Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly, do you drive a bed? 🤣
Easy, Custom Holden Panel Van. Won't give you it's colloquial name.
1642947107278.png

Well the two kits went together reasonably well, the hopper was very basic to put together, the freight car not so much, you'll notice several integral parts are missing, end ladders, brake wheel, grab handle's, and some more bits are still on the sprue as I have no idea what they are (some I suspect are the destination boards or code boards, but no idea where they should be placed), others no clue, unfortunately either I'm missing a page from the instruction leaflet, (less than half page A4 ) or someone thinks everyone has very intimate knowledge of these type of freight cars, either way it doesn't really matter, it will be either in a box or hopefully running around my track, and as I don't have a intimate knowledge of how they are supposed to look, I doubt I will really notice, as I learn more I will probably put them on.
The white oblong in the foreground is the start of making a dummy coal load for the hopper.
hopper.jpg

How exactly, do you drive a bed? 🤣
Hey I have had the guys turn up, look nervous,hand me a box of chocolates, which my dad normally scoffed,one Xmas the box was so big my dad was really unimpressed when I would not go out with him any more because it turned out he laughed like a hyena, paper bag not required,but omg a muffler was! And he laughed at his own stories however awful. shudders.

Driving is not the activity the bags are intended to protect against...
it would appear guys are much more desperate than girls.My other half not long after we started going out taught me a whole bundle of ways on how to protect myself, just as well we stuck together or sone clown would have needed a doctor or a coffin….wiggles eyebrows.
Usually I found someone pinching ones bum would desist after you stepped back on 4 in heels and stepped on their foot and lifted the other foot,a hiss of air,a small whimper etc were not uncommon, one idiot tried to cop a feel,and got my knee in the crotch I bet he never repeated that I walked after with him on the floor in the throes of agony. We owned dogs, my last before I was married was a Doberman, but even our corgi bit someone where it hurt, about as high as he could jump when I was walking the dog and the tit grabbed me for a kiss I did not agree to I screamed the dog came in full pelt the lad did not see the dog until too late,the dog got a pork sausage for tea as a treat,I never got attacked in that park again lol.

I'm a fan of Walmart because of the great prices. Did I mention I'm cheap?! Both are worth shopping at for the convenience.
Louis: I'm not a fan of Walmart, for a variety of reasons, none of which have to do with pricing. With Costco and BJs close by, as well as sharpshooting the sales at Acme and ShopRite, as well as RiteAid and Walgreen, I shop Walmart, maybe six times a year.

Good morning gang!

31° going up to 36° today (oh my, a heat wave!) Some of the kids are coming over later for pizza and family game night. That also means puppy palooza as they will be bringing doges with them. So 7 people, 5 dogs and a cat , this oughta be a hoot!
WMautoracks.JPG

Did someone mention VWs?

Still working on the false wall to back up the workbench, hope to get that ready for paint before the kids get here. Got some puter work to do too.

Ken, you will have to give us a report on the Timonium show. After I left the FCSME and Howard sold the show, I've only gone twice. It has lost its luster for me, especially since Howard sold. The new regime just doesn't have the same feel to it.

BBL

Good morning gang!

31° going up to 36° today (oh my, a heat wave!) Some of the kids are coming over later for pizza and family game night. That also means puppy palooza as they will be bringing doges with them. So 7 people, 5 dogs and a cat , this oughta be a hoot!
View attachment 139326
Did someone mention VWs?

Still working on the false wall to back up the workbench, hope to get that ready for paint before the kids get here. Got some puter work to do too.

Ken, you will have to give us a report on the Timonium show. After I left the FCSME and Howard sold the show, I've only gone twice. It has lost its luster for me, especially since Howard sold. The new regime just doesn't have the same feel to it.

