Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIV

A doctor from the Hanger Prosthetic clinic came today and applied a shrinker to my stump. After it gets shrunk down a certain amount they'll design a prosthesis to fit it and get me back on my feet again.

Do you know what you call a 4 door Yugo?

Wego.

:)

What I'd they make them in Mexico?

Amigo

i recall when a Yugo was blown off the Mackinaw bridge in Michigan killing the driver as the car plunged a couple hundred feet into the lake. Lesson learned . Don't drive a Yugo on a high bridge on windy days.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been busy this week.

we leave in the morning for Ohio and Michigan to see grand kids again. A grandson will have his fifth birthday.

has anyone seen CJ Crescent (Carey) lately?

jeff... Glad your are progressing. Blessings to you.

What's wrong with Yugo?

Oh how soon we forget!! Stark little car,, manual windows, manual brakes, stick shift but oddly enough with a rear window defogger grid in the glass. The story was it was put there to keep your hands warm while you pushed. My Brother in law had one when they lived in Bay City Mich. got T-Boned by (of all things) a Chevette! The Yugo flipped over on its back and died!! The Chevette drove off after stopping to access the damage to both cars.

Wazzup Gang??

Jeffrey, glad to hear you are making progress, sounds like the Doc wants you dancing soon! Great! ;)

Terry, Glad to hear the wife is getting stimulation and plenty of PT. One thing I was curious about was if she needed any speech therapy. For the 1st few weeks I sounded like I was drunk when I talked due to the side of my head being affected. Now I only sound like that after a few brews! :rolleyes:

Garry,,,have a good safe trip, I wonder about Carey too,,,havn't seen him in a good while.

The last 3 nights I have been putting stuff on eBay,,,,now I'm gonna sit back and watch, some stuff has already disappeared! :cool: Here if you are curious.

BTW, thanks for your bid Lou,,,good luck!

Finally, I heard a little speech today, given by a well meaning young lady who entered a restaurant and recited a very impassioned story about what turns out to be her pet chicken. Honestly, where did we go wrong with these kids??
http://freebeacon.com/culture/vegan...taurant-goers-in-effort-to-disruptspeciesism/

If you dont want to eat chicken, go eat some sprouts,,,,I don't care for them anyway!:rolleyes:

Bazinga!

My Brother in law had one when they lived in Bay City Mich. got T-Boned by (of all things) a Chevette! The Yugo flipped over on its back and died!! The Chevette drove off after stopping to access the damage to both cars.

The Chevette.......the car you couldn't destroy. I finally traded it in on a '85 Chrysler "K" car. I soon wanted the Chevette back.. Oh, yes, the K Car....cured me of ever buying Chrysler products again.

I spent some time wiring the new MRC Prodigy Advanced² DCC controller tonight - it works :). I also wired in my Auto reverse for the reverse loop - it works :). I do need to relocate the insulated joiners on one leg of the reverse loop, as they are too close to the switch - which has a directionally powered frog. This MRC system will work with JMRI. I have the USB interface already, all I need is to download the software.

Have a good night.

Joe

There are people here who look to me for their inspiration. If I can accomplish what I need to get done without feet, what's stopping them?

COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Fri 10/17/14.

Partly cloudy with a high of 69. Nothing planned for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everybody!

57 and clear skies in Baltimore

I miss my O's already.

We are a lock for next year!!!

Hi fellas.
First post to the coffee shop.
I don't know the temperature and not sure I care.
I spend all day in my work shop and it is climate controlled. ;)

I would like to thank kjchronister for giving me dpdt switches for my switch machines.
This is very nice of him to offer.

Jeff - I wish you well in your rehab.
Well off to do some train stuff.
Have an outstanding day.

Good Morning, Happy Friday!:)

57° and sunny, this morning. We have a few errands to run, aquarium supplies, cat liter, dullcote, window blinds; then it's off to the Manesquan Reservoir, for our walk. I am taking my camera, as I am looking for fall color background photos, that might be usable on my backdrop.

Lou, you're starting to sound like you're from Brooklyn hon.................

Last night, the Devils lost a stinker to the Caps, while the Jets tried to save Rex job by almost beating New England. Ain't sports fun? I didn't get as much layout wiring done, because, I got into watching Hockey on TV, don't have that kind of interest in other sports. I guess I need a TV for the train room.

Go to my doctor on Monday, regular check-up and flu shot. He should be happy, as I lost an additional 10 lbs, since the last visit. Lower salt intake + more activity.

Stay safe!

Joe

The Chevette.......the car you couldn't destroy. I finally traded it in on a '85 Chrysler "K" car. I soon wanted the Chevette back.. Oh, yes, the K Car....cured me of ever buying Chrysler products again.

Joe, I worked at a Dodge dealership in 82-83. The Omni, Charger, Daytona & Aries K turned me off of Chryslers FOR LIFE! You could GIVE me a Chrysler, and I'd sell and buy something else. It used to kill me when 1 side of a new car would have all the Dodge trim and emblems, and the other side would be badged and trimmed as a Chrysler. Not to mention the abysmal service history of those cars! I had better service out of my 2 Chevy Vegas!

Back