Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex,

Schrader's Railroad Catalog (Schrader Enterprises) sells lanterns and gets $154.95 for them. The last ones I remember pricing at a train show were about $75. I think the SRR are fairly common.

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Still working on Lights in the trainroom. Have to make up about 50 more spotlites, mainly for the yards. I added some more interior lights to buildings in the dock area.
Didn't have my puter all day. had some upgrades added & some problems removed. No viruses or Malware.
Had a mess of visitors today & some visitors that are going back north & won't be back till Nov. from New York. They said to add some new stuff. That I will.
Started out at 42* this morning & got up to 88* by 2pm. Had all the fans on in the trainroom.(4).
Traded the Roco Tee train & the Roco steamer to a guy here on the forum for some more newer engines. He's getting a fantastic deal on the Tee train. Those things are bringing big bucks all over the FS web shops.
Fog started rolling in heavy about 6pm tonite.
talk tomorrow, take care gang.:D:)

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

:cool:

dinnertrain.png

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

well suprise suprise , it snowed :confused: it started out at 20* but now its gonna go up to 52* by noon :confused: well im waiting on my EZBACHMANN DCC CONTROLLER :D to go with my bachmann s-4

Good morning. It's 63° and cloudy. The high will be 75° and it will be partly cloudy.

Nothing going on today other than cleaning up the layout a bit. Right now a train could make most of the trip around but would be stopped at the 180° curve on the east side due to stuff being on the track. I've gotten a couple of nibbles on my GP30's but nobody's run away with them yet.

P1010473.jpg

Rex,

Schrader's Railroad Catalog (Schrader Enterprises) sells lanterns and gets $154.95 for them. The last ones I remember pricing at a train show were about $75. I think the SRR are fairly common.

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Thank you Glenn! I think my offer will be $180 for the set and only if they are in relatively good condition. I hope to see them this afternoon. BTW: I did a search and found them to be Adam-WestLake, Version 2, man'f. 1935-1945.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I started one of those little 'can it be done' projects just to see if I could do it. I removed the body from my old Rivarossi U25C and cleared everything out of it to see if I could mount it on a 70's era Athearn SD45 frame. It took a little filing here and there on the frame and some rather radical surgery within the body shell but I got them to fit together reasonably well. I think it looks rather good with the EMD trucks.

P1010475.jpg

Cool yes. Practical no. What is the point of building it? No loco like that was ever made. Thje rivet counters are going to boil you in oil!

The point was to have fun. Whether I use it or not is immaterial. The fact that a real loco like that was never made doesn't bother me in the slightest. There's a slim possibility that someone's done this before but until I know different mine's one of a kind.

The point was to have fun. Whether I use it or not is immaterial. The fact that a real loco like that was never made doesn't bother me in the slightest. There's a slim possibility that someone's done this before but until I know different mine's one of a kind.

All the one's I sold last summer & last fall & this winter were not ever made either. But, people seemed to like the one's I had because they were one of a kind. A person w/a good immagination can build anything & someone else will always want it. Just look on Ebay & see what sells for big bucks that's one of a kind. That's why I call my railroad GAP Freelance Modern because anythings possible.:):D:rolleyes::eek:

All the one's I sold last summer & last fall & this winter were not ever made either. But, people seemed to like the one's I had because they were one of a kind. A person w/a good immagination can build anything & someone else will always want it. :eek:

Thats the reason my FU-2 is always a hit at shows! Its one of a kind
(Kinda, there is one other, but its never out) and rare.:)

Funny part for me, is seeing some windbag telling his newbie buddy"heck yeah, they run them down in Mexico".
Its hard to walk with your train and not bust out laughing sometimes!:D
FU2_resized.jpg

good morning 34* going up to 52* :D gotta go to the unemployment office at 130 other then that i got nothin :p

Couldn't sleep. Woke up at 3:30 & got up at 4:30(am):D. Cool 55* this morning. Supposed to be up to about 90* by 2pm. Got an Eye appointment this morning at 9am local. Really need new glasses, getting almost impossible to work on trains. Fuzzy, Blurry & Watery. Left eye gums up at nite. Been 2 years since I go the last pair. I get a pair w/Bifocals, a pair for the Computer
(24" measurement from the screen) & a pair of dark sunglasses w/bifocals.
Got to finish boxing up my last sale for awhile of the Roco Tee set & Steamer & 2 Roco Pass. cars. I traded all of these for some Diesels that I want.
(want, not needed-2 diff. meanings.:rolleyes:).
Hope to get all of the old stuff I bought seperated this weekend to put up under a new FS heading. The guy that I bought all of this stuff from has a bunch of Lionel O27 & O that he's supposed to be putting up on Ebay this summer. This guy is a True Train Nut:).

Good morning. It's 65° and cloudy with patchy fog. The high will be 82° and there's a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon increasing to 30% tonight.

Very odd weather for late February. It should be quite a bit cooler, instead the a/c was going at 5:30 this morning.

I didn't sign off last night due to some nut going off the road and smacking into a utility pole. He didn't take the pole down but he sure blew the dickens out of a transformer. That boom was heard for miles. Today will see more clean-up work on the layout for as long as I can stand being on my feet, which isn't long. So the work will have to be done a bit at a time. If I have time I'll paint out the PRR keystones on the Frankenstein U25C I pieced together yesterday and see about getting some L&A decals on it. You didn't think it was going to escape did you?

P1011101.jpg

yes the strange weather continues here 45* & raining !! all i can say is with no snowpack to melt this spring wow this whole state will be a tinderbox come summer :eek::eek::eek:

Morning gents,

Its about 35* here, headed for 45* and maybe some snow, its a slight drizzle right now.

Today i have nothing until i have to go to work. Ill mostly be browsing cars online for a bit and then probably head out to the garage and see about putting some new brakelines on one of the fourwheelers, then reassembling it.

What would you guys recommend for a first vehicle? Unfortunately a car is totally out of the question, im too tall to comfortabley ride in one, let alone drive one. Theyre also much to low to the ground for what i need. While i understand that the car will be better on gas and be cheaper to purchase, i feel that the additional costs of a larger vehicle are more than worth it. Ive been looking at 1/2 ton trucks and medium sized SUVs. Theres been the occasional 3/4 ton truck but the purchase costs and gas are more than id really be willing to pay. Its 12miles round trip to where i work and back, and maybe 1/4 mile to school and back. Thats why im okay with paying the gas bill for the larger vehicle, even at 12mpgs and figure an 18gal tank, i could make 18 round trips to my work on one tank of gas. Yeah it would take $90 to fill the tank, but im willing to let go of 1/3 of one paycheck per month to gas. And in reality, most larger vehicles will average closer to 14 or 15mpgs anyways, especially if it had the V6. So, with that ridiculous list of wants and wishes, does anyone have any recomendations or opinions? :D

Patrick- I wasnt considering anything in particular regarding the military. If i enlisted it would most likely be with either the marines or the army, but nothing in specific within those branches.

Jeff- The frankenstiens you come up with ! Those U-Boat trucks under the SD45 would be something to see. Quite honestly who cares if its prototypical? Some of the coolest looking pieces have been examples that never existed.

Karl- I remember seeing the FU-2 before and always looked like something from Brazil or Mexico, oops :eek:

Have a great one guys,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back