Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way - a while back some of you were worried/disappointed/annoyed because my train room was so neat and tidy. Does this latest photo relieve you of your fears? :)

Here's the photo - I'm not tech-stupid, but this system gives me fits sometimes.
So, untidy is the name of the game now that we're into the perimeter scenery and laying the first pieces of roadbed. The back wall isn't really as dark as it appears in the photo, but I think I will have to add maybe some track lighting, back there.
Johnny

Train Layout Jan 2017 025.jpg

Eric - nope, I'm in Springfield, MO. Were you expecting the package?
Johnny

Not waiting on anything that I know of.
Just wondering who that is in Roachdale, IN is all. I don't know anyone there - at least I don't think so.

E

Good morning, 23° and sunny at the Jersey Shore. Was 0° at 0420, and it's going to 40° later in the day. Quite a warm-up, but typical of a Jersey winter.

Eric: Good to hear the radiation went well. Keep your spirits up.

Johnny: That's more like it. BTW, Happy Birthday

Louis: Take care, buddy. Hope you're feeling better.

This thread moves so fast, It's hard to keep up..

Good morning. Starting off at 27 degrees with a winter weather advisory in effect. The last two warning were wrong. Got nothing out of them.

Eric - Glad that you made it through the Radiation in good shape. Like other mentioned, it isn't too bad at all. 34 more radiation treatment huh? You;ll be glowing in the dark. Grin.gif Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one. Really happy for you.

Louis - You sure sound chipper this morning. Gotta be feeling better.

Justin - Forgot to mention that the trees in your photo make quite a difference.

Terry - That truck really sounds like a pain in the butt.

Johnny -
That's not a mess, it's normal.

Catch you later

Here's the photo - I'm not tech-stupid, but this system gives me fits sometimes.
So, untidy is the name of the game now that we're into the perimeter scenery and laying the first pieces of roadbed. The back wall isn't really as dark as it appears in the photo, but I think I will have to add maybe some track lighting, back there.
Johnny

View attachment 60108

Oh the days of fresh benchwork, a pile of flex track and switches and a track plan rolling around the ol noodle....good times!

Terry, please tell me the riv was insured somebody took it off the porch. I tracked em about two blocks before the trail got oblitherated by the plow!

Well at least I got to see it run on video, maybe it will turn up at a pawn shop. I'm kinda glad I lost the trail, my pockets were full if you know what I mean!

I believe that is the building i purchased from Greg Asher, he took care of postage and sent it to you. Glad to hear the treatments arent as bad as you anticipated.

Terry, please tell me the riv was insured somebody took it off the porch. I tracked em about two blocks before the trail got oblitherated by the plow!

What?
It was insured for the UPS standard $100...
I'll have to ask my UPS guy how to file a claim on it, so you'll get that.
I just checked, and According to UPS, it hasn't been delivered yet. Possibly it was something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it says delivered but no scan time listed. OMG I hope he was just looking and if it shows up I'll have to call the cops back and slink away in embarrassment.

Louis - glad you recovered, there seems to be more of that s**t going around this winter than in the past couple years. Great little video, Mel Blanc is my all-time favorite cartoon voice!

Thank you Ken, my youngest grandson just got over a mild case of phenomena. The little guy is as tough as nails. Everybody has been sick. I almost never get viruses, but only sleeping 45 minutes at a clip caught up to me.

Mel Blanc is my favorite too! I can't imagine my childhood without him. Did you know a lot of his lines were adlibbed? The best voice and a creative mind!

Louis - Glad that you are feeling better from the virus. How's the arm/shoulder doing?

Thank you Willie, my shoulder/arm is doing nicely, I can sleep through the night now! Saturday will be 4 weeks and I'd say it's on track. I expected 6-8 weeks, probably 8 due to my age, before I know how it's going to be in the end. It's not my throwing arm so it should be good enough.

Louis: Take care, buddy. Hope you're feeling better.

This thread moves so fast, It's hard to keep up..

Hey Boris, thank you! I am feeling much better! How is Natasha?

Don't feel bad about not being able to keep up, I can't either!

Louis - You sure sound chipper this morning. Gotta be feeling better.

Thank you Chet, I am doing much better. I try to be chipper everyday, life is too good to be grumpy even when stuff happens. Any day I open my eyes is a good day, thank God for them all, good days, bad days & everyday!

Speaking of not keeping up;

Happy Birthday Johnny!

happy_birthday_train_greeting_card-r2e3a8110330f4aff8fffdc19f8538315_xvuat_8byvr_512.jpg

I see it says delivered but no scan time listed. OMG I hope he was just looking and if it shows up I'll have to call the cops back and slink away in embarrassment.

If it doesn't show up, you'll need the police report, and you'll need tomcall ups, and tell them what happened. I don't know if you can file the claim, or if I'll have to.
It still shows "on vehicle for delivery today". Were you expecting anything else from anybody else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some snow last night and then rain and its now 42 degrees outside and the drives and sidewalks are a mess with icy spots covered with water. High winds later!

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting back down to the layout room.

Will play on the computer today and maybe try a track plan program to see how it works.

Greg

Standing on the porch talking to two very nice officers and guess who pulls up in front of the house? I shall now slink away in embarrassment and RUN THIS SUCKER! WOO HOO!

Turns out there WAS somebody up on porches all down the block but he was just casing me I suppose, others were not so lucky and the police said some mail and packages WERE taken.

Unboxing in 3...2...

I knew E would beat this the moment I heard about it. Just a bump in the road.

Glad to see that was only a false alarm! That's one of the things I don't like about buying stuff online and having it shipped...

Standing on the porch talking to two very nice officers and guess who pulls up in front of the house? I shall now slink away in embarrassment and RUN THIS SUCKER! WOO HOO!

Turns out there WAS somebody up on porches all down the block but he was just casing me I suppose, others were not so lucky and the police said some mail and packages WERE taken.

Unboxing in 3...2...

YOU- Are one lucky S.O.B. If that had been mine - it would have been long gone.

Unboxing in 3...2...

...Kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back