Weekly Photo Fun 2-12/2-18

I started to comment on some, but where to start. This is for everyone FANTASTIC. Icheymon is the shop you mentioned on the north side of Gettysburg A house that is full of model railroad stuff? Now here is my input.
7440ed29.png

Pump house for a D&RGW standard gauge water tank 1950's era. Note the ground wire on the power pole along with the three glass insulators. To the right of the door are the remains of the corner posts for the old coal box when the pump was powered by a small boiler.

Here is a photo of Verdi Lumber Company Shay numbers 9 and 10. The Shays are delivering a load of milled lumber to Kent's Lumber and Building Supply (seen in the background) in Fernley Nevada ... The wooden water tank behind the Shay was build by my wife as a present. Backdrop is from photos of the hills surrounding Fernley NV...

Bob

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m246/COLTGUY/IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0439-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a good laugh today. I purchased a set of Athearn CF pups last summer. I never even took them out of the box until today. One side the CF banner had come lose, no problem, just re-glue it. Well I turned it around and this is what I saw!!!

101_0538.jpg

Must have been a bad day at the factory in China when this was put together.

Jeffrey, no it's fixed now. It is a brass plate. I just popped it lose with an X-acto knife and spun it around.

101_0538.jpg

Must have been a bad day at the factory in China when this was put together.

This makes me think of the people I sometimes see with upside down, or mirrored, Chinese tattoos. I hope they were temporaries!

early morning on the BART branchline.
20100209-morning-bart.jpg

Thought I would throw this in to show there are many facets to our hobby.

The unseen part of our hobby: my signal and traffic control center.

Dcp_2377.jpg

Dcp_2377.jpg

Wow, Rex last time I seen that many wires was at my dads work when I was a hatchling! Looks like a nightmare to me to keep neat and in order:)

Rex,
that is impressive. I personally hate dealing with electrons and such, but I do strive to keep my wiring neat and tidy.

Are you an electrician, or just self taught?

Again, that is some excellant work there.

A couple from me for this week.

Burlington Northern SD9 pushing a Jordan Spreader to the shops to get ready for the up and coming winter.
DSCF4333.jpg

Wisconsin Central SW1500 pulling into Mountain View with the local.
DSCF4665.jpg

DSCF4663.jpg

The WC SW1500 working the interchange tracks at Mountain View.
DSCF4761.jpg

Back