Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um what is I P L
Indian Premier League. On June/July time. It's a Franchise thing, have the biggest names in cricket, like Chris Gayle, Ian Broad, Sachin Tandulker, Virat Kohli and the like, to a maximum of 8 overseas players per team, I promise you you'll be glued to it. At the start it's two matches a day, on a round-robin format.
Check it out.

Good Morning Everyone out there in model railroad layout....! Nice and sunny, but cold and the last time I checked it was 2 degrees. Warmer by Wednesday then snow.

I never been a fan of Apple products. Too highly priced. The sales of Apple products at Apple stores is out of this world!!! I co-worker of mine made a small fortune when he purchased Apple stocks early in the game. He also most begged me to buy apple. He think originally he purchased 2-300 shares.

As far as hockey goes, I like to watch a hockey game in person rather than a game on television. We used to have access to hockey tickets for Milwaukee Admiral games and at one game we were seated next to the opposing team's penalty box and one bloodied player pulled out a loose front tooth in front of us and he continued to watch the game with blood dripping out on the floor.

The lastest bid for those two Utah Belt hoppers is a bit high. It would be nice to have a car or two of Eric Brooman's. He does a nice job on customizing rolling stock and then doing a light weathering job.

TomO: I enjoy the photos of your well-done layout. What are the layout's dimensions?

Has anyone used the CMX track cleaning car with the fluid tank? Is it worth the price?

Puppy sitting for Riley again while Cathy is at the doctor's office and some errands and when stopping at a old friend's house.

Smidge617: I watch a cricket game while in Vancouver, BC and it seems like a fun game to play.

That's all for now......................

Stay warm.

Greg

#################

Good Morning Everyone out there in model railroad layout....! Nice and sunny, but cold and the last time I checked it was 2 degrees. Warmer by Wednesday then snow.

I never been a fan of Apple products. Too highly priced. The sales of Apple products at Apple stores is out of this world!!! I co-worker of mine made a small fortune when he purchased Apple stocks early in the game. He also most begged me to buy apple. He think originally he purchased 2-300 shares.

As far as hockey goes, I like to watch a hockey game in person rather than a game on television. We used to have access to hockey tickets for Milwaukee Admiral games and at one game we were seated next to the opposing team's penalty box and one bloodied player pulled out a loose front tooth in front of us and he continued to watch the game with blood dripping out on the floor.

The lastest bid for those two Utah Belt hoppers is a bit high. It would be nice to have a car or two of Eric Brooman's. He does a nice job on customizing rolling stock and then doing a light weathering job.

TomO: I enjoy the photos of your well-done layout. What are the layout's dimensions?

Has anyone used the CMX track cleaning car with the fluid tank? Is it worth the price?

Puppy sitting for Riley again while Cathy is at the doctor's office and some errands and when stopping at a old friend's house.

Smidge617: I watch a cricket game while in Vancouver, BC and it seems like a fun game to play.

That's all for now......................

Stay warm.

Greg

#################
Check this out, you'll be glued to it.

Louis: Yes WARP was the last version of OS\2. Co-written with Microsoft. Once Microsoft said to IBM they wanted IBM to buy part of them, IBM said no and basically took OS\2 and sent Microsoft off on their own. Microsoft signed license agreements that made their software the first thing that people chose so Windows NT was loaded. It was NT 3.5 before Microsoft was really ready to start networking, but by that time OS\2 was on the downside. It was the superior product, but MS seemed to have better lawyers. Knowing how IBM works, I'm surprised they're still around.

I learned to program on an IBM 360 in the early 80's. First program written on punch cards. I also worked for a company that "upgraded" IBM PCXT's from 5Mb hard drives to 10mb. Most of the drives were already 10mb, but partitioned to 5mb. We made a lot of money in 1985 by selling the same service IBM wanted $2500 to do for $1500. We also had a BIOS set for clone machines that had a Basic in BIOS. That was a way to get around the state bid process. They couldn't exactly say we want IBM in the bid spec, so they picked the BIOS basic as one of their specifications. Nobody used the BIOS basic as they loaded DOS from disk, but only IBM had the basic language in BIOS at the time. Now IBM doesn't make PC's anymore. Lenovo makes most of the IBM equipment anymore. Been doing this way too long... šŸ¤£

Dawn antibacterial dish soap. It has almost the same coloring as the syrup I use. My wife will not eat any pancakes that are not perfect so that was on my mind. That's what really caused this whole thing.
George
Talk about in the Dog house, think you might have been staying there a very long time if you hadn't spotted the mistake, sorry, I think this is sooooo funny šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ Just what I needed after a day at work

Afternoon All,

After some chores I continued bracing wall pieces. I finished that this afternoon. I figure it took about 6 hours to do (a lot of walls). Tomorrow I will start the inerior wall painting (flat black) and do a protective rattle can spray on a sheet of fiberbord parts and a sheet of heavy paper parts (think file folder). I recieved the building lights that I ordered today. We had our first thunderstorm of the year in Central Florida.

