Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
🤣 😝 🤣 🤣😂😅

Actually it was a gender reveal party that started the fire.........oh my......lmao just in case ya didn't know....it's where those crazies decide to have a party for the "bun in the oven" and have some charade to tell the couple as a whole or significant other what sex their baby is.....?
Well, that will teach me to verify - I see my post ignited a firestorm of it's own!
I did not read about it, but just heard that on a local LA tv station when I switched to it in order to see what the city news was - and I swear that they said trans gender. (or maybe I was not awake)

TOM HOLLY - That's just downright beautiful work as I expect nothing less from you.
It's about time you showed up here to help me defend "our" railroad!
I have to put up with so much from these guys - :eek::D

Morning gents!
Flo: cuppa joe and tell Mel to get the bacon started.

After seeing all the wildfires out in California, looks like wife and I picked a good time to move back to the midwest. Especially since our new basement is almost the size of the apartment we had in LA.

Woke up thinking about the layout. All of my grand ideas are slowly morphing into manageable projects. Here's the latest noodlings of noodles on the benchwork.

i-SVpk3nZ-L.jpg

The incline to the RIGHT (Seattle end) is a 2%, and that's about where it needs to be due to the breaker panel hiding in that far right corner.

The incline to the left (we'll call this the Berne end) is currently a 3%... but I believe (per early morning brain farts) it will become a 2% and slither into a figure 8 around the outer end. I wanted to divide the left end of the peninsula into two scenes. Why not use the incline to make the divider.

The back left corner *may* become a tunnel- but I'm not set on that yet.

The center - where the pink foam is - has the feelings of a gorge with some trestle bridges. I'm debating on lowering the benchwork there. BUT there are three track runs there. Not sure yet.

Doc says I need to get my flu and pneumonia shots today. 😱 So I'll swing by the Amish place and get a couple of donuts. You know, rewards for letting that nurse jab me. Courage boosters. ;)

Good morning all...winds are calm...welcome to another hump day! Thank You for all the "Likes", much appreciated! In the light of day, looks like I have some clean up to do. Well, it all most made it into the trailer.......
IMG_20200908_151933845.jpg

On the modeling side of things, I'm working on installing point rail jumper wires, I don't like relying on the stock rail/points contact for power, so I thought I'd go this route.......a jumper on the web of the rail.
IMG_20200907_015552437.jpg

Every body be safe...

Good morning. It's cloudy and 70.
Overnight, a massive wildfire has spread around and through the Medford, Oregon, area. The city is home to Micro-Trains and its factory. There has been no word yet if the city or factory still stands. Here is a pic taken last night of the town:
EhcZJBaU4AEH_sX.jpg

🤣 😝 🤣 🤣😂😅

Actually it was a gender reveal party that started the fire.........oh my......lmao just in case ya didn't know....it's where those crazies decide to have a party for the "bun in the oven" and have some charade to tell the couple as a whole or significant other what sex their baby is.....?

Actually I think its just an excuse for them to get drunk , take turns peeing on one another ,and try to burn everybody else out .

Morning all,

46* and light rain in Doo-Dah this morning. Supposed to get to 55* and rainy all day. I hope so.

Looking at the problematic email server this morning indicates I have time for coffee and a large stack of blueberry pancakes, bacon on the side. Thanks Flo.

No train time last night as I had to take the boy's dog to the vet. Apparently dogs can get pancreatitis just like humans. She's spending the night at the vets, but expected to make a recovery. We'll have to change her diet. She's a beagle\rat terrier mix and was a year or so old when we got her. We've had her about 11 years already as we had her before the grandson was born and he'll be 11 in February (Man that kid is getting old).

Goodland get any snow?

Not yet, but the temp is below freezing as of 5:15a CDT this morning. It wasn't expected until the overnight anyway. It is possible that they have some, but doesn't count as measurable unless it sticks.

Weren't you just complaining about 90 degree temps and humidity.🤔

Isn't in our nature to complain about what we can do nothing about? lol
But I wasn't complaining about the cooler temps as I prefer them. I was just making an observation. Having grown up in SW Michigan, I love the cooler temps, just not snow anymore. Anytime we get above 80*, I head for the AC, regardless of humidity.

Good Morning all.. 66 degrees in the Ozark Foothills. Flo Blue Berry Muffin and coffee.

Willie that figure in the Rocking chair kinda looks like you if he had a beard

Troy. Layout is looking better each day and I hope all goes well at the Doc. Today

Tom H. Those car are very nice thanks for posting

Karl. Looking forward to see what you do with this locomotive the B&O is one of my favorites

Patrick. Hope your boys dog is alright.

I had a little bench time las night painted a couple more Piggybacks and done a wheel swap on a old Revell White 3000 to see what it looks like. Thanks for the complement and Likes yesterday I’ll check in later have a great day.

4AC948CD-AD98-4951-941A-135206F71E0A.jpeg
E6CF1E85-9A89-432F-8400-7601183625AA.jpeg

As Terry had mentioned, fire near Medford Ore. & MicroTrains, a quick up date...looking at the local news, the fire is in/near their immediate area. Evacuations on going. Heavy brush on the ridge behind the fire in Terry picture......

