Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone.

Just thought I'd stop in and say hello. Things have been fairly busy at work and I'm exhausted when I get home. I'm not sure if the winter blues have anything to do with it or if I'm just tired. When I get home I just don't feel like doing anything. Part of my procrastination has to do with my next step. I know I need to mix up a fair amount of sculptamold and work around finished scenery. I'm going to have to be really careful not to screw things up. I'm thinking Tuesday will be the day to take a giant leap forward. I have the day off and the wife works. What else would I do with my day?:D

I suppose I better get to work. Have a great day everyone.
 
Rex...I cannot imagine that those two sweet, innocent little puppies could do something so dastardly. It must have been the cat!
Well Sandy, they tried to blame it on the cat, but she wasn't going to let that happen. She casually pointed to the paw prints around the piles of page shreds.:D

Karl: If our cat was a Tom, then you would probably be correct. One day while I was in dress slacks, my SIL's Tom backed up to me and peed on my leg....I guess just for the hell of it:eek:. My SIL thought it funny, but I would have skinned the SOB if I could have caught it.:D
 


Well Sandy, they tried to blame it on the cat, but she wasn't going to let that happen. She casually pointed to the paw prints around the piles of page shreds.:D

Karl: If our cat was a Tom, then you would probably be correct. One day while I was in dress slacks, my SIL's Tom backed up to me and peed on my leg....I guess just for the hell of it:eek:. My SIL thought it funny, but I would have skinned the SOB if I could have caught it.:D

And people get up set when I throw poo!:mad: At least I'm house broke and use the box rather than peoples legs!:D
 
01/18/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png


:o
 
It is now 5:59 on the east coast, I think it's around 0 out there. But, that doesn't matter, because I have a SNOWDAY!!!! And, not expecting more then a delay, i did all my homework, and all I have to do is snowblow when it's done, so I have a day to myself.

The new tires arrived yesterday, rims should be here today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll mess around with the wheeler today, it could use a good cleaning and some paint touch-ups on the brush guard.

Have a good one everybody.
 
Good morning. It's 48° and cloudy. The high will be around 60° with the clouds giving way to some sun.

No real plans for today. I may do some work on my work caboose later. Got my general physical out of the way yesterday along with the associated lab work. Samples of this, samples of that, samples, samples, samples. If I live long enough I may run out of samples.


​
 
Good morning everyone.

I have the day off so it's choo choo time! I'm hoping to add sculptamold to blend the different scenic elements in my new small town. Not that it's such a big deal, but it is messy. I just have to be careful.

I have absolutely nothing else on my list of things to do today!

Have a great day folks.
 
Good afternoon guys,
It was fairly cool at about 50* with a lot of fog though.

Work continues on my layout, a little at a time so some progress is being made.

Take care and have a good day.
 
Well I got the stakes on the work caboose. That doesn't sound hard right? I had to file the end of each one so they would fit. The next step will be to cut and mount the wooden slats. Doesn't sound hard right? I don't have any scale lumber so I'll have to cut my own. Doesn't sound hard? I don't have the tools for that so each piece will have to be carefully cut from a craft stick and filed down until it's at least near scale thickness. That's gonna take some time.
 


My internet service is making like it's part of a military academy. It keeps falling out.

Progress photos on the work caboose.

P1011297-1.jpg


P1011298.jpg


EDIT: 10:00 pm

Made some more progress.

P1011304-2.jpg


P1011305-1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tore out the temp boys railroad yesterday, was a stop gap thing made from all sort's of offcuts of scrap timber. On the downside i discovered some severe damp probs in the brickwork at the back of the garage, LOL the walls all hairy with white fungus, thats gotta go before i can even consider building anything new
 
Good morning folks

It was 34 F when I left the house this morning. Our high will be 42 F.

Yesterday was a wild day. We had snow over night and then it changed to freezing rain around dawn. I tried to go to work at my normal time but I could not get up a small incline two blocks from the house because of the ice. I turned around and went back home. Around 8 AM I tried again. This time I was able to get out of the neighborhood and onto the main roads. Of course everyone else was running late and the roads were packed. This lead to a long slow commute. This morning I did again encounter some ice on the neighborhood streets but nothing like yesterday.

We spent the weekend and Monday in Lancaster. My daughter played in the MLK Kickoff Classic. They did a little better than expected considering that only two girls, including my daughter, have ever played tournament before. For three of the girls it was the first time they played in a real competitive volleyball game. On Saturday they lost all their games and matches. They were the deer in the headlights. Sunday they won their first game but lost the match. They lost their second match. In the third match they lost the first game but came back and won the next two thus winning the match. On Monday, in the Emerald bracket playoffs they won again. However, they lost in the semi-finals. Last night they had practice and worked on some of the areas they were weak or had problems with during the games.

