Running Bear's July 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon!

Back out of the layout room for another coffee. Did a bunch of tie replacement that needed done after laying track awhile back.
I also cut the motel office roof down to size. Now, you'll be able to see the front door when it's installed. Scribed a sidewalk into the base, as well.
Motel_07-31-2022 (3).JPG

I should probably prep the rest of the motel before I start priming everything. Then I only need to decant primer once for this project.

Sounds like the wife wants to go fishing again tomorrow. So, if it don't rain, I won't be coming into the shop. We usually leave before the sun gets up too high.

I can't say that I've ever actually seen a wooden road crossing for real. Then again, I've never actually noticed. From now on, I'm going to pay attention. Seems to me, the road crossings are usually gravel or pavement around here.

Gary - That's a great looking garden. My wife is impressed, and wants to know if you get hummingbirds coming into it.

Have a great evening, folks!

Gary: Beautiful Gardens. You must not have a Deer problem, by the looks of things.
Boris, thank you, she puts a lot of work into it for sure. The deer do love our garden, I have to chase them out of the yard all the time. They mow down many of her plants when they come through. We don’t grow tulips much any more And I had to screen in her entire veggie garden.

RE: Chick-Fil-A

Heresy all you haters! ! 🤣 🤣;)🤣

Though I have to say I never eat the sandwiches. I always get the nuggets with the Chick-Fil-A sauce and / or the Sriracha sauce. Their salads are also good -- one of the first fast food salads I'll buy. The nuggets are by far better than any other nugget at anf fast food type place.

Ya, forgot about ShopKO. Did take a few months to get that going though.

Speaking of ShopKo, we used to have them here in Utah as well. My daughter attends a charter school and they are moving to a new building for this coming school year. A building converted from an empty ShopKo store!

The school was grades 6-12 and was located in a shopping plaza where they had a dedicated building they built in the corner of the parking lot and then 2 of the units in one of the shopping buildings. (The sort of strip-maill like shopping place but nicer than your average strip mall).

Now they are going to be K-12 and in this new building. Should be a lot nicer. The K-5 will run as an elementary school with their own staff and the 6-12 will continue with their current principal and staff, all under the same aegis of sponsorship and boards. My daughter will be a Freshman.

Though I have to say I never eat the sandwiches. I always get the nuggets with the Chick-Fil-A sauce and / or the Sriracha sauce. Their salads are also good -- one of the first fast food salads I'll buy. The nuggets are by far better than any other nugget at anf fast food type place.
Next time I treat my grandson to Chick-fil-A I will try the nuggets. I do like any kind of nuggets. My favorite are the premium Purdue nuggets from Costco. I like everything homemade better.
Normally what I have done is pick up Chick-fil-A for my grandson and go to the Arby's next to it for me.

I'm in the minority. Chick-fil-A is always crowded. Arby's seldom is.

Ps my wife's chicken schnitzel makes the best chicken sandwich!

Didn’t want to step on bnsf’s post for August coffee shop so

Natal Day holiday here in Halifax this morning,
Good morning to all, heading down the Valley for an overnight stay in Annapolis Royal. Will visit their historic gardens, Port Royal and Fort Anne which I will enjoy. Coffee and bagel please Flo. My boys will enjoy a vacation at the house again…..lol

Morning all,

76° going for a high of 101°. Back to the heat and work.

Still need to take more time, but it will still be a while before I can and in the meantime I earn more time...1st world problems.

I think I'm going to still attempt my wooden ones again. I found I was trying to make them a bit wider than I probably should be 9\16ths instead of 1\2 inch. I used some 1\8th inch material between the ties to lift it crossing over the tie plates. Once I can get back downstairs, I'll see how it works...I've got the material, so I'll push through.

Guy: The wooden grade crossings were pre-1980, at least that's when I recall them getting replaced with concrete. Many were paved over, but still the wood underneath.

Not a hater, just not impressed. Their nuggets are ok, but Popeyes chicken sandwich is so much better. Salads are for the wife. My 2 favs are the sausage egg and cheese biscuits and the peach milkshakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back