Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, howdy there Internet MRR peeps, and those wondering if they should dumpster dive at Terry's soon to be former employer

It's troy again...

Not much to report on the hobby front. Been working on business stuff, and chasing down a problem on my 3D filament printer.

Finally figured out that the printer was in too cold of an environment. The corner of the furnace room it was in was on two outside basement walls. Moved a theo-meter back there, and was running 5° F lower than the rest of the basement.

But, I had stuff all screwed up before I realized that. So, I decided I'd do some major upgrades to solve another pesky but not critical issue. I changed the firmware to the generic one, which gives me the ability to adjust how much filament flows (called the e-steps).

So, I moved it to the main area, on an interior wall. Been fighting to get the bed leveled again. Once that finally gets dialed in, I'll work on the e-steps.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 1.28.00 PM.png

If you're wondering, that's a Baby Buddha I'm printing. It's one of the test prints on the machine. If it goes well, I've got a few other test prints to help dial in the bed level.

That's it for now. Good luck to Jazz with her knee. Probably should kick the hubby less often to let it heal up.

As for Sherrell, good luck with getting sleep and the heart ticking correctly.

TTFN!

Afternoon All,

Finished up with the basic ground cover around the build. I decided to repaint the roof sign black because the green color faded into everything else. Lastly, I attached a piece of fascia (mounted high) to protect the build while I work on other stuff close by.

I decided to run trains this afternoon. Everything was fine for about 30 minutes then the DT402D started losing connection with the 2 locos I was running. I changed the battery but the only way I could control them was to be plugged into the UR92 or UR91. The last thing that happened was the WOW sound decoder whistle programmer came on by itself. At this point I was finished. I am already scheduled to see Jon tomorrow (my DCC guy) so I'm bringing the locos and throttles with me. It's always something...sigh. :(

Thank you for the likes of my photos yesterday.

Steve- I'm sorry. I misunderstood your question the other day. I thought you were asking about the bridge rails that are pointed on the ends. I had a similar thing on my last layout. I glued wooden blocks under the plywood with a construction adhesive then screwed the fascia into them. Maybe you can do something similar.

Mikey- Thank you.

Jaz- Thank you.

Sherrel- I'm very sorry to hear you are in distress. I hope and pray you recover quickly. It is good to see you posting again.

Hughie- Thank you. I have built several easy kits and 2 difficult kits (intricate). I think that they qualify as low-end craftsman kits. Just my opinion.

Dave- Thank you. Great looking scene.

Last photo of the build.
REA5.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All.

Spent several hours finishing up the build. The only thing left to do is ground cover around the side and back. This has taken me about 30 days to build.

Thank you for the likes yesterday for my photos.

IB Ken- Please show lots of progress photos. :)

Terry- I'm worried about Sherrel.

Joe- Thank you.

Steve- I hope you get your Pacific running correctly. You've probably have already done this, but have you gauged the wheels? It sounds like you're wife is doing quite well. Not sure what it's called but I would do it since it's prototypical.

Dave- I like the fence. For some reason the black spots remind me of turnbuckles.

Lee- Thank you.

View attachment 141054

View attachment 141055

View attachment 141056

View attachment 141057

View attachment 141058

I hope everyone has a good night.
Foscale‘s REA kit. Nice kit, and nice work!

Good afternoon Everybody!

I'm very concerned about Sherrel. We don't see eye to eye on much other than baseball, but he is a great man and I respect his opinions. Most importantly, I consider him my friend. Get well soon you old Codger! 😉

Thank you Terry and Willie for the updates.

The thing I don’t understand about this new ownership is instead of making life difficult for employees they should have purchased the company without any carry over employees. It would have been cheaper to have the old owner tell the employees they were done
These folks must have learned their employee relations from the Norfolk Southern bunch. There was a reason why I finished my railroad career at Amtrak, that went beyond the higher pay rate.

We just did a little more checking on the PTO thing, and sick days are included in that 30 day advance thing. So if you get the flu, a cold, or throw your back out on Sunday when you’re shoveling snow (or whatever), you’re SOL, as far as getting paid for your days out sick. It’s looking more and more like I made a good decision.
So you need to schedule your illness in order to be paid ? What a compassionate group of people you work for...

Okay, I have the absolutely barest minimum tools required to do my job still there, everything else has been stored in the garage. The empty toolbox, an impact gun, two sockets, a screwdriver, a tape measure, and two wrenches are all that remain there. Tomorrow, I intend to bring the top part of my toolbox home, and Friday I am taking my uniforms with me, and dressing in civilian clothes to go to work. I am going to have the service manager sign a receipt indicating I returned all Company owned property to him, so when the Company tries to dock my final paycheck for missing uniforms, I will submit the receipt as evidence to the contrary.
I know they will do this. They have done it before to other employees here, so I am going prepared.

Their compassion begins and ends with the bottom line on the balance sheet. A penny screwed from an employee is a penny profit.
This group is a poster child for the necessity of worker's unions.
Apparently there are a lot of these poster children...more than most people realize.
That why unions are becoming more popular, people are tired of being treated like crap. There are 2 Starbucks in Buffalo that went union and now there's one in Wisconsin going union.

Very tired of waking to hyperventilation caused (they say) by A-FIB and gasping for air!
Pulse rate varies by the hour from 50 to 150 - BP all over the place, EKG looks like a pre schoolers drawing.
Almost zero sleep 2-3 hrs a night for over a week resulting in zero energy and no appetite.
Will see whatn the Doctor says this morning. Going to the ER last week was so much fun ... the hallways were lined with beds and the waiting room must have had well over 50 souls there.
I know it sounds a bit silly, but if you don’t take vit D3 I would take some asap, it won’t cure everything you have but. It might help your body cope better,and I think even a small tweak might help you at the moment.
please feel free to think wtf, but it won’t do you any harm, and hopefully might help just alittle.I really hope things improve for you because it sounds awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back