Running Bear's July 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got you beat with 110°F at 5:00 pm Texas time! Pool & beer are next before I fix supper. Let's see if it can get any hotter!:(
The average temp in the UK is normally a cool 59-77F, we've been given a RED weather warning because of the high temp the UK and Europe are having, something that's never happened before, flight's are being cancelled, as not only roads, but tarmac runways are melting.
Trains are also not running in some places, as tracks are warping in the heat, and are so bad they may cause derailment's.

Currently 89° at Swampside. Topped out at 93° For tomorrow, a Heat Advisory, and an Air quality warning. It's going to 96. Thursday, there is an Excess Heat advisory up for the same predicted high of 96°, and there is a high likelihood of another Air Quality Advisory. What a difference 3 ° makes. Yo! buck up...it's July 20...it's summer time...

Family will be here sometime Thursday. Almost done cleaning, just groceries needed.

Train #192 Last Run April1963 Paul Hartline Photo.jpg

Last Reading/CNJ Harrisburg - Jersey City passenger train #192 makes final stop at Reading, PA 04/26/1963. Paul Hartline Photo. Note: RDG passenger GP7, CNJ Bag and Coach.

I was hoping he would have recorded a video “It’s Time For All-Star Baseball!”.
Not trying to argue but never understood the fascination with Vin Scully.

jack Brickhouse, Bob Elson, Mel Allen even Harry Carary if he had a few beers 1st I always thought were better but boy did Vin hang in there. I used to caddy a few times a month for Brickhouse, when not on TV he was a vulgar and cheap loudmouth.

I used to fall to sleep listening with the transistor radio under the pillow to Bob Elson when he did the White Sox or the Cardinals with Jack Buck. His son is a terrible Baseball guy but even worst at doing NFL games.

The best IMO of the radio guys and my transistor was Milo Hamilton doing the White Sox in the 60’s and again listening him do Astro games in the 80’s on the occasional time the AM radio signal made it to No. Central Wisconsin. Even now though I rarely watch baseball I will listen on the road to the car radio of the Tigers, Sox, Twins or Cardinal games.

Not trying to argue but never understood the fascination with Vin Scully.

jack Brickhouse, Bob Elson, Mel Allen even Harry Carary if he had a few beers 1st I always thought were better but boy did Vin hang in there. I used to caddy a few times a month for Brickhouse, when not on TV he was a vulgar and cheap loudmouth.

I used to fall to sleep listening with the transistor radio under the pillow to Bob Elson when he did the White Sox or the Cardinals with Jack Buck. His son is a terrible Baseball guy but even worst at doing NFL games.

The best IMO of the radio guys and my transistor was Milo Hamilton doing the White Sox in the 60’s and again listening him do Astro games in the 80’s on the occasional time the AM radio signal made it to No. Central Wisconsin. Even now though I rarely watch baseball I will listen on the road to the car radio of the Tigers, Sox, Twins or Cardinal games.
He was the Voice of the Dodgers for the better part of 7 decades(67 seasons, from 1950 til 2016). For much of his time in LA, Vin did both the radio & tv simultaneously. He had some of the most legendary calls, like Koufax’s perfect game in ‘65, Clark’s catch in Jan 82, Gibby’s walkoff in 88, Hank Aaron hitting #715 to pass The Babe, Billy Buck’s WS error in 86, Bo Jackson’s homer in the 89 ASG at Anaheim with the Gipper in the both that inning, Fernando’s no-hitter in 1990(“if you have a sombrero, throw it to the sky”, in respect to El Toro’s rural Sonoran roots). He was also well versed in history of both the game & the world. His storytelling was legendary, he would sometimes start a story with 2 outs & the hitter would invariably have a 13-14 pitch- keeping the inning alive long enough for Vin to finish his story.

Good Morning all!
55F in Libby.
79F in Mt. Prospect, IL.

I guess that we are better from the crap. I still have that cough once in awhile, she is starting to hear better. This one kicked our butts being worse than the other three.

So my burning question for y'all...looking for an exploded sheet for the Rivarossi Bigboy. Tried hoseeker.net which was an exercise in busy work. It is UP #4023, with R5472 and RIV5472 on the box. The Rivarossi site does not list this either. So I might not be holding my mouth just right when I search, ideas? Note that right now the actual engine is stored under the bunk with her sleeping in it so I can not just grab it and look for mo numbers.
Also need info on sound board to engine wiring as it looks like somebody has played with that in the not to distance past, again: ideas?

Ifn I can get past this, will start on the Challenger!

Later

Good Morning all!
55F in Libby.
79F in Mt. Prospect, IL.

I guess that we are better from the crap. I still have that cough once in awhile, she is starting to hear better. This one kicked our butts being worse than the other three.

So my burning question for y'all...looking for an exploded sheet for the Rivarossi Bigboy. Tried hoseeker.net which was an exercise in busy work. It is UP #4023, with R5472 and RIV5472 on the box. The Rivarossi site does not list this either. So I might not be holding my mouth just right when I search, ideas? Note that right now the actual engine is stored under the bunk with her sleeping in it so I can not just grab it and look for mo numbers.
Also need info on sound board to engine wiring as it looks like somebody has played with that in the not to distance past, again: ideas?

Ifn I can get past this, will start on the Challenger!

Later

Took the kids around some of the highlights of the battle fields. Kinda disappointing though. They couldn't name a single thing about what they saw today. Didn't know which side the Union was on. Didn't recall the name of the river. Didn't recall why the Union was going through Fredericksburg. Nothin. How did their uncle get from NY to Virginia? don't know. What was your uncle's name? Don't know. What kind of sandwich did ya have at Chic-fil-a? Oh yeah, the Chicken nuggets.
I could post a few dozen meaningless pictures of the kids climbing around on stuff,,,,,,, but I won't.
Sadly a sign of the times.

Good morning all! 73 headed for 93 with a heat index of 103. Gonna be a nasty one again, but the wind is supposed to pick up later and that should make it a little better. Staying really busy at work and seem to wind up with more projects given to me every day. Gets a little frustrating. Not because I don't like doing the stuff but because they seem to have an idea that I have all the time in the world to accomplish everything. Still love my job, just wish I could make a few changes or create a few extra hours in the day.

Nothing much else going on. One more week of my online class coming up and then a couple week break before the Fall semester begins.

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning all! 73 headed for 93 with a heat index of 103. Gonna be a nasty one again, but the wind is supposed to pick up later and that should make it a little better. Staying really busy at work and seem to wind up with more projects given to me every day. Gets a little frustrating. Not because I don't like doing the stuff but because they seem to have an idea that I have all the time in the world to accomplish everything. Still love my job, just wish I could make a few changes or create a few extra hours in the day.

Nothing much else going on. One more week of my online class coming up and then a couple week break before the Fall semester begins.

Hope you all have a great day!
Ken: Welcome to the wonderful world of IT!!!! They always want things a week before they tell you they want it, and it's your job to have it done before they know what it is they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back