Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks.

Terry, I'm glad I didn't have your day instead of mine!

Speaking of my day, sorry for the rant yesterday. I really don't have it bad at work. I just get sick of the same broken record from the boss about a dollar here, a nickel there, etc. The problem is that I don't think the store is too bad off. He's upset because his wife wants to go to Europe this Fall. This would be his THIRD TRIP TO EUROPE in the three years I've worked for him! His wife is taking a girls trip to Hawaii this week, and he's going on a boys golf trip to Arizona next week. It certainly doesn't sound like things aren't going their way. I certainly don't feel sorry for them. Maybe today is the day things will get better around there.

On a different note, the sculptamold is done and ready for paint and ground cover. I need to finish the road surface first, but then on to the greenery. It's amazing how fast you can change a section of the layout with green stuff! Before you know it I will have a cohesive looking section of the layout.

I better get to work. I have a full, eleven hour day ahead of me. Not a half day( boss's three hours).:rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone.
 
Morning People!!

I had a rather busy period of time..got the ICD checked out and everything be running the way it is supposed to. Had to do some out of town stuff to deal with some very sick relatives now....

...oh...as far as any photog stuff I'm still looking for a better camera...any suggestions?:D:D
 
Good morning. Just a quick stop this morning. I'm on my way out to an appointment with the foot doc. We'll see what he thinks of the condition of the foot and ankle. Even from the outside it resembles an Amtrak crash.
 


Good Morning/Afternoon to All, [At least it was before all the interruptions]
It's a beautifully sunny day here in the Central Calif. foothills and it just now passing from Am to Pm.

Nothing real new to report at this point, I just need to get more work done on my layout. It's funny that the last section of track I've laid on the incline I made has become my favorite spot as it's some of the unevenest track work I've ever done and only operable to certain loco's due to that fact. It creates a definite challenge to back or push cars up that section of track. It's very reminiscent of the trackage often found on branch lines in the early days.

Oh, and for those of you that want to duplicate ruaral sidings in the early times just remember many were just laid on the dirt and in many cases ties and tracks became sunk in the ground too.


Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning People!!

I had a rather busy period of time..got the ICD checked out and everything be running the way it is supposed to. Had to do some out of town stuff to deal with some very sick relatives now....

...oh...as far as any photog stuff I'm still looking for a better camera...any suggestions?:D:D


Say Barry,
What is an ICD?


Now as far as your question about what kind of camera to buy;
1. What price range do you want to stay within?
2. Do you want a camera with interchangeable lens for more capabilities,
or do you want a smaller point and shoot camera to carry with you?

I've even seen a very small pocket camera, Sony I think?, that even has interchangeable lenses too, but it gets more costly also.


There's lots of improvements in cameras lately and there seems to be no end to what can be done.

Stay in touch.
 
Well the X-rays showed just what I figured they would show. The entire foot is twisted over on it's side and it's there to stay. We discussed taking it off but that's being reserved as a last resort. What's causing all this trouble is a condition called Charcot Foot. Look it up if you don't know what it is. A more common name is 'Diabetic Osteo Rheumatoid Arthritis'. There's very little that can be done to stop it and it takes no prisoners. The doc is going to see what can be done about having a brace made to help take the weight off it. That would also make it a bit easier for me to get around. Right now I have to wear a a rather bulky orthopedic boot that makes me feel like I have a boat anchor on the end of my leg. But it's either that or I don't walk as I can't put much weight on the foot without breaking the joint loose completely. When I was ready to leave the docs office the van wouldn't start. Turn the key and all it would do was click. I had a pretty good idea what the problem was. My father's pickup does the same thing now and then. I got down on my back and crawled underneath and pulled on the cables right where they connect to the starter then tried the key again. It fired right up. From there I went out to Ft. Polk Entrance Rd to a furniture store my nephew told me about yesterday. Believe me, furniture was the farthest thing from my mind. What I was interested in was the free cell phones that are being given away to those who qualify. Those on Medicaid, food stamps, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (section 8), Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) or The National School Lunch Program Free Lunch Program all qualify. I qualify under the first three. It's a free Blackberry with 68 free anytime minutes a month. Additional minutes can be added for a fee of course. All I got it for is to put it in the van with the insurance and registration paperwork so it will be handy if I have a breakdown or other roadside emergency, so the 68 free minutes are all I'll need. The phone costs me nothing, the minutes cost me nothing, the service costs me nothing. No contract, no credit check. This is just what I've been waiting for. At the moment I have it charging. Once it's charged I'll password lock it and lock it in the overhead compartment (insulated from the heat) with the vans legal paperwork.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The white and fluffy is coming down and has been all day. Looks like we gots bout 4" of that crap. I AM READY FOR SUMMER AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!
 
