Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
9* right now, high of 18 i think. Low of -4. Tommorow its going to be high of 6 i think, low of -25. We keep our house at 68*, thats a 93* difference between inside and outside! :eek:

Should have a pair of new SD70Ms today or Monday, i think i may have another addiction :rolleyes:. Also, the new rims and tires for my fourwheeler arrived this week, cant put them on because the wheeler is having some mechanical work done to it. Oh well.

Have a track meet later this afternoon, wish me luck!

Have a good one everyone!
 
Roll On Summer :( or a vacation somewhere hot would do if it was free

A place like this Steve? :D:D:D

307060a-FB.jpg
 


Kind of makes you want to be that raft!

Good morning everyone.

There is peace in the land of Matt J. Graif Clothing. I think the boss mellowed out over night. I know having a good sale helped when he offered to give me a five dollar spiff for the profit I made him. I told him to keep the five dollars and turn the dang lights on. He didn't really object, so life is good.

I'm hoping to do some work on the layout when I get home. My road to the small depot needs a coat of drywall mud. I've been dragging my feet because I need to be really careful not the drip on the finished ballast next to it. I'll just take my time I guess.

We continue the deep freeze for a few more days.

Have a good weekend everyone.
 
I received some freight cars in the mail yesterday. 1 AHM/Roco Kansas, Oklahoma and Gulf (KO&G) 41' reefer #30011, a Bachmann BN 50' reefer #26534, a Life-Like 40' Chessie System boxcar #26621 (sold in the industrial train line), a Rivarossi Southern gondola body #2207 and an AHM/Roco Florida East Coast (FEC) 40' PS-1 Box Car #21019.
 
Good Morning to all,
I can never seem to get to posting till around this time for some reason and that ticks me off but I get involved in talking with other too so I guess what the heck.

Hope everyone has a good day.
 
ICD= Implanted Cardioversion Device.

It is a combined Pacemaker/Defibrillator that helps my heart from going all guibbly, I have what is called VT (Ventricular Tachcardia)...the left ventricle goes into hyperspeed and then all the chambers go out of sync. The device basically slows the ventricle down and then resets my hearts natural rhythm.

As for the camera...I'm looking at about $500-800 range...I actually have a few small sheckles available...so it could be just about anything...


Hi Barry and thanks for the explination of the ICD abbreviation etc. I thought it was something like that but wasn't sure. Glad it's working good for you.


As far as a Camera if you want the ability of interchangeable lenses than you'll probably need to stay with a larger size body like the Fuji, Nikon or Canon and others. If you already have a digital camera, with interchangeable lens then you'll probably want to stay with the mfg as very probably your existing lenses will work, the choice is up to you.
 
I know you guys probably don't need a running commentary of my layout, but I'll share anyway!:o I have a quick and dirty coat of joint compound drying for my new road. I had to blend in the two crossings, shoulder, and other variations in terrain. I'm guessing I'll have to add another coat tomorrow, but it's moving right along.

It sure is a nice way to unwind after a stressful week. Thank God for trains.
 


I received some freight cars in the mail yesterday. 1 AHM/Roco Kansas, Oklahoma and Gulf (KO&G) 41' reefer #30011, a Bachmann BN 50' reefer #26534, a Life-Like 40' Chessie System boxcar #26621 (sold in the industrial train line), a Rivarossi Southern gondola body #2207 and an AHM/Roco Florida East Coast (FEC) 40' PS-1 Box Car #21019.

Good to here the Adirondack and Northern was able to pull of such a long distance interchange with the L&A.

Speaking of the Adirondack and Northern, they recieved another pair of locomotives today. SD75M and SD75I from the BNSF.

Which leads me to my next question to bother the nice people of the coffee shop. What do you do for the ditch lights? I read through the direction booklets, but i highly doubt "glueing the ditch light housing and sliding the bulbs through the bottom as close to the anticlimber as possible at a 90* angle" will make them light up. This is going to need to be soldered wont it? :(
 
Morning...just a coffee for now thanks...

Had a phonecall from a client about an issue last night...just got back home and now I need me some sleep...but I'll probs get another call...on-call is so much fun...

I'm going to check for a camera at Henry's this afternoon..if I be so lucky...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
What do you