Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Cloud continued

We showed up at the car dealership at the appointed time, and proceeded to sit and wait while 5 other customers without appointments were shown cars, took test drives, filled out paperwork and left in their new cars. After waiting all evening, our salesman came in and told us we would have to come back tomorrow, that they were closing. WTF? Race may have played a role in our being shunned, all the other customers as well as the salesman were of the same ethnic minority. I would complain to the home office, but they have all our personal info, including home address and social security numbers. Whatever happens, I can assure you we will not be buying a car from that place if it meant we had to walk everywhere we went.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We showed up at the car dealership at the appointed time, and proceeded to sit and wait while 5 other customers without appointments were shown cars, took test drives, filled out paperwork and left in their new cars. After waiting all evening, our salesman came in and told us we would have to come back tomorrow, that they were closing. WTF? Race may have played a role in our being shunned, all the other customers as well as the salesman were of the same ethnic minority. I would complain to the home office, but they have all our personal info, including home address and social security numbers. Whatever happens, I can assure you we will not be buying a car from that place if it meant we had to walk everywhere we went.

I am not one to be superstitous Terry, but don't you kind of get the feeling that somebody, or something is trying to tell you not get rid of that Suburban? Kind of a Stephan King sort of deal. You didn't name that 'Burb Christine did you? :eek::confused:
 
We showed up at the car dealership at the appointed time, and proceeded to sit and wait while 5 other customers without appointments were shown cars, took test drives, filled out paperwork and left in their new cars. After waiting all evening, our salesman came in and told us we would have to come back tomorrow, that they were closing. WTF? Race may have played a role in our being shunned, all the other customers as well as the salesman were of the same ethnic minority. I would complain to the home office, but they have all our personal info, including home address and social security numbers. Whatever happens, I can assure you we will not be buying a car from that place if it meant we had to walk everywhere we went.

Been there done that! It wasn't race/color rather than $$$ back ground:mad: Your best bet is to just walk away and find another dealership!
 


BNSF971 Yep. I'd pretty much do as Chris--and I---have done. Just get rid of 'em---go somewhere else.

I'm going to a swap meet today to see what kindsa stuff I can get from it---heeheehee:D:D:D

I'm also going to go to Home Desperate to pick up some PVC piping for a few silos---

anyways---you all have a good day:D:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you like BIG fresh water fish come down here and hook into one of the 100+ pound catfish we have. You'll have a blast hauling that mother in.

Fish dont grow that big around here, the biggest the cats get around here is about 30lbs.

The perch was decent sized, in the picture its swimming around in the bottom of a cooler.

Not to much going on today, ive got to make a run to the post office and then i believe me and my dad are taking a trip up north to the gun place because we didnt make it last week. Take care guys.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Terry: Take your business elsewhere. You've already had your first indication that they are not excited about what you have or what you want. I've been through it myself. I went to a respectable dealership to see about getting a good used car back in 1999. They had a good selection to choose from but the lowest down payment they would accept was $1,000. I had $750 to put down but for that all they had was a beat up 1988 Chrysler New Yorker. Nope! Not what I was looking for. I had bought three cars from these people over the years and paid them all off with no problem. Now they were going to treat me this way? No way! I went to another lot, told them going in the door that I had $750 for a down payment if they could put me in a good car that was less than 7 years old. No problem! They had a total of 25 cars in that range. I only needed one. After some looking and a few test drives I selected a 1994 Buick Century, the same car I still have today. It cost me a total of $5,600. As for that OTHER car lot, I've never gone back there since. Anyone who asked me about where to get a car was told to stay away from there. For all I cared they could go out of business, which they eventually did. I have a very simple business ethic. Treat me right and I'll send you business. Treat me wrong and I'll see that I or anyone I talk to sends you NO business.
 
Good morning folks.

Sounds like things are pretty calm around here.

Terry, You really aren't having much luck with this car business huh? I certainly don't think I would buy a car from those people that you waited for.

My future brother in law was introduced to my trains the other day. He seemed to be quite impressed with the scope of it. He wanted to know how much of it I built. I said,"all of it". My sister in law wanted to know where I bought the bench work. I had to explain how I built that as well. They were surprised because I sell men's clothing for a living. Usually I'm fairly well dressed and don't look very handy. Ha ha, that's my Clark Kent disguise. Underneath the spit and polish is Super Train Geek! Ready to not shower or shave in an effort to have more time to make my little choo choos go!:eek: All kidding aside, I explained that the buildings were kits that were either built as designed, or kit bashed into something different. The rest was built with regular building items mixed with commercially available hobby products.

The boss is gone for ten days so it will be boring and stressful all at the same time at work. Boring because I'll be there more by myself, stressful if we don't sell much. July is a crappy time of the year for sales so I won't have much to show him when he gets back. Oh well, it's not my fault.

Have a great day everyone.
 
