Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
One from Thursday the 5th. BNSF SD70MAC #9512 doing rear guard duties, pushing up Bozeman pass.. Good to see that an Executive can get out once in a while and do some work.
1578386827589.png

Do they pay double time for double stacks?

Good morning. It's clouding up and 35.

My wife's Medicare part D is Humana, and it seems to have some kind of weird sliding scale for medicine copays. From my own experience with vancomycine, I know it's horribly expensive, on the order of $1k per dose, depending.

Good morning everyone. 31 and clear. Should hit 50 today. Calling for a wet weekend with some snow Saturday. we'll see. Got the fireplace ready and a good stack of wood nearby just in case.

Been really busy here at work yesterday and today. Everybody's calling meetings to get everyone back on track after the long holiday break. Got to run to a doctor's appointment in a few minutes for a followup checkup on my blood sugar.

Willie, BurlingtonBob, Jim, Chessie, Patrick, Tom, Flip, Wheeler, Sherrel, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my post from yesterday.

Toot - Are they getting any handle on those wildfires in Australia? Reports over here are something like 17 million acres burned, a number of people dead, lots of homes and other buildings destroyed, millions of wildlife critters dead. That is devastating!

Latest project progress - updating some of the buildings in the town of Pine Valley. I put lights in this structure and added a sign for one of the businesses:
ShoesAndHandbags1.jpg
ShoesAndHandbags3.jpg

I will probably do some more work on this structure - I have some ideas for names for the adjacent stores.

That's it for today. Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 36° with perfectly clear skies. Headed out this morning for a visit to the dermatologist. Follow up to the skin removal of a few months ago and for a scalp treatment. Another picture perfect day in store for us today, mid-60's, sunny and wind-free. Another one tomorrow. Thursday and Friday it warms up into the lower 70's but brings a chance of rain.

Scrambled eggs and bacon today Flo. A couple of Mel's homemade biscuits on the side.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the tankers yesterday; Bob, Chet, Garry, Sherrel, Joe, Chad, Greg, Phil, Johnny, Jerome, Karl, Tom, Rick, Patrick, Justin, Bill, Jim, Curt.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I got a chance to start the scenery on the Majestic Hardware store base. Added some ground foam and ballast for parking lot gravel. I only got part of the way through before scraping some off with my knuckle so I repaired it and set it aside to dry before proceeding. In the meantime, I worked on my side project of dull coating containers. The number stands at 62 so far, that's almost half of them. Weathering is next. I also started on my quarterly layout cleaning project where I dust and vacuum all of the track and structures etc. At the beginning of each quarter I do 1/8th of the layout for a two year cycle. Yesterday was spent with the Optivisors scanning all of the trackage for displaced parts that have fallen off freight cars. Only found a single Kadee coupler spring, no grabirons, brake wheels, air cylinders or other underbody equipment. Next will be vacuuming all trackage, after that removing structures one by one for dusting, reattachment of loose parts discovered while dusting, possible touch up paint or adding additional details.
From the archives, My largest industry. The ADM grain elevator in the town of Gainesville. Picture is from 2012 before I added the upper level to the layout.
04-08-12 004.JPG

Here''s a close up of Mark and John discussing their weekend plans.
04-08-12 003.JPG

Bob - Warmer than average winter here as well. Had a couple of days back in October where it got into the teens, but for the most part it has stayed at or above freezing. Only had to dig out the socks for those two days so far.
Joe -
Like the Corn Syrup cars
Nice ID'ing. They're a bit new for my era (two years actually), but I am the only one who knows until now. They are identical to ones from the 80's except for the ADM logo. Modeler's license!
Greg - The snow was removed from the forecast overnight. With the current (and forecast) weather, it wouldn't have lasted more than an hour or so anyway.
Curt - Only one of 26, pretty good. Hope that the rest go as well.

Everyone have a great day and an awesome week.

Terry, I know that if I was in your shoes, I would be knocking (beating if necessary} on somebody's door and demanding answers to all of my questions. If my BS meter started to go off, I would get a little more forceful. If that didn't work, then I would start talking "Boilermaker" to them. That usually lets them know that things are getting serious. I hope that you get satisfactory answers to your questions an don't give up until you understand exactly what is going on. Good luck, it sounds like you may need it.

We ‘re dealing with an ongoing problem with a medical supply company over my wife’s cpap machine. She bought it from them five years ago after her stroke, and they continue to charge $32 a month for “service”, even though they have performed exactly zero service on it. I think I’m going to cancel her debit card, so they can’t charge her any more for it. We’ve been fighting for years over it, I’ve even complained to our state’s insurance commissioner, with no results. We ‘ve changed her debit card before, only to have the charges resume when she has to order proprietary supplies from them.
Currently they charged her card $42 for a replacement mask, but the refused to ship it to her because she owed a $21 previous balance. If I had more time to devote to it, I think I’d go after them for fraud. Collecting money for something and not providing it is fraud.
That company’s name is Apria.

We ‘re dealing with an ongoing problem with a medical supply company over my wife’s cpap machine. She bought it from them five years ago after her stroke, and they continue to charge $32 a month for “service”, even though they have performed exactly zero service on it. I think I’m going to cancel her debit card, so they can’t charge her any more for it. We’ve been fighting for years over it, I’ve even complained to our state’s insurance commissioner, with no results. We ‘ve changed her debit card before, only to have the charges resume when she has to order proprietary supplies from them.
Currently they charged her card $42 for a replacement mask, but the refused to ship it to her because she owed a $21 previous balance. If I had more time to devote to it, I think I’d go after them for fraud. Collecting money for something and not providing it is fraud.
That company’s name is Apria.

