Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 50th Birthday, Jeffrey!
When I turned 50, reality soaked in...I'm on my way to getting old. Thought it a real slap in the face then, but just a while back I received my Medicare card to be effective this September. Wow, that was a knockdown slap :D:D

Mikey, you are so right about all the junk mail you receive about sup insurance, once they know you are on or going on Medicare. I get at least three or four a week. BTW: I read that jab on the BAMA cheerleaders...at least they have all their front teeth and wear shoes, unlike Auburn cheerleaders. hehehe! :p:p:D

Dana: yeah, there are several of us +60 on here. Welcome to the Old an Cranky membership. I'm not sure who is the oldest, but don't believe Karl...he is older than dirt.
 
We should call the group, "The Cranky and Crusty Old Geezer's Club and Debauchery Society". The name alone would take up two sheets of paper on the application.

I've got 2 1/2 years before I'm eligible to be a member. Turned 57 in January. 58 next. (is that right? .....yeh, 58 comes after 57...).

Getting ready to try doing some decals. With the left hand being what it is, this should be a test of patience....

Bob
 


I just checked with Dish Network about changing my account to HD and almost went into sticker shock. On their website they talk about changing to HD as costing justr $10 month extra. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT! They want $200 up front!:eek: That's supposed to be for changing out the dish and the receiver. There's no way I can afford that!:mad: I'll just stick with the regular SD programming I get. Just my opinion, but as far as their HD upgrade offer is concerned, they can go fly a milk bottle!
 
Jeff, I dropped cable/sat. service. I got tired of whole lot of nothing on TV except Brain Rot Programming! I just go to wally World every once and a while and buy a movie or two. that's way cheaper than cable/sat.JMO
 
Jeff- Do any of your relatives have dish? What we did for camp and the camper was link to my grandmas. I dont know what its called, but basically we got another box from dish, and as far as dish tv knows its in another room at my grandmas, when in reality it travels to campgrounds and a camp in the middle of the woods. That lets both of us get the regular stuff as well as the football package. I dont know if we have HD, but i dont remember any $200 charge, my dad wouldnt have spent that much...
 


Jeff, I dropped cable/sat. service. I got tired of whole lot of nothing on TV except Brain Rot Programming! I just go to wally World every once and a while and buy a movie or two. that's way cheaper than cable/sat.JMO
That works good when you're not home a lot. I'm home almost all the time. I can't read worth a darn because of dyslexia and there's not a lot happening on the web during the day. Watching something new and different on the big flat screen gives me a way to pass the time.

I guess if I want to look at a really sharp picture I'll have to connect my old 2-wire computer monitor in line.:D
 
Jeff- Do any of your relatives have dish? What we did for camp and the camper was link to my grandmas. I dont know what its called, but basically we got another box from dish, and as far as dish tv knows its in another room at my grandmas, when in reality it travels to campgrounds and a camp in the middle of the woods. That lets both of us get the regular stuff as well as the football package. I dont know if we have HD, but i dont remember any $200 charge, my dad wouldnt have spent that much...
My sister has Dish also as well as my niece. But they have the same SD programming that I do.
 
boB
Your "We should call the group, "The Cranky and Crusty Old Geezer's Club and Debauchery Society". The name alone would take up two sheets of paper on the application." idea has a problem. Its too easy to forget or confuse. You need a name with an acronym to make it easy to remember, like NMRA or AARP.
How about the Open League of Degraded Friends And Railroaders Talk Society??

Heeee heee heeee!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Who loves ya baby????? :p
 
Good morning folks

It was 80 F as I headed out into the soup this morning. The humidity is high and getting higher. It feels like you are walking under a wet blanket. High today is supposed to be a cooled off 94 F. We are still under an Excessive Heat Warning. Yesterday we hit 103 F officially. My son’s weather station in the backyard said 108 F.

The repairman canceled yesterday. They had too many emergency air conditioning/central air calls. Of course they did it too late for me to go into work so I burnt a whole vacation day. I did, however, get a bunch of little chores done around the house with the kids’ help.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice. We will be bringing plenty of water along for this one.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
boB
Your "We should call the group, "The Cranky and Crusty Old Geezer's Club and Debauchery Society". The name alone would take up two sheets of paper on the application." idea has a problem. Its too easy to forget or confuse. You need a name with an acronym to make it easy to remember, like NMRA or AARP.
How about the Open League of Degraded Friends And Railroaders Talk Society??

Heeee heee heeee!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Who loves ya baby????? :p

Where do I sign up?
 
opens door quietly------

HELLO!!Hellohellohellohello

Sheesh where'd people go? And at such an early time!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good morning---

We are going up to 91F with humidex of 108F today---and little chance of rain--there MIGHT be a little bit tomorrow though:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways---off to get some stuff done BEFORE we enter roasting territory---:rolleyes::rolleyes::):):)
 
boB
Your "We should call the group, "The Cranky and Crusty Old Geezer's Club and Debauchery Society". The name alone would take up two sheets of paper on the application." idea has a problem. Its too easy to forget or confuse. You need a name with an acronym to make it easy to remember, like NMRA or AARP.
How about the Open League of Degraded Friends And Railroaders Talk Society??

Heeee heee heeee!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Who loves ya baby????? :p

I need to get signed up today, before my old timers kicks in and I forget!

Littlefoot- We can make you a Junior mamber and spend the next 50 years training you to be grumpy and cranky!:D

I had to give up two-wheeling on the bike today. A 98 degree day on the bike translates to about 110 degrees on the pavement. When I stop for a traffic light, the heat off the engine makes things near and dear to me very uncomfortable. If I just didn't have to watch out for other traffic.....!
 


94F here today...heat index close to 100..lawn needs to be baled but to hot to mow. Have discovered how to use XtrackCAD so have been busy planning the re-birth of the Cactus Valley & Western. :D The LL has given me trackage rights to the entire house, except for livingroom and kitchen.:D:D:D (Then again, it might be the heat getting to her, or me for that matter. :rolleyes:) Hope all have a good day!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top