Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey- Only 45 years, dont be tacking on another half a decade :D, bob already said ive got a long apprenticeship to serve first :rolleyes::D

Dana- So much for mild NY weather huh? I cant remember a summer thats been this hot ths early. Usuaully its a couple weeks towards the ends of july to the middle of august, not lat june early july!

85 degrees out righ now and rising. Supposed to be about mid 90's with maybe some t storms tonigt. Not much going on today, probably working on some summer assignments until about lunchtime then ill be enjoying my vacation. Maybe head down to the field to see if a game is going on and if not just ride back here and maybe hit some golf balls around the backyard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 80 and partly cloudy. There's a 50% chance of rain today. The high will be 94.

We got some good rain yesterday but we still need more of it. Last night I tried out the little hand-held Fuller Brush vac that my mothert gave me for my birthday. It's a very powerful little cuss but is uncomfortable to hold onto as it gets quite warm very quickly. If I had to clean the layout with it that would take some time as the area covered by the brush is only one inch wide. It does however do a very effective cleaning job in that one inch wide area. Now for the bad points. The hose (18") is far too short and would require the vac to be held in one hand while the cleaning tip is held in the other hand. The cleaning brush attachment appears to be quite fragile so great care must be taken not to damage it. The filter works great but after looking around town I have yet to find a place to get replacements locally. Replacement filters would have to be ordered from the company. The dirt hopper is very small and fills up quickly requiring that it be emptied often. The fast way to do this and clean the filter at the same time is to use one of my two Shop-Vacs to clean out the dirt hopper and clean the filter, thus the dust and dirt from the layout ends up in the Shop-Vacs anyway.So while it's power is impressive the overall performance isn't. There's also no way to hang it up anywhere, meaning it has to take up valuable closet space that I could be using to store MR supplies. Somehow I don't think this little vac will be seeing much service on the layout.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN0033.jpg
 
I remember in the OLDENdaze:D:D late 70's to mid 80's the temps around here were close to or above 100 for two consecutive weeks. During that time I removed the siding and replaced it. I was a 12 beer a day job but it got done and I loved every minute of it. Sweat running down my neck back the crack of my A@%:p was a little uncomfortable but I still loved it. Now a days if it gets above 93 I am miserable but it sure do beat the snow and ice and cold and all that other nasty winter like stuff. I will take the heat any day versus the cold:):).
 


Bob: On that kitchen floor. The room is 10' X 17' 8 1/2". The present treated wood runs the 17 foot direction. Glendia came up with a brainstorm of an idea a couple of days ago and it took me this long to figure out how to use her idea. Instead of removing all the wood how about just removing the 3/4" plywood and then running every 12" a perpendicular 2by and just making them a little thicker at each increment? Saves a whole ton of money and time by not having to rip a 2by on an angle and tearing out everything that is there now because I can set the rip fence on the table saw and just make straight cuts.
 
Time for another installment of, "As Chris' world crashes!"

Well had four lawns to mow on Old Smokey, and then I went to the Mower store and finally bought that new 21hp B&S motor for my 30" ZTR. 2 hours of sweating in a 98* garage and done........ My mower runs good now.

Also one of my customers has a old John Deere 30" mid engine mower that he wants to sell me. So I'm slowly getting back to normal.....:rolleyes: Well got to go to Wally world! BBS
 
The Explosion Blew Out The Fire...

After a year of getting 8 mpg, we decided it was time to trade in the Suburban for something more fuel efficient. A Hummer would fit the bill...:rolleyes:
Anyway, we went out and found some stuff, and made a deal to trade the Burb in on a newer car. We set the appointment for filling out the paperwork for 6 pm tomorrow. this evening as I was driving home in the Suburban I stopped for the stop sign out front of our apartment, and got rear-ended.
Our insurance company won't be able to get an adjuster to look at it before Wednesday. I'm waiting to hear back from the car dealership to see if they still want to do the deal, if they want to wait until the Burb is fixed, or scrub the whole thing. At least as far as I know I'm okay, though the Subaru that hit me will need some work... The woman that hit me swears it was my fault because I stopped for the stop sign.
And people that don't know me wonder why a Native American friend dubbed me "Little Black Cloud"...:(
 
Terry
Isn't your neck a little stiff now?? :rolleyes:
Stopped is stopped, sign or not, her fault, end of story.
I smell someones goose is cooked!
 
Terry
Isn't your neck a little stiff now?? :rolleyes:
Stopped is stopped, sign or not, her fault, end of story.
I smell someones goose is cooked!
Yes, she got the ticket. The timing is terrible, as far as trading it in. We'll just have to see how it plays out. My neck is a little stiff, but if the woman will pay me what the car dealership was going to allow for the truck, it might start to feel better...
Of course, Suburban vs Subaru, you know how that part turned out. Anybody want to buy a Burb, cheep? Only has one dent...
 
#1 rule learned here is" "Not to be in or near any vehical terry is driving! Lil' black cloud is an under statement!
 


After a year of getting 8 mpg, we decided it was time to trade in the Suburban for something more fuel efficient. A Hummer would fit the bill...:rolleyes:

Terry: I don't know about that Hummer thing. I asked Santa last year for a shiny white Hummer with lots of chrome. All that SOB brought me was a crack 'ho with braces.:mad::eek: And was that ladies last name by any chance "Murphy"?

Welll...the LL had the day off today and made a mistake of stopping by the LHS on the way home. I wasn't 5' into the store when I got a sudden case of whiplash as I walked by the first display case. This Athearn "N" SD70M grabbed me by the elbow and it was all over. Along with 5 frt cars. She wanted two of them(<-- now THAT'S a GOOD DEAL"):D:D So after a long hiatus, the Cactus Valley & Western has re-opened its doors.:D
(Oh yeah....the Fuzzy Rodent thinks trains are better than catnip:eek:)

cvwr02a.jpg
 
And was that ladies last name by any chance "Murphy"?
No, it was Douglas... When I called in the accident, the dispatcher asked if anybody was hurt. I said "not yet". It's amazing how quick an answer like that gets a police car on the scene.;)
 
At least my cars aren't on retainer to the state of Florida as portable gas chambers...:D

No my Old mower has taken that title and now is a broad area Gas Bomb! I like to Run it in the tree huggers yards!:D:D "With a thick cloud of blue smoke and a hardy Hi-Ho Old smokey!" the lone lawn man sets off on another hair brained adventure!
 
Ok fellas, for 3 weeks ive been promising some fish pics, well i brought my rod to work with me today and caught these three during lunch :D
Nothing special, a decent sized perch and a couple small sunnies, released both of them as well as a ton of there friends :rolleyes:. The perch however was a nice dinner for me tonight. I love my job :D
 
Ok fellas, for 3 weeks ive been promising some fish pics, well i brought my rod to work with me today and caught these three during lunch :D
Nothing special, a decent sized perch and a couple small sunnies, released both of them as well as a ton of there friends :rolleyes:. The perch however was a nice dinner for me tonight. I love my job :D

Nice minows!;):) You must come down here fishing! Love to see your eyes when you hook up in to 50+# Tarpon or 80# Grouper!
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top