This is just wrong!!!!!!

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
Well this is the view out my back door looking out into the yard this morning at 8am.

100_1453-1.jpg

100_1454-1.jpg

100_1455.jpg

Now a lot of you northerners are saying (and I grew up in northern Illinois), so what, it's only 6 inches of powder, and you'd be right. The only problem is that this is NORTH CAROLINA!!!! :eek:

And this isn't something we see very often down this far south!! Looks like we'll have a couple snow days tomorrow!!! :D

Just took the metal ruler out and measured the snow on top of the deck railing, at 9:30am it's at 7 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure is pretty to look at though. I really enjoy looking at snow especially when it is elsewhere. LOL LOL LOL

Hopefully, this doesn't happen too often. Living in Traverse City, Michigan (about 100 miles south of Michigan's Upper Peninsula) it gets tiring putting away summer stuff for winter stuff. Winter starts too early and lasts too long.

Hopefully, this doesn't happen too often. Living in Traverse City, Michigan (about 100 miles south of Michigan's Upper Peninsula) it gets tiring putting away summer stuff for winter stuff. Winter starts too early and lasts too long.

Not too often. I've been down here for almost 10 years now. Every 3 or 4 years we get a good snow amount like this. The first year my step sons moved here from Scotland we had a big storm like this. I tied a big piece of plywood to the back of the Jeep and pulled them up and down the road in our sub-division. They had never done that before. We had all of the neighbors out taking pictures and laughing!! :D

Oh Jerome,,,,,its sooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

So far, we gots nuttin! :(

I worked so hard to get the Ranger fixed after it ate a Bambi, I wanna play in the snow!!:eek:

Well this is the view out my back door looking out into the yard this morning at 8am.

100_1453-1.jpg

100_1454-1.jpg

100_1455.jpg

Now a lot of you northerners are saying (and I grew up in northern Illinois), so what, it's only 6 inches of powder, and you'd be right. The only problem is that this is NORTH CAROLINA!!!! :eek:

And this isn't something we see very often down this far south!! Looks like we'll have a couple snow days tomorrow!!! :D

Just took the metal ruler out and measured the snow on top of the deck railing, at 9:30am it's at 7 inches.

Aw! You poor thing!
You are, after all, in NORTH Carolina, NOT the "SOUTH" Carolina.
And global warming doesn't just mean hotter temps, it means entire changes in global weather altogether.
That, my friend, is why it's even "wronger" to have snow fall in FLorida And Disney WOrld to see temps in the teens and twenties. AND to THEM- You ARE the NORTH! :D
________
Body science

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome......You can keep that S____, I don't want that nowhere near me! Mickey will die if the temps get to low down here!

Here in the North of Scotland, we have been putting up with it for the past month - as far as I'm concerned you can KEEP it! It was below -20C this morning

Gotta love it, NC with snow, that's awesome! I wish we had some snow, it's been unusually warm here in Denver, no snow for us yet.

Well having just spent the morning shoveling and it's still snowing here in your old haunt of Northern Illinois, all I can say Jerome is you can run but you can't hide!

Jerome

it's 11:35 a.m. and there is a dusting on the ground here in eastern suffolk, L.I.
i think our weather got mixed up!!!

No snow here in south Florida yet. The temps down to 45* & is supposed to be in the mid 20's by 6am tomorrow. It was 60* at 6am & now it's 11:45 & it's dropped. Got wind up to 30mph.:D

Well the driveway, sidewalks and deck are all clean again!! Must be something inbred in us northerners, we see snow and we have to shovel it!! LOL Global warming or whatever. It was nice to see it once in a while. But by Thursday it's back in the 50's and gone!! LOL That's why I stayed in the south!! ;)

same storm

Jerome,
Today we woke up to the nicest thing we could have woken up to. There is 6 inches already on the ground and more to come. We have already been out playing in it with my son and dog.

Back