Steve- I experimented with super magnets on my last layout with mixed results.

Willie- Nice sunrise. I'm interested in seing what you do with the castings.

Joe- Love the electric.

George- I use a shower chair at it's lowest height to wire under the layout.

Dave- Looks good. Are the pine (?) boards permanent?

Ken (IL)- I can only imagine the cost of books now. I attended a CC in 2000 and the prices were beyond ridiculous then.

Sherrel- It's the latest BLI release. My buddy Jon took out their system and put in WOW sound. It's going to be leased motive power on the layout. Now you know more than you ever wanted to. :)

Christian- Have to keep the wife happy.

Jaz- Great job on the figures and especially the bridge. Did you scratch build it?

IB Ken- Can you take a photo of the roof in place? I'm very interested in this.

Guy- Hang in there buddy.

Gary- Enjoy your new chair.

Patrick- Nice job on the repair/replacements.

I hope everyone has a good night.

1641846660226.png

Indian Premier League. On June/July time. It's a Franchise thing, have the biggest names in cricket, like Chris Gayle, Ian Broad, Sachin Tandulker, Virat Kohli and the like, to a maximum of 8 overseas players per team, I promise you you'll be glued to it. At the start it's two matches a day, on a round-robin format.
Check it out.

Cricket - the one game that can go on for more than a week

Good afternoon from a brisk So. Central Wisconsin where the high is supposed to get to +7f/-13.8c. Seems doubtful since it is 2:30 as I started typing. It is +5 degrees now. The winds are calmer now at 10mph versus the high teens and gusts in the high 20ā€™s that we had this morning.

Eventful day, not really but yes.

Kohls at 10 to return items from Christmas and buy something that fits.

HomeDepot for new N95 or NK95 masks. No NK just the Nā€™s which are still fine. The 95ā€™s now are being suggested to replace cloth and the paper surgical masks we have been wearing. Dane County Wisconsin is the highest vaccinated county in the state with almost 80% fully vaccinated and 70%+ having the booster. Rates of hospitalization is still climbing, almost entirely unvaccinated folks and many under 5 year old kids. That must be heart breaking for those parents. So the county health department is suggesting the upgrades.

Then we hit a furniture store for a possible new mattress purchase. Sticker shocker, $2300 for a Queen sized Stearns and Foster firm mattress. Not a set just the top mattress. They have them in stock and the sales person sort of laughed as that might be the only thing in stock at the store.

Then hit the grocery store, barely unloaded the groceries at home and got hit by the dreaded low blood sugar event. At least the 3rd one this month. Like I mentioned previously this has not been a good health month for me. Tried to rest while Terry is napping but not happening, so here I am.

Greg, the layout is not big. Along the walls, cantilevered as a shelf layout. Main wall is 32ā€™, the aisle way wall is 11ā€™, the north papermill wall is 12ā€™ the east papermill wall is 14ā€™ and the bridge wall is 7ā€™ with a 3 1/2ā€™aisle crossing and 7ā€™ of programming track above the work bench. Nothing wider then 24ā€ except for the abandoned quarry corner that is 32-36ā€ not 100% on that. I can expand about 60ā€™ in 2 different direct directions but until we know what our living accommodations will be this will stay awhile.

WILLIE, thanks. I think I have a couple months of work in on that wood chip pile and tracks. Rebuilt a couple times as I was having issues getting the wood chips smaller then a 3ā€™ child. The editor of RMC chimed in a few times and said one day. If the chip is bigger then your scaled down hand they are too big. Everything went into a coffee grinder more then a few times. The chips over the track work are ā€œgood enoughā€.

I pulled all my sales attempts off of Facebook but left the locomotive for sale here on the forum. Doesnā€™t seem to be any interest and my PayPal is messed up. PayPal is now saying I donā€™t exist after at least 7 years of using it. So I canā€™t do payment transactions.

TomO

remember these? Put up for sale for less then I have seen elsewhere online. The others are selling but not mine.
6EE3D019-9B11-479F-B65A-AF22989C4EA1.jpeg
EA7E517C-B1C9-4981-A474-3FDA7F35891F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back