Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplest rule is that you can’t go into the opponents end before the puck. Just like the good school yard rules, no tripping, hacking, fighting….debatable dirty play is allowed sometimes…..lol, hence Brad Marchand of the Bruins. My old next door neighbours son.

3 15 minute periods stop time, and then different forms of overtime if tied after 45.

Heck they ruined Dr Who for me, yes occasionally I did not like the odd Dr Who male, but I knew a new one would arrive eventually, and There was a clever link to a female Dr whilst still being a male Dr, and if it had been female but F E M A L E ‘I would probably have been ok, and yes James Bond is white male preferably British he is a British agent, we don’t need a geek, a gay, a female a black would stand out like a sore thumb in real life so come on admit it in film as well, lets stay true to the ideal, Dr Who has often had serious.y great side kicks who are female, had there been a credible male companion it might have worked but the pc correct team just can’t not squeeze everything into it ruining it.
As a child I wanted to be Captain Kirk, Superwoman - because she existed, Catwoman cause originally she was cool, but if the role model was male I did not need to feminine it, maybe had I a child who played a female super her ok I might have thought wtf but I would have coped with it, I have had gay and lesbian school friends, and adult friends, never intimidated me and I never ridiculed their choices. they have been there that long, they just did not need to be in your face. My other half when I met him said he wished more men were gay, less competition for the women. We have both been friendly with a 3 some male, the fact they were a threesome was much more unusual than they were gay.
Yes Jodie Whittaker as Dr Who, NO, scripts are a mish mash of god know what, but the scriptwriters are all women, no disrespect intended but they make her look like a mixture of all the Dr's rolled into, which she is supposed to be, but not all at the same time, and at least give the girl a script that doesn't make her look like she has dementia. Jazz, I think your thinking of the Dr's "daughter"?
Female James "Jane"? Bond, NO, a woman could carry a similar role, and there have been some kickass movies/TV series with leading women Jessica Alba in Dark Angel for one, Nikita for two, it's just because James Bond is white, suave, a womaniser, and bloody British and before the days of PC. Yes they do have to move with the times, but don't say 007, just not right.
My ex was South African Indian, most Saturday's was Bhangra night, disco with Indian music (but during the day) never seen so many LGBT in my life, but all hilarious and never had a problem with any of them, I was straight, they weren't, never an issue, even now, some I am still friends with .

Last edited:
Good afternoon all, it is up to -2, I think our high for today.

TomO in Winsonsin, beautiful scenes from your layout!

I got the framework done on my new layout (I built it outside) and it is now in the train room. My wife had to help get it in there, it was in two halves. There will be a little final reinforcing then tracklaying begins!!!!

Dave

Saw this on the US fleabay so just putting this out there, Minikits Molasses Warehouse

molasses.jpg

Boris I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro because I wanted some way to watch my basement while I was on a golf vacation in Myrtle Beach. I thought Window Pro was the only way to do this. Then I found that with Chrome you could set up a computer camera connected to your phone without any charges or fees. I went that way. You had to leave your monitor on but that was no big deal. Is there any other way to do this without any fees etc?
The Chrome thing worked but your computer and monitor had to be left on.
George
George: Great idea, actually I wasn't aware that you could do that...Alphabet, (Google), offers numerous "free" tools.

Ken IL, and Todd:
Right now, I'm running Win 11 on my new lap top. Win 10 on my "Model Railroad" laptop. I seriously considered Linux before I bought the win 11 laptop. I do have reservations with "open source" products, but I'm not adverse to trying them.

Word Perfect Office, is reasonably priced, and I don't have to renew each year, to maintain my files. I also use Quatro Pro to replace my Banking software...Ouicken... which also went annual subscription. I just have a problem with buying the same software every year when there are no critical improvements.

George: Great idea, actually I wasn't aware that you could do that...Alphabet, (Google), offers numerous "free" tools.

Ken IL, and Todd: Right now, I'm running Win 11 on my new lap top. Win 10 on my "Model Railroad" laptop. I seriously considered Linux before I bought the win 11 laptop. I do have reservations with "open source" products, but I'm not adverse to trying them.

Word Perfect Office, is reasonably priced, and I don't have to renew each year, to maintain my files. I also use Quatro Pro to replace my Banking software...Ouicken... which also went annual subscription. I just have a problem with buying the same software every year when there are no critical improvements.
Boris - I would not be worried about Open Source stuff. I worry more about Closed Source stuff .. aka .. Windows and whatever apps go with it. Most open source is upgraded by a community of programmers that belong to different organizations. Because it is open source, YOU can get in and wade through the code if you so desire. Try that with closed source. The whole idea behind open source is it to make it better for ALL users.