Terry
Jeffrey is right, look elsewhere. Obviously these superficial clowns hav't woke up to reality yet. Having worked in car dealerships for the majority of my adult life, I've seen it 1st hand. They need a wake up call. IF they have half a brain, they probably will call in a day or so to reschedule your appointment. When they do, don't just tell them "no thank you". Tell them that you won't be back because you bought a (fill in the blank) from (fill in the blank) because they didn't honor your appointment.
With the car biz shrinking still, they can't afford to "pick cherries" based on appearance,race, or any other percieved notion. I once worked at a Lincoln-Mercury-Dodge-Honda store where a man dressed in bib overalls, a flannel shirt and ball cap walked the lot for 45 minutes with all the salesmen ignoring him until finally the General Manager noticed him. He walked out to the man and asked if he could help him. The man pointed to a Town Car and said he wanted to buy it, then pulled a paper bag out of his overalls full of money. 20 minutes later, paperwork done and car washed, he drove off in his new, fully paid for , Town car. At that point, an emergency sales meeting was called. I'm glad I wasn't in that meeting!!!:eek:
See, some people get it, some don't, and some too late. If they don't get it, don't worry. Do what YOU gotta do!
 
Good morning. It's 77 and mostly cloudy. There's a 50% chance of rain later today and the high will be 91.

I've been busy today packing away some rolling stock that I've been doing weathering work on. I have no plans of using any of it at this time as I already have plenty on the layout. Someday I'll have to sort through it all and decide what to keep, what to pass on to others and what to pitch. I have tons of rolling stock but not tons of space for it. This will help free up space on the layout and give me more room in which to work. Next I'll have to sort out my structures, those that aren't a permanent part of the layout already that is. There are two switch towers, a fire station, a gas station, a small freight station, a gate tower and a small abandoned passenger platform that are set into the scenery base and will stay where they are. The rest of it can be moved or removed as the case may be. I don't know yet which of these I'll keep and which will be going. When the time comes I'll put up a list of what will be up for grabs. As for recent happenings, I went to the local surgery center yesterday to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy done. Glad I was able to sleep through it. Afterward I felt like my insides had been scrambled around. The doc said he found evidence of acid reflux, gall stones and the remains of an ulcer. He also located and removed one polyp. I'll be going back for a follow-up on the 22nd. He said to take a couple of days to rest. That won't be a problem.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010879.jpg
 
Just trying out an experiment with the new weathering powder. I weathered a few cars then sprayed them down with Clear Flat. I'll have a look at them when they're dry and see how the powder fared.
 


Terry: Take your business elsewhere. You've already had your first indication that they are not excited about what you have or what you want. I've been through it myself. I went to a respectable dealership to see about getting a good used car back in 1999. They had a good selection to choose from but the lowest down payment they would accept was $1,000. I had $750 to put down but for that all they had was a beat up 1988 Chrysler New Yorker. Nope! Not what I was looking for. I had bought three cars from these people over the years and paid them all off with no problem. Now they were going to treat me this way? No way! I went to another lot, told them going in the door that I had $750 for a down payment if they could put me in a good car that was less than 7 years old. No problem! They had a total of 25 cars in that range. I only needed one. After some looking and a few test drives I selected a 1994 Buick Century, the same car I still have today. It cost me a total of $5,600. As for that OTHER car lot, I've never gone back there since. Anyone who asked me about where to get a car was told to stay away from there. For all I cared they could go out of business, which they eventually did. I have a very simple business ethic. Treat me right and I'll send you business. Treat me wrong and I'll see that I or anyone I talk to sends you NO business.

Good morning folks.

Sounds like things are pretty calm around here.

Terry, You really aren't having much luck with this car business huh? I certainly don't think I would buy a car from those people that you waited for.

Terry
Jeffrey is right, look elsewhere. Obviously these superficial clowns hav't woke up to reality yet. Having worked in car dealerships for the majority of my adult life, I've seen it 1st hand. They need a wake up call. IF they have half a brain, they probably will call in a day or so to reschedule your appointment. When they do, don't just tell them "no thank you". Tell them that you won't be back because you bought a (fill in the blank) from (fill in the blank) because they didn't honor your appointment.
With the car biz shrinking still, they can't afford to "pick cherries" based on appearance,race, or any other percieved notion. I once worked at a Lincoln-Mercury-Dodge-Honda store where a man dressed in bib overalls, a flannel shirt and ball cap walked the lot for 45 minutes with all the salesmen ignoring him until finally the General Manager noticed him. He walked out to the man and asked if he could help him. The man pointed to a Town Car and said he wanted to buy it, then pulled a paper bag out of his overalls full of money. 20 minutes later, paperwork done and car washed, he drove off in his new, fully paid for , Town car. At that point, an emergency sales meeting was called. I'm glad I wasn't in that meeting!!!:eek:
See, some people get it, some don't, and some too late. If they don't get it, don't worry. Do what YOU gotta do!

