This is just wrong!!!!!!

I am just West of that blizzard warning area, and in the winter storm warning area. Im sure I will see something here, I just love to laugh at family I have in Memphis. I guess the whole state shuts down when they see a flake or two.

Well this is the view out my back door looking out into the yard this morning at 8am.

100_1453-1.jpg

100_1454-1.jpg

100_1455.jpg

Now a lot of you northerners are saying (and I grew up in northern Illinois), so what, it's only 6 inches of powder, and you'd be right. The only problem is that this is NORTH CAROLINA!!!! :eek:

And this isn't something we see very often down this far south!! Looks like we'll have a couple snow days tomorrow!!! :D

Just took the metal ruler out and measured the snow on top of the deck railing, at 9:30am it's at 7 inches.

Something we don't see often up here in the northwest on the coast of Southern B.C. Enjoy it! and stay off the roads. We deal with mostly grey skies and rain all winter up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just West of that blizzard warning area, and in the winter storm warning area. Im sure I will see something here, I just love to laugh at family I have in Memphis. I guess the whole state shuts down when they see a flake or two.

You're lucky :D

I live in that pocket on the map that's violet and says 20+"

Isn't Belchertown, MA part of the lavender colored 8-14" band on the left?

mapxf.png

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats ok, Im still not sure where Boston is. LOL

Its like the joke in Boston, Massachusetts ends at 495 and there is no electricity or running water West of 128.

Brian

Its like the joke in Boston, Massachusetts ends at 495 and there is no electricity or running water West of 128.

Brian

It is also an accepted idea that 128, 495, and the Mass Pike are weather barriers. Warm & sunny on one side and cold, wet and rainy or snowing on the other.

Well up here in the "Great White North", this is what our front yard looked like on Christmas Eve!

A whole lotta crap is heading up our way, though, after dropping on New England. I assume Monday won't be quite as snow free!

No problem though, got the snowblower tuned up and full of gas, and best of all, being retired I don't have to get out early!

Snow fun!

Good to see that Mother Nature brought you some of that for Christmas Jerome. :D We received around 11" between Friday and Saturday, good workout getting it off the driveway.

Here in Western Washington we've got the usual routine: snow dump, melt, ice, crunchy slush, more snow, more slush, getting the car stuck in the driveway.

I love my four wheel drive. :)

Lol I'm glad we are getting a break form the worst of the white stuff so far this year. Our yard looked the same a s Bob's until 4pm yesterday and then we got a very light dusting. Tomorrow might be a different story though.

Back