Weekly Photo Fun 8-6/8-12

Ray, that quarry looks AWESOME! I think you got the colors right on. Looking forward to seeing the scene when it's completed.

Johnny, I had to look about three times before I realized those were models and not prototype photos. Excellent work and photography....

Thanks Jim, I'm glad to see you are back up and running on the forum. Even though I couldn't post due to a hijack, I followed along..

Johnny

P1011208.jpg

More great stuff from everyone. Corey, great looking trees. Thanks for sharing
I've been working on my waterfront, including the bridge I was asking for ideas for a while back. I've included one shot from last December to show how much the same area has changed, hopefully for the better!

A few more including my more detailed Marshall Fields Store and new bridge house. It started life as an Atlas gate house.

That's a very good use for an Atlas gate house. I've thought about converting mine to a small signal tower. Those aren't used anymore but down here in Redneck Central you're likely to see anything.

Gary, I love your Marshall Fields store. what kit did you start out with? The colors on the trim look just right for Chicago. The waterfront area really benefited from the bridge change too. The only thing that caught my as being out of place was the stern view of the tug. Nice tug, but it's awfully hard to steer with the rudder out of the water. :)

Jeffery, Thanks! I have no idea why that bridge needs a house but here in Chi-Town we've got usually two on each movable span so that makes for a couple of dozen. Most are stone and much more elaborate than mine but there is one older I used as a model for it.
Jim, That's one of the Bachmann City Scenes buildings. Actually two, the second kit I cut off the first floor and then stacked. The first floor became my Krispy Creme Donut Shop. I still need a clock on the corner. (In the works!)

Yeah I wanted to finally complete the tug too but I don't seem to be able to find the remaining parts. They'll show up one day.:)

Caught Adirondack and Northern number 3018 and 10 working a MOW job through an old logging header. They mentioned something about building a temporary rock bridge for logging equipment to cross a deep stream up in the woods. ADKN operates 42 miles of logging and timber industries in NY Adirondack Mts. 3018 was on the point of this 3 car train which had decent sized boulders in the cars. 3018 is an Ex-CP Rail GP38 who hasnt recieved her patch, but i was told that it should happen sometime this week. We arent sure what 10 started as but shes a GP40 picked up 5th hand from a scrap yard using her to shuffle cars. Handrails and the front pilot step have been knocked off, she had a rough life. As i got there they were just unloading the excavator and moving it up near the power. I managed to grab a shot of #10 showing off her tatoos and managed to climb the only tree left and get a shot of the whole train. Managment announced they are looking for new power and that they have purchased intermodel equipment to take a chance in that booming industry. Rumors have been circulating that negotiations are being made for a pair of U30Cs from Canada and that the intermodal equipment from the midwest should arrive on site within a week!

Littlefoot (Matt, isn't it?) That the great thing about being your age. If I went out and played in the dirt in my yard like that, I'ld get a lot of weird looks. At least when my own son's were younger I could use playing with them as an excuse for doing stuff like that.
Enjoy it while you can.

Gary- I was making tilling the dirt in the horseshoe pits when i realized my footprints were making a trail in the soft dirt that looked like a road. I said hey it looks like a railroad cut throw the dirt. I grabbed some old track and what was on the workdesk and went with it :rolleyes:

Jeff- The GP9 looks good for now, it should look great after painting.

BigD- Your picture doesnt work :confused:

Quick snap from my newly completed station:

Seems that the Mr. got the time wrong on the schedule and now the Mrs. and MIL are letting him have it...the MIL won't leave nearly as early as he'd hoped:
2vih8c1.jpg

Back