Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide what to do next in prep for tomorrow's op session. I'll just sit here in the basement, watching the track cleaner train run by till I get ny plan together. Most likely will make a trash run with the full, roll away container then stop at the grocery store to pick up snacks snd drinks for tomorrow.

Well, howdy there internet cafe dwellers and guzzlers of Mel's coffee

It's Troy again.

I'm procrastinating instead of cleaning the garage.

Today, the home improvement store is delivering the new bathroom vanity, sink, topper, linen cabinet, etc. Guess what I'm doing next week?

Garage at our condo complex is actually a converted carport. Barely a 2 car wide. Detached from everything. Previous owner didn't take advantage of the various group discounts to have it torn out, asphalt ripped out, and concrete pad poured. I've got the oldest "garage" out of 200 units. But, it's four walls, a roof, and keeps my car out of the weather.

And it's been collecting junk. Delivery gents won't actually carry the materials any farther than the garage. So I need to clear space to store all of that over the weekend.

OK, enough typing... time to get a round tuit and git r done.

Problem solved !🤣

122.jpg

Good morning, y'all. Sunny with rising temperatures...we are anticipating a steep rise in temperatures between now and tomorrow, followed by a corresponding steep drop, later tomorrow. There is a high wind warning up from 1300 tomorrow until 0100 Sunday morning.

Not for nothing, there is a correlation between our recent high fuel costs, and our unusually high temperatures...has happened before also...can't explain it, but I'll take it. Back in the late 80's, I bought a 4wd SUV to deal with all the snow we were having. Had it for 3 years, during which we had hardly any snow. Replaced it with a Lumina, and three days later, a blizzard...can't explain that either...

In a little while, we will be going shopping for the last gift, a Rx pickup for the MIL and our annual visit to the liquor store. Seems that Christian Brothers Brandy, a key ingredient in the wife's Fruit Cake, is in short supply...Wonder if Woodford Reserve is a good substitute? :rolleyes:;)

Jury Duty starts Monday, with a Zoom Conference...should be interesting...Philly Chapter PRRT&HS, is doing a Zoom Meeting Saturday, should be good practice.

Trenton Line derailment - RDG - 6-22-1966.jpg

Woopsie in Kensington...RDG Bridge train string lines on Trenton Ave Curve in Philadelphia in 1966. Phila Bulletin Photo courtesy Temple U.

Feeling much better today! Tomorrow, 'Nova plays South Dakota State, in the FCS Championship Finals...Sunday, 'Nova plays Baylor on ABC @ 3PM. Go Cats! And finally, GO ARMY - BEAT NAVY!

Good Friday All from the edge of the Great Basin! Still in a drought condition!
Thank you to all that commented/liked my last post!
carry turrets for ships, as well as the barrels to go in them.
Terry, interesting. How about other cars, boxcars, gons, tank cars, I would think the navy would have utilized them also. Seems like I've seen more pictures of army car/loads than navy. Humm, a small fleet of flats with gun turret & barrel loads would go well on my proposed new layout. ;)
something that had recently been in salt water.
Ha ha ha, Toot, good one! That would have been a good trick for that piece of pipe to remain in place while the deck was stripped off and the car transported to here.😁
Anyone else thinking about being at the show
Tom, I'm always thinking about going to one of those shows that is brought up in the forum every now & then. Unfortunately the 35 gal. fuel tank in the GMC is just not big enough to make the round trip? 😖😡

Willie, good looking industrial zone. The box cars at the bakery, that's a lot of loafs of bread!🥴

For today, I have a Southern Pacific car that is just a couple miles from the house.
IMG_20211205_134133636_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211205_134055888.jpg

BEHAVE YOURSELVES, STAY SAFE!

after 14 days away, took about 3 hrs to scan through everything like all the pics & ideas, thoughts etc.
one thing caught my attention re flooring, our home is floored with cork 14mm wide by about 5 ft long *planks* think they are like a snap fit, fully floating. many color options. it is comfortable to walk on , warmer than *wood*IMHO

CURT - You have made amazing progress on your layout.
I need some of your motivation - actually lots and lots of your motivation.

No water rationing around here, but it is coming down the road eventually unless steps are taken to increase supply. We received a big, whopping 9 one-hundredths of an inch from yesterdays "STORM"! :eek::(

Yes, my Audi plug-in hybrid has an "automatic manual" (automatic) transmission (yes it has a real transmission) and my hand often rides the shifter as well... Old habits die hard. I drove manuals up until I got this Audi.
overdrive in my tranny is considered 4th gear. I constantly bring the shifter back a notch to hit 3rd gear before the auto part would do the same thing. my hand is on the shifter about 30% of the time

CURT - You have made amazing progress on your layout.
I need some of your motivation - actually lots and lots of your motivation.

No water rationing around here, but it is coming down the road eventually unless steps are taken to increase supply. We received a big, whopping 9 one-hundredths of an inch from yesterdays "STORM"! :eek::(
about 2.2 mm's always amazes me that our garden variety gauges can tell that enough rain fell that would just maybe cover a pencil lead.!
always a tricky thing when considering the miniscus & other variables... anywho, not much moisture from a *storm*

Hi everyone,
Breezy and cold here today, around 31f. We got a scuffing of snow and some rain here in happy valley. Anywhere from 18-36" snow in the high country, Wolf Creek getting the 36" and still coming down. That's good we sure need it.
Hope to get chores done, and get into the train room laboratory and get a SLSF/ QA&P caboose project further along for a friend and customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back