seen much dividend yet post-trade, as they are 3-5 & have lost 4-1/2 games in the division standings. I honestly think that if the playoff expansion had not happened for this year, Preller would not have made the deal when he did. If the Wildcard was still a play-in game, what he gave up would have been to high of a gamble for a 50/50 shot at LA in the Division Series.

USB interface so I can start playing around with JMRI... Please... either talk me out of using JMRI, or talk me into it.
Jeff: I have one that I rarely use. Usually, with the Prodigy Advance² that's all you need.

JMRI...has many possibilities. Once I get some wiring done, I'm plugging mine in to help me with consisting and speed matching. JMRI also offers other things you may like. Check out their web site.

Good evening gents
After dinner started to rewire my utility trailer and now it lights up like a Christmas tree! Didn't have to do anything to the lights themselves, just rewire the damn thing. Now I know why the last wire kit was so cheap. The China made wire set must have had evaporating copper in it. Wires that worked a year ago, when cut and stripped, just snapped of, like string licorice.
Ugh!

Crabs......I don't eat them. Ever since I witnessed a corpse being hauled out of the Bay with a dozen crabs on it, I lost my taste for it. My Dad suggested they clean them off and set the body again. Some of the cops laughed, others groaned.

Catfish doesn't appeal to me either, but fresh caught Rock, or grilled tuna is something else.!

Jeff. Go with JMRI, you wont be sorry.

Nite all, see ya in the morning!

Postscript: O's win big at Tampa Bay, 10-3. Sole posession of 3rd place in AL East and a Wild Card slot...Hope they can keep this up! OTOH, Nats lost again...some things never change, eh?
Finished all wire drops, for the enginehouse. Will connect power when my back isn't as sore. Began scenery at the Tilghman Street freight house. (Repurposed for other RR use as LCL service ended around 1963. Glued down cobblestone roadway around building.

B&O Tractor Crew 11_06_1975 on Fell St. Tim Cronin Photo..jpg

Tim Cronin photo, 11-06-1975 B&O Tractor Crew on Fell Street, (Fells Point, Balmer Merlin). Some really cool autos here also. Amazing area back in the day, before gentrification.

Ugh... I'm still awake at 11:17 p

Walked upstairs at 10:30 to hit the bed. Windows are open... and someone had a campfire by the pool. The smell of smoke is all over our 2nd level (we keep a fan in the window, and sucked the smoke in)

Two hits on the asthma inhaler, and I'm in the basement next to the airfilter unit, waiting on the lungs to clear. I turned the fan around, blowing from the other side of the house. I'll try again in about an hour.

Good morning Everybody!

Pitching and defense have always been the keys to winning in baseball. They always will be.
Most hitters can't drive a well-pitched ball. There are very few exceptions. Most hitters capitalize on the pitchers' mistakes.

Teams like Houston and Tampa Bay have shown the way to compete with big budget, big market teams. The Orioles are following their lead.

Time to make the doughnuts ;)

Have a great day Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back