Oh man! We've got a cold 20 mph north wind coming off the lake. The temp is 43° but the wind chill takes it down to close to freezing. I just went out there to put the cell phone in the van and I wasn't out there but maybe five minutes and I'm still cold even though I'm sitting only 15 inches from the heater. Tomorrow night will be even colder. And this is only January?
 
It's -8F with a wind chill of -29F. We are on our way down to -16.:eek: Damn, that's just too cold. We tend to get use to cold up here, but not like this. My fingertips were numb when I got home.

Work went better today. It probably helps that we were busy.

Have a good night folks.
 


The white and fluffy is coming down and has been all day. Looks like we gots bout 4" of that crap. I AM READY FOR SUMMER AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!

I'm printing and framing this post for use next summer, when Larry is panting like a dog on the front porch!!!:D:rolleyes:;)

Wazzamatta Larry? That Kubota can't play in the snow???:D
 
01/21/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png


:D
 
G'Mornin sleepyheads!!!

Yumm!!

menu_breakfast_1.png


Cant decide what looks more delicious this mornin! Steph's platter or Evelyn's short stack!

I guess it would help if I knw which one was Steph and which one was Evelyn! :D:D
waitress3.png


:D:D:D
 
If both turned up at my door i wouldn't really care who was who ;)

They would make my bad cold go away pretty dammed fast i'm sure ;)

Really not in the mood for any garage work today, it's only 25+f today,,, no a day feeding the log fire is better
 
Oh my gosh it's -20 degrees right now. I don't think I want to go to work! I don't remember the last time it was this cold and I was aware of it. Oh well, I chose to live here huh?:)
 
Really not in the mood for any garage work today, it's only 25+f today,,, no a day feeding the log fire is better

Speaking of garage work, the Ranger is finally back on the road again! :D:D:D
Now it can snow its a$$ off, I wont care.
Everything is done with the exception of painting the hood and painting and installing the front valance between the bumper and the grill. That will have to wait til spring.:(

So far, the buck I hit has cost me 1 hood, 1 valance panel, a radiator, a trans cooler, a grill, a new Ford logo (all new parts) and a few evenings straightening the core suppport and a bumper guard. I'd much rather had gotten him with my shotgun!!:eek: I took a little longer than I wanted for 2 reasons. First, finding a trans cooler to replace the discontiued Ford accessory in the alloted space and secondly, it's COLD in my garage!!:eek:

Come spring, I'm thinking about getting the whole truck repainted anyway. Dark Chocolate (current color) but with gold Shelby style stripes instead of the beige lower body treatment. Oh, and bigger rims and tires!

Here's the before and after shots!
 
Good morning. It's 32° and cloudy with a wind chill of 25°. I'm not going out there anytime soon if I don't have to. The high will be 46° and it will be sunny and turning cooler tonight.

I got the work caboose painted last night and put the L&A decals on it this morning. It still needs more work but is as complete as I can make it for now. As for plans for today, i have none, except to stay in where it's warm.
 
We have 5 inches of snow on the ground. The temperature is 7 with a wind chill of 20 below zero. Roads are still snow covered and slippery with a level 2 snow emergency and side streets and county roads being recovered with snow by high winds.

I want to work on my layout but with the low temps outside it stays too cold in my basement to get any work done. I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and put a sweater or sweatshirt on. How is everybody else doing? I know I have had two long days with all my kids and wife stuck in the house. It looks like I won't be having any peace and quiet till monday. Hooray for me. lol Have a good one everybody!

oddtodd:D
 


We're saving money at work right now by turning off four SEVEN WATT BULBS!:rolleyes: Oh my gosh, I may get a raise with all of this extra money the boss will have! Never mind that it's the only light behind the front counter. I think I need to go out and get my LED flashlight. Better yet, I think I need a day off from this frickin' place.

I hope everyone else has a good day.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top