I have been doing Linux since about 1995 - RedHat 5.2 I think then, Fedora now. I have gotten pretty used to it and the Fedora community updates it regular fixing security faults; if found, making the GUI better and such. If you do use Linux and you setup your computer proper, you will never have to worry about it. Ever seen an 'Anti Virus' for Linux? Don't believe there is such a thing, if so, I suspect that they are not in business for long.

Don't know much about hockey despite growing up near Detroit. Had no idea it was only a 3 period game until my wife asked me to go watch a game with her. I though it was half time after the third. I thought she was getting up to hit the concession stand. Teams cleared the ice, Zamboni came out. She stopped in the isle and asked if I was comin. Said no, I'm good. She said games over, lets go home. I was a bit confused like maybe I missed something.
Well, model railroading I understand. Football, baseball, basketball, etc., I understand and played well. Hockey, 1 point in the two or so hours on the ice being a normal game, eh.

I enjoy watching hockey, I don't understand the finer points, but it is an exciting game. To be honest I enjoy it more on listening on the radio. The Capitals have a great radio broadcast team. They describe and explain the game in detail.

I tried turning the TV down and listening to the radio, but the two are not synchronized.

That reminds me of the old Monday Night Football. I turned the TV down and listened to Hank Stram and Jack Buck, the best national broadcast team ever in my book.

Boris what happens is you setup a link with your phone and the computer camera through Chrome. Then when you click on the link on your phone it captures a photo of what's ever the camera is showing at the time. It's very easy to setup. One still image. Click on it 10 minutes later and you get updated image. It's free. You do it through Chrome Remote Desktop. I did this last year. It's still on my phone Chrome Remote Desktop has to be running in the background on the computer. I think there's some kind of camera option where the link connects to your computer camera. I would have to go down to the basement and turn the option on to remember how it all works.
George

I tried turning the TV down and listening to the radio, but the two are not synchronized.
Louis: There is a built in 7 second delay, to discourage that. To make matters worse NBC Sports Washington commentators, Joe B and "Locker" no longer travel to road games. They broadcast from the studio in or near DC. That causes further delay in broadcast times, vs, Radio.

My sports interest is limited to Hockey, and (maybe if the lockout ends), Baseball. I also follow the Big East (Nova), and the NCAA Men's tournament if Nova gets that far. After all 35 years of the Giants and the Jets dulls the imagination, and stifles interest. Hockey gets faster and younger all the time. It's rally fun to watch although it's better in person.

George: Sounds easy. I should try this. Thanks.

Bad fire in the Bronx this morning. Little boy DOA, 33 Life Threatening, 9 serious, and 22 treated and released. 5 Alarms...started on the third floor, some mention of a lithium battery involved, per NY Fire Wire.

Afternoon All,

Started out this morning going to breakfast and feeling bloated until just recently, and I didn't even eat all of it. Then the wife and I took Dad to get a winter coat and a couple of flannel shirts for his trip to Ohio next month. I had no energy for modeling today so I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Thank you all for the likes on my photo yesterday.

Smudge- I have done something similar several times...sigh.

Justin- Nice set of hoppers.

Karl- Can you charge the camera through your computer via USB cable?

IB Ken- I'm glad your daughter is doing better.

TomO- I sympathize with your change of plans. Great photos. The spread over the rails look realistic but I imagine makes it hard keeping cars on the track.

Joe- Nice photo.

Sherrel- Best wishes for your family.

This is a video that shows how you fire up a steam locomotive. It's long at 37 minutes but I was fascinated by it.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Female James "Jane"? Bond, NO, a woman could carry a similar role, and there have been some kickass movies/TV series with leading women Jessica Alba in Dark Angel for one, Nikita for two, it's just because James Bond is white, suave, a womaniser, and bloody British and before the days of PC. Yes they do have to move with the times, but don't say 007, just not right.
I agree! And to stay true to the character and Ian Flemings books, James Bond was only married once briefly, until his new bride was killed after the ceremony as they were on the way to their honeymoon. The death of Theresa shaped Bond's character as he vowed to never be "serious" about a woman after that. He had NO children.

Of course , I am also a traditionalist. For my money, the original Wonder Woman will always be the best.
00014_6.jpg

Can't see any dude taking that roll either!!

I agree! And to stay true to the character and Ian Flemings books, James Bond was only married once briefly, until his new bride was killed after the ceremony as they were on the way to their honeymoon. The death of Theresa shaped Bond's character as he vowed to never be "serious" about a woman after that. He had NO children.

Of course , I am also a traditionalist. For my money, the original Wonder Woman will always be the best.
00014_6.jpg

Can't see any dude taking that roll either!!
Ohhh, just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back