BBL
Ooo oooo ooooooo love the campers

it would appear guys are much more desperate than girls.My other half not long after we started going out taught me a whole bundle of ways on how to protect myself, just as well we stuck together or sone clown would have needed a doctor or a coffin….wiggles eyebrows.
Usually I found someone pinching ones bum would desist after you stepped back on 4 in heels and stepped on their foot and lifted the other foot,a hiss of air,a small whimper etc were not uncommon, one idiot tried to cop a feel,and got my knee in the crotch I bet he never repeated that I walked after with him on the floor in the throes of agony. We owned dogs, my last before I was married was a Doberman, but even our corgi bit someone where it hurt, about as high as he could jump when I was walking the dog and the tit grabbed me for a kiss I did not agree to I screamed the dog came in full pelt the lad did not see the dog until too late,the dog got a pork sausage for tea as a treat,I never got attacked in that park again lol.
I’m guessing reading these back that there are a lot of guys in my past who would cheer if I got stuck down by lightening…….

Howard sold the show, I've only gone twice. It has lost its luster for me, especially since Howard sold. The new regime just doesn't have the same feel to it.
I think I was there once after Howard sold. It's really not worth it to drive down any longer. I might try the Greenberg show coming up in March at Edison...only a 45" drive, and no tolls. Greenberg focuses on Hi-Rail and other stuff, but many of the same HO vendors at Timonium go there also.
My guess is that this is more drive related than a commentary as to the quality of the show. Since the virus, who knows what to expect...

Harris Teeter, which is Kroger by another name, is located at the end of our road. It's very convenient, with decent pricing.
I usually used Walmart for their grocery pickup service. They don't charge a fee to pick up our stuff, and we don't run the risk of catching the Plague in the store--or making a hundred dollars worth of impulse purchases.
Whenever we'd go North for something, usually a vacation or funeral, I'd stop at Weis (deliberately mispronounced "we is"), I'd pick up several 12 packs of diet white birch beer. Nobody here sells it, and I'm not paying $50 on Amazon for a six pack of the stuff...
I seldom ever call it wise, I almost always say it as it is spelled. I think it is a family name, so they must be right. I like their diet sodas. I'd be happy to send you some of the white birch beer

Terry, Our Harris Teeter is in an upscale shopping center. They are high on most everything, but they do have great sales.
That is one of the things I like about Walmart, I always see a thing or 2,3,4... I did not have on the list. I'm terrible with lists. Actually my biggest problem is I often forget the list!
Louis: I'm not a fan of Walmart, for a variety of reasons, none of which have to do with pricing. With Costco and BJs close by, as well as sharpshooting the sales at Acme and ShopRite, as well as RiteAid and Walgreen, I shop Walmart, maybe six times a year.
I only go to Walmart first thing in the morning. At least I try to. By mid-morning there will be too many odd balls for me. Other than that the only thing I don't like is how big the place is, I'm worn out by the time I walk around the place!

Last edited:
Last time a guy tried grabbing my daughter rear, she warned him off, second time he did it she told him if he did it again he would regret it, third time, my daughter broke his nose. My daughter is 5'2" and weighs 110 pounds. 🤣

Good morning all! Looks like we will warm into the 60's today, but another front will be moving in from the southwest and predictions are for a 90% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.

Clean up on aisle 3. We use Kroger, H E B, Walmart, Target, Costco, Aldi, and on rare occasion Sprout's. Each store has it's own unique items so we shop them all over the span of a month. As to the bags, I don't like the way the so called baggers do it. I'm guessing to many people complained about heavy bags, so now they put two or three items in a bag. I would rather bag it myself. Cold stuff in the same bags, crushables separated from can goods. When I sack, we can pretty much carry a bag in, it's entire contents go in the frig, freezer or pantry.

Not sure what is on today's agenda, but I may get to sneak into the train room and run some trains.

I'll leave this on the table, under the bag.
1642957199698.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Then surely you mean condoms….I don’t think they make good bags or hats…..titters
I hate to be the one that has to spell it out in graphic detail, but...
The reason for a paper bag was to put over the girl's head, so you didn't have to look at her while doing the horizontal mambo.
The second bag was for you, in case hers broke, or fell off in the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back