Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay Attention Peeps! Today is "National Wife's Appreciation Day"!
Nat Wife App Day.png

Sherrel, I can’t remember what that “work” of art is called.I thought I took a picture of the plaque that told us what the artist had in mind. Turns out the other 12 pieces I took pictures of also I missed the plaques or the pictures didn’t post over to my IPadPro. I really thought I took them.

The exhibit out on what used to be Main Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin Avenue, was very sparse this year. Also not very intriguin. Except forCovid last year when it was cancelled, we have gone since it started. The best thing on Wisconsin Avenue is the bridge opening when a pontoon yes a pontoon boat wanted to pass under. Not a draw bridge
7526FF5B-4E99-4142-8A25-27C910D76F56.jpeg

46F9618F-6E80-4759-8AFE-46E4AB35F228.jpeg
1D6A544F-4AD7-4E53-894A-30A544C97AA0.jpeg
54C9CEF7-C372-4BDC-ACC5-A6FA903E13EE.jpeg
That is Terry walking away on the left

TomO

Just in case that anyone is bored?
This is incredible!!! The green dots on this Google Earth map represent radio stations all over the world. Click on any one of the dots and you will immediately hear that station with very good reception. For example, halfway up Ireland's east coast, there is a station playing Irish pub music.
Any of you who are multilingual will certainly enjoy this.

http://radio.garden/live/toulouse/radiopresence

Afternoon All,

Spent the day moving the sewing room from downstairs to upstairs. All the big stuff is moved and I will finish up tomorrow.

Mikey- Modeling is modeling no matter where it is.

Karl- Great looking cars.

Christian- Stay for awhile.

Willie- My favorite is Archie's place.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Mikey , I really like your work - those bird houses must be really tiny; I might could do one in O scale, but HO never!
The Water Tank would be just the place for 3-4 teen age figures sitting with legs dangling off the side drinking beer.
That's what we did - when we could get away with it!
Sherrel- The beer drinking teens is a good idea. I will have to see what I can find for figures.

Hey fellas.

I've been going CRAZY with decals! I'll rewind a little bit.

Yesterday while at club, I finally tracked down a stash of custom club decals I have been looking for since last year. Every other member above 2 year tenure had assured me they existed, but we didn't know where they were. (Club used to sell custom-lettered blue box cars to the public.)

So I had posted before that I was working on my club's custom locomotives? We have a Blue Box U30B which has sat in the basement for years without any lettering of any kind, since we couldn't find the stash,. Between finding the decals and an extremely surprisng bench test of the loco, he was fast-tracked to the front of the line for work. I give you, Hennepin Overland #3054!

242490614_10226428924887263_2943679056381133733_n.jpg

Thank goodnes I have Micro-Set, or I don't think I would have been able to do that billboard lettering. I did it the stupid way as one giant strip, where I should have cut it down into smaller pieces. Thanks to the micro-set, I got the decal to lay nicely over the door detail with minimal silvering to be seen. I painted the number boards white, copying later C&NW style.

Following this success I've gone nuts. I added ACI plates and lube plates to my big mech reefers as dictated by prototype photos, and now today I'm going through a whole box of freight cars doing the same. I even put extra effort into one of my 50' Hennepin Overland boxcars and added door safety stencils.

IMG_20210919_1551524332.jpg IMG_20210918_222124740.jpg

Hopefully I can actually get to some weathering now that I'm getting these other details on and sealed under a clearcoat. This has been my biggest hangup when it comes to weathering, I want to get all these goofy plates on first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back