Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Latin slang no less! Where did you come up with that? Off a wall in Pompeii?

I picked up the phrase from a good friend and mentor in the Hobby. You can find more information on it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum

Of course now I have the final section of Brahms' Academic Festival Overture running non-stop through my head (not bad at all, I love that old tune.... LOL)

"Gaudeamus igitur
Iuvenes dum sumus.
Post iucundam iuventutem
Post molestam senectutem
Nos habebit humus."

Eric, Do get to talk with someone about Medicaid! Here in NY it is handled by folks (Illegitimi!!!) at the county level. I know as my mom was covered under that during the month of her life in the nursing home. She had nothing left! Do know you continue in my prayers!

It's a rainy morning at the Jersey Shore. Happy Friday, Y'all.

Eric: Seconding what Chet and Ray said about Medicaid. Believe you meet the criteria. Beginning treatment is important to the success of your battle. Medicaid is administered at the County level.

Chet: That UP Steam video was cool.

Louis: That's Earl, Brother! Losing to Minnesota.......not good....

I keep hearing I "should" be qualified for Medicaid but every where I check, they say I do not qualify.
Joe: I think in GA Medicaid is a state thing. But who knows at this point. But if you are correct I should be able to call local county health dept. and find out in short order. Wouldn't you think?

In the mean time, the phone calls continue and it's horribly frustrating to get no where.
I'm going to try to financial counselor at Emory again.
If I don't get anywhere with that, I'll even try for Obamacare. I absolutely want nothing to do with that piece of scat at all!!
E.

Last edited by a moderator:
ERIC Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's a battle, and the financial headaches on top are the last thing you need.
Maybe ... rather than a "cold and impersonal" telephone call ... you need to have a face to face conversation with some of these people to get the facts?

Sorry, There I go again offering advise! I will refrain myself from now on.

ERIC Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's a battle, and the financial headaches on top are the last thing you need.
Maybe ... rather than a "cold and impersonal" telephone call ... you need to have a face to face conversation with some of these people to get the facts?

Sorry, There I go again offering advise! I will refrain myself from now on.

Actually Capt. Weems, it's worse than that. Most places don't/won't give you a number to call to actually speak to a human. They all want you to go through some web site. Even the lady from the Clark Howard consumer advice line said the same thing.

I did however receive a nice 17 page letter (pdf) from o-bass-turd's health care site denying me coverage. 2 pages of which were written in probably a dozen different languages.

I'm about give up chasing this sh...t for the day.
Time for a nap.
E.

Geez Eric, I'm totally bewildered that every single one of these different organizations/programs finds some reason to deny you coverage!:confused: I would think that your condition qualifies as a medical emergency, i.e. "put out the fire" now and worry about who-pays-what later. This might be the time to get your Congressman to find the answers, they may be more willing to meet him/her face-to-face!

Good afternoon ...

Eric .... I know people who have been cured of skin cancer, and I will pray yours is also curable.... Of course, you need medical attention. I hear many "war stories" about health care in recent years, and how it has become less accessible and more costly. Don't give up, however, even if it requires jumping through hoops.

Again.... Thanks everybody for commenting about my recent scenery project. In the photo below you can see my rock strata I have made previously from broken plaster. It looks much better than the foam insulation I am now using, but it is much more time consuming than the quick and easy method I am using now.

GNPlainsman2_zps80be7b39.jpg

Geez Eric, I'm totally bewildered that every single one of these different organizations/programs finds some reason to deny you coverage!:confused: I would think that your condition qualifies as a medical emergency, i.e. "put out the fire" now and worry about who-pays-what later. This might be the time to get your Congressman to find the answers, they may be more willing to meet him/her face-to-face!

Actually Ken, that exact thought crossed my mind earlier this morning.
I may do that.
E.

So, why does a snowplow blade need a hatch?
5086d1a318ba8553961b0f80d1b3dff6.jpg

0359a93c119a7221539a431b1d071f0f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Afternoon All,

Went outside this morning and it was so hot you couldn't catch your breath. Cleaned house with MOH today and I finished my sons wire extension job. It looks like a storm is getting ready to roll through the area.

David- Nice picture.

Louis- Nice looking cars and great video. Too bad the cars on the road would not get out of the way!:D

Chet- Great shot. I really enjoy rail shots.

Eric- I think of you a lot and like someone else said, we are here for you. Keep fighting buddy.

Garry- Top notch scene.

This is my son's sense of humor

20160729_140735_zpsiimwu7vq.jpg

Gotta go, I hear thunder and the wind is picking up. I hope everyone has a good night.

Eric: While battling with idiots trying to resolve the minefield of issues my MIL caused, the first thing I learned was that one will not accomplish much on a Friday, especially in the summer.

From Google: "Medicaid in the United States is a social health care program for families and individuals with low income and limited resources. The Health Insurance Association of America describes Medicaid as a "government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care.". Based on what you have shared about yourself, you certainly come under the criteria. What I do know about medicaid, is that you must pretty much have less than $2K in cash and savings, and no assets such as a house or car. You may also qualify for other aid programs in addition to medicare. This is not the same as O'bamma care, which has a limited enrollment period each year, for the next year. Perhaps you may need to go through some sort of community health outreach program, or some other social agency. I'm not sure, beyond the fact that you have to formally apply for benefits, and wait for approval from the government agency. The help is out there, your task is to unravel the process of obtaining it.

Ken: check PM. Come visit.
My current predicament shouldn't preclude some fellow model railroader company!
E.

Curt: What a crunchy box car :cool:

We have had over 2" of rain in the last 24. The temperature is 10° cooler than yesterday, and for the first time in a while, there is no stressful deadline expiring at the close of business. Figures that the weekend forecast calls for more rain off and on through Monday morning.

Garry: I do like your scenery work. FWIW, while the plaster may look better, the foam can look almost as good. Either way, it all blends well on your layout.
Beady: The hatches most likely provide access to the angle cock and brake pipe and or main reservoir pipe, for handling the plow in a train.
Louis: That's quite a video. The ATSF steamer is impressive. I like the tone of the warning whistle on the UP 4-8-4, a little better, but both are cool videos. Oil fired steamers, not only look cleaner, but sound different than coal fired steamers, I'm familiar with.

Damn, it's almost August. I need to get up to Steamtown, before the summer ends, as well as to take the wife down to Longwood, to see Mr. DuPont's flowers and gardens.

Eric: While battling with idiots trying to resolve the minefield of issues my MIL caused, the first thing I learned was that one will not accomplish much on a Friday, especially in the summer.

Ditto on the friday afternoon. You might not want to call the government on Monday morning either, or late in the day. Best off calling around 10:30 AM, they should be well off their morning break and done screwing around with facebook.

Good luck, Dave LASM

Yeah, roger that Dave(LASM) and Joe.
No one seems to give a s...t. What am I thinking anyway? It ain't like I have cancer and need treatment started asap or anything.
Oh!!! Wait! I DO!!

Yes, I'm being intensely sarcastic. ;)

The weather keeps teasing here with some possible storm clouds.
Sure would be nice to have a major weather event. We haven't had one all year.

Time to stop and get some gas so the grand son can mow the yard tomorrow.

Curt - Looks like a mini Godzilla got loose.

Eric - Lets hope you can get things moving on Monday.

This weekend we'll be taping and slinging mud on the dry wall.

One last photo before I go and have an internetLESS weekend.

This is the ship for the Virginia & Truckee RR in Virginia City, NV.

Picture 104.jpg

Have a good weekend. Stay cool !

Back