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 69° in this part of the world. The cool front has sort of arrived, the wind is out of the north at a paltry 5 mph. Rain shower formed just north of here and is moving north, away from us. Temperature should go up to 75° before dropping all afternoon to a low of 60° overnight. Not much of a cool front! By Friday, we'll be back into the 80's. Right now it is raining over a wide area about 50 miles west, extending all the way across Oklahoma into Patrick's backyard.
Special day today in the SFW home. It's our 48th wedding anniversary! And I remember that my father told me it wouldn't last! Needless to say, we will not be going out dancing tonight for a variety of reasons, mainly surgery recovery.

Good morning there Flo. Make it a pair of over easy eggs with a big stack of sausage patties and a toasted English Muffin for me this morning. Save me a cinnamon roll if Troy makes it back here with any.

Thanks for all of the reactions and comments regarding yesterday's post; Garry, Guy, Tom O, Phil, Jerome, Lee, Patrick, Justin, Karl, Sherrel, Tom, Hughie.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I took a couple of pictures of my nearly completed (as far as I intend to go for now) project area.
First a shot of the two industries on the south side of the piggyback yard.
09-09-20 001.001.JPG

A close up of Ginette's Organic Foods distribution center
09-09-20 002.001.JPG

Next to it is Stephen's Grocery Distributor.
09-09-20 003.001.JPG

Both of these are Walther's kits, renamed from their original names.
Here's a shot of the large tenement apartment that I need to add interiors to.
09-09-20 004.001.JPG

And an overall shot from a different aisle that shows the undeveloped area under the pencil. Suggestions welcome.
09-09-20 005.JPG

By the way, that apartment building is a kitbashed kit from Model Tech Studios. I am not sure if they still manufacture it.

Lee - Nice work on the truck.
Tom O - Good news regarding the recovery and gradual resumption of normal life. 300 trees! I don't envy you, I hate making trees.
Garry - Thanks for the information.
Dave (railBuilder Dhd) - Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Looks like you already know your way around.
Tom H - Thanks for coming back. Excellent modeling on the covered hoppers. We need you to stop in more often to keep Sherrel in line.
Karl - I am looking forward to seeing your progress on that GP40.
Troy - Nice progress. Looks like you can fit a siding or two in the loop on the left for industries to switch. You will be much happier with the grade reduction. Best wishes on the doctor visit.
Jerry - You seem to have gotten some of Sherrel's weather, wind storm and nearby wild fire.
Sherrel - I guess that the wealth tax is going to hit you pretty hard! ;) Let's see, green energy, rolling blackouts, earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, wealth tax, highest state income tax in US, (Note: None here in Texas), Gavin Newsom, excessive heat waves. Sure makes me want to move out there! Yea to that! :eek:

Sobering trivia. Here is a picture of my pool, a 24' diameter x 52" tall above ground monstrosity.
09-09-20 008.JPG

This thing holds 14,000 gallons of water. That's 112000 pounds or 56 tons. 56 tons! That's in an area about the size of my living room!

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning, Everyone!
I've been watching the fires ripping across the USA on the news: can't even imagine the grief they are causing. Seems like every year, California is suffering from massive fires. Sometimes I wonder if they have anything left to burn. Now, this horrific fire going on in Oregon; wow!
I was thinking we could have a torch and pitchfork party for the gender reveal people; but, the torch part would likely be frowned upon. Just plain old pitchfork parties arn't much fun.

It looks like a beautiful day in my area: 48F right now and on it's way up to the 70's. Looks like the clouds are following the geese south, and we'll have blue sky. Perfect for my prototype fencing project.

Wonderful modeling project photos posted the past couple of days, Troy, Willie, Lee, Jerry, Curt, Karl, Tom Holly and TomO. I really do like seeing project photos brought in. I also very much like all the prototype photos people are posting. Well done, Everyone!

Myself, I'll continue posting prototypes that I photographed on my very long walk this past Labour Day Monday.
I take prototype photos from all angles and all sides if I can. I want to be able to read the small print on the walls. Only a small portion of the photos are shown; many are simply detail shots, and quite boring to look at unless one wants to see that exact part.
Here is three sides of a common Trackmobile, that allow a look at all sides of the machine:
Mobile1_09-07-2020.jpg

Mobile2_09-07-2020.jpg

Mobile3_09-07-2020.jpg

I take alot of photographs; not saying I'm a good photographer. I just like photographing things and cataloging the pictures for future purposes. In the future, people might like that I took the time to take these type of photographs.

Have a good one! Guy

PS - Question! Is there a right and left on a railcar? What side is what in relation to the brake wheel? Ships have starboard and port, cars have right and left; so, what about railcars?

Guy
Good question. Where locos have a front and a rear, and typically the engineer is on the right side. Railcars have an A end and a B end. And since there is no dedicated direction of travel, no front or rear.
550px-NTSB_HZM0101_Fig_3_tank_car.png

That trackmobile, I'm not sure what the front is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back