COmplain to the bank -- tell them the debits are fraudulent.

I paid on my new C-pap for 18 months. After that, it was 100% mine. I could, and can, get my supplies from any place I want. Also, there were no service fees involved. I did switch suppliers five times before finding an outfit that gives dependable service.

I went to a local outfit that a co-worker said treated them good to see about getting a new one a couple of years ago. All I got was a run around from them and I dropped them like a bad habit. Went to the other local outfit and I have been very happy with their service. Maybe the rules are different in your state, but they would be the owner of one of those doors I would be knocking on.

Willie- You're right. When I talk "Boilermaker", even E. F. Hutton listens!

Good morning all. Well the day started out cold and sunny but warming. It has been busy here and I'm trying to catch up with all the posts over the last several days.
I have not heard back from Broadway Limited on how to MU their SD40-2 long hood to long hood. Going to try again.
My little buddy is back to normal and ready to run some trains. He had some kind of intestinal virus??.
The wife's car had a bevy of warning lights come on and stay on, so now it's in the shop and we are awaiting the bad news. I guess we really can't complain, it's 13 years old and this is it's first shop visit.
Not a lot of train time lately. I did get started on the tug boat I received for Christmas. Will be the "Lady Em" for my great granddaughter.
Terry - Hope all turns out well, a little prayer said.
Willie - Happy B-Day, best wishes. (wish I was 68 again:()

LATER

Slow going today - even though it's a very nice 71 degrees with mostly clear skies.
Willie - Nice details you have going there. Happy Birthday wishes from Kate and I.

Alan: Wow - What a nice passenger train! The RPO really is a jewel and shows nicely.
OK .. The new loco is an Alco - which one? If it's not an FA, PA, or an RS - I do not know them.
Whatever model it is - It is pretty!

TERRY - I pray that things are progressing in a positive direction for Marie.
You have had more than your share lately.

On the homestead here, I have been web-shopping on a used-smaller P/U.
I am told that Toyota is the best (also seems most pricey)
Do I hear any suggestions as to which you prefer for maintenance free. (if such an animal)
Ford
Chevy
Nissan
My vote would be for the Toyota Tacoma. Yes you might pay a little more, but you lose less in the long run. Just look at Cars.com and see how much a Tacoma with 250,000 miles is going for. I have a 7 year old Tacoma and aside from tires and a battery nothing else has needed to be done. Our 13 yo 4 Runner seeing it's first visit to a shop as we speak.

Good morning. A mile day today starting at 37 degrees with an expected high in the mic 40's.

Justin - Like your photos. C&O geeps are cool.

Curt - Hope you're able to reuse all of those turnouts. Flex should be able to be salvaged also.

Jim - Nice photos. Like the turntable photo.

Terry - It sounds like Murphy has returned to your area. Hope you can get things worked out for the wife. I have a friend who uses a Cpap and he like Bob paid it off in just over a year.

Ray - Like the MRL photos as usual. The first one in Bozeman was taken right next to a local lumber yard. The old NP depot can be seen in the distance just to the left of the tank cars. Unfortunately it has been abandoned for years. The building is still in good shape although it could use a bit of a rehab. I doubt that it could be used for any commercial purpose like other old depots across the state due to its location.

2016-03-21[1].jpg

Nice shot of the Helena trains. See these stack trains all of the time.

Johnny - Nice job on the Walthers Merchant row buildings. Well done.

Willie - Sure like that grain elevator. There would not have been anything like that around in the time period or location that I could have justified putting one in,. I had thought of it though.

May take another trip down to the train room after lunch.

Later

Afternoon All,

Had 2 contractors come by today. The construction dumpster for the roof will be delivered tomorrow morning. I recovered all the rest of the turnouts minus 1 more. I have removed 1-3 way (Shinohara) , 12-RH, and 19-LH turnouts. The RH/LH are all #5 Peco's. I have also saved 14 Atlas Rerailers and so far about 40% of the Atlas flex track.

Terry- Good news about Marie, but the cash thing is sure strange.

Jim- Nice 1:1 photos.

Johnny- Very nice scene.

Mikey- I'm glad your layout displays went well.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Toot- Nice 1:1 photo.

Chet- Neat picture, too bad about the graffiti.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Afternoon Everyone...Overcast here in Wisconsin.

Finally I purchased a decent wire strippers that will strip thin wire for decoders and motor electrical repairs. It's a Xeron with a adjustable wheel to set the wire stripping gauge and maintain that setting. It sure beats my older ones that were simple strippers, never held their settings and did a terrible job on stripping thin wire.

Yesterday, I worked on a BB SOO Line caboose that I'm installing a rear end strobe above the caboose's back door, LED interior lighting and performing my New Year's resolutions on the kit. I'll only doing a light weathering job which includes some fading using Pant Pastels and dirt and rust on the walkway and the typical dirt streaking along the bottom of the car. The interior lighting has a 2 minute stay alive capacitor.

I used Kadee caboose power pickup trucks with scale wheels for the first time. I'll see how the scale wheel run through turnouts. Since this is a caboose, I just may use Accumate couplers since they are already rust in color and they will not see much of stress being on a caboose.

Time to gather up my switch machines for the E Bay listing that I'll drop off tomorrow afternoon.

Down to the layout for awhile.

Greg

#####################

Good evening. It's windy and 47.
I found out what the cash thing was.
Copay for the antibiotic.
The hospital says no local pharmacies have any in stock, and have to order from the hospital. They said it's important the treatment continues uninterrupted, so they acted as drug store.
Heading off in a few minutes to pick up the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back