On the way home Monday my son and I stopped at the RR Museum of Pennsylvania. He is working on his Photography Merit badge and wanted to do his project on trains. We spent a couple of hours taking pictures. Now he has to go through them and choose twenty to make up his presentation.

Tonight we have Cub Scouts and getting ready for the next round of snow tomorrow night into Friday.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning everyone.

I had a great day off yesterday. The sun was shining, and the wind didn't blow. Of course it was only nine degrees, but that's okay.

I excavated some blue foam between the rail lines in order to create less of a flat look. I also built up the roadway that crosses parallel tracks in the town area. Once that was done, I covered the whole area with sculptamold to blend in the roadway and right of way. This is pretty exciting since the next step is paint and ground cover. Yeah, this area is starting to look like something as well. Progress! :D

I'm hoping today at work is less stressful then it has been lately. There are a few moody people lately and they turn me into an Mr Hyde!:eek: Don't piss me off people!

Have a great day everyone.
 
Good morning. It's 45° and cloudy. The high will be around 60° with partial sunshine.

I'm still working on the work caboose today. The wood sides I attached to the stakes are so thin that light shows through them. However that won't be an issue once they are painted. The entire car with the exception of the trucks and wheel sets will be painted MoW gray and marked for the L&A. I'm hoping to get that done sometime today. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the foot doc. He'll likely want to take X-rays so he can see how big a train wreck my ankle and foot have become. I can hardly move either one. I can move my toes a little but I can't flex my foot nor can I turn move my ankle. It seems like it's all locked together which is no real surprise to me. A good X-ray will tell all. No real plans for today except to move around as little as possible.
 
The moodiness continues at work. We have over seventy five double fluorescent light fixtures in the store, plus five chandeliers and fourteen recessed lights. I was ordered to turn off four of them in order to save electricity! I suggested we unplug the adding machines, register, and open sign to save even more!:rolleyes: I know it's good to save money where you can, but some things just don't make that big of a difference. It's petty crap and I don't put up with it. I'll just make sure to fleece the next customer in order to pay the entire months electric bill! I guess I should be happy to have a job. Thank God Wednesdays are the days the boss works a "half day". Half means three hours to him. I guess we're only open until three O'clock if three hours is a half day. My "full day" is nine or eleven hours.

Rant over! Thanks for listening.:)
 
The moodiness continues at work. We have over seventy five double fluorescent light fixtures in the store, plus five chandeliers and fourteen recessed lights. I was ordered to turn off four of them in order to save electricity! I suggested we unplug the adding machines, register, and open sign to save even more!:rolleyes: I know it's good to save money where you can, but some things just don't make that big of a difference. It's petty crap and I don't put up with it. I'll just make sure to fleece the next customer in order to pay the entire months electric bill! I guess I should be happy to have a job. Thank God Wednesdays are the days the boss works a "half day". Half means three hours to him. I guess we're only open until three O'clock if three hours is a half day. My "full day" is nine or eleven hours.

Rant over! Thanks for listening.:)

Tell the boss to turn off the heat and start a bon fire, starting with the bosses desk as the first to be burned!:D

My job is always looking to cut cost! They are planning to lay off 12-16 people next october!
 


Good morning. It's clear and 30 here. Yesterday evening was kind of eventful, not all in a good way.
First, I picked up a riding lawn mower for the house. Buying in January meant I could pick and choose from what was out there, and the seller accepted my offer for it. I hope it will last several years before I have to perform any major repairs to it.
Then, when I got back home, our dog had somehow injured one of her hind legs. I called the vet, and of course since their posted hours are "8am to 9pm", they were closed at 7:30pm.:mad: That meant that 1:We had to scramble to find a vet that was open, and 2: We had to pay cash for the vet. Our insurance for the dog is only good at the vet that was closed. It turned out the dog has a sprained knee, and I have medicine I have to give her twice a day for the next two weeks for pain and inflammation. We got home about 11 last night, $400 poorer.
Last, right after we got home, my wife's work called her. One of the nurses had lost some narcotics, and my wife had to go to work to conduct an investigation of the incident. She got home at 1am.
There is good news, the lawn tractor is still in the back of my truck, none of our larcenous neighbors wanted one, I guess....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top