We are now the proud owners of a 2008 Pontiac G6 with 50,000 miles on it. It is going to be cleaned up and a couple of minor things fixed, and we will pick it up Monday. The irony... As I was finishing the paperwork, my cell phone rang. It was the first car dealership asking to reschedule. I politely told the salesman I didn't like being treated like a piece of trash while he catered to his friends. While he was sputtering, I told him I had found a better car at another dealership for better terms, lower price, and the people were a lot more professional than he was. Have a nice day, and hung up on him.
Oh, the new place is called Monarch Motors, and is the sales arm of Rent-A-Wreck. We know going in it was a rental car, it came with a 2 year mechanical warranty in case the engine falls out of it on the way home. The price was a bit steep, but it seems about average for what we got in the shape it's in, I guess it isn't 1985 any more...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, lraK, Jeffery and all, when I bought my 2009 Ford F250 Super Duty, I had cash in hand. The salesman blew me off and really angered me. I told him to wait a second while I went to the car for a moment. I returned with a wad of money and said, "See this? Your dealership won't be getting it." He stuttered and stammered a bit as I walked out of the door. And the a**hole followed me all the way to the car wanting me to wait a minute and talk. I hopped in our car, told Angela to get in we were leaving, turned the key, said "Have nice day", and drove away. Drove 30 miles to another dealership and got a better deal, drove the truck home that day. I doubt many dealerships can stand a $40,000+/- sale walking off the lot with the cash in the customer's pocket.......

I got a couple of phone calls the next day from the sales manager and the owner of the dealership asking me to come back. I did...........driving my brand new truck purchased elsewhere. The salesman was fired on the spot. I would have demoted him and made him the new detail/cleanup guy. But, that's just my way of thinking. Embarrass the idiot.

Bob
 
Congrats Terry!
My Alero was a former Avis rental car, but I got it when it was a year old and only had 9000 miles on it. Now at 178000 miles it's still running strong. The GM dealer refers to them as "program cars", I've had quite a few friends and a few family members go the same route, and not a bad one of the bunch. I've also found that rentals sometimes get more consistant maintenance than privately owned cars. Have fun with it!! :D
 
Hey gang!

Well another fine installment of, "As chris' world crashes!"

Not much new with the wife other some small things she has done to try to make me stumble. She just can't seem to put her thumb on me, and doesn't look good on her side of the fence either from where I stand:rolleyes:!

I got my son this weekend and I might take him to Clearwater Beach for some fun either Sunday or Monday;):p I'll bring my camera for that:p!

As for me the business has really started to rock and roll and the prayers are working gang keep it up! As I said last thursday I got that new 21hp 540cc XTR Briggs. motor installed on my 30" ztr. The rental agency that calls me sent me to a house that the grass was 36" tall if not better in some spots. the 30" mower went through it like a champ!:eek: Holy crap I have new found love for Lil-Bit's(my 30"ztr). As soon as the camera is charged I'll post some pic's of the remotor!

Well any ways Chat later.........:)
 
Terry, Irak, Bob- After hearing your stories i almost hope i witness something like that some day. I dont wish to get the man fired, but im always up for watching someone walk right into a trap because they treated someone like crap. Karmas a 5 letter word.

Anyone into like Revolutionary War and French and Indian War stuff?
Im doing some summer work for a history class and figured id ask. I feel pretty priviledged that i live in the area that our country was established upon. The history is here fellas let me tell you that. Our local cemetaries have headstones going back to the early 1700's, some even before that. Theres tons of forts, most within 15 minutes of my house. There are battleships sunk in the local lakes, archealogy sites all over, cannons preserved. Some of our roads were originally battle routes. There are headstones of famous generals. Ever heard of George Washington? How about the Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys? Not to mention Roger's Rangers, yup they were all here, possibly standing where i currently am typing. I swear, if you could block out the cars, squint alittle and have a decent imagination you could step through time right into the middle of a battlefield. There are 2 time periods i would like to step back into time to visit. The 1950's and The French and Indan War or Revolutionary War Era. In the 50's id like to be a kid, but in the earlier period i would have loved to have been a soldier, it would have been incredible knowing i was helping build one of the most powerful nations of today. On my moms side, we have our family traced back to the 1600's, im not sure how far it goes back on my dads side, but easily back into Europe. Ill have to look at the charts and do some research to see if we have any ancestors who fought. Ive seen them before, and being both French and Scottish as well a small percent of Indian Blood theres a possibility we could have had ancestors in the French and Indian War. :D
 
What ticks me off about salesmen like that is they way they treat someone based on appearance. I look like any blue jean and tee shirt wearing hick out there. In fact that's my idea of formal dress, with shoes added to sweeten the picture. Sometimes I'll be ignored for some time then eventually somebody who knows me will come along and tell them that I'm Native American (well only half) and all of a sudden they all want to be my friend. I hate that! What the heck is different! I'm still the same hick they were going out of their way to ignore 5 minutes earlier. I don't have time for hypocrites like that. They can deal with me for who I am, not what race I am. I don't play those games. So far I haven't scalped any dealers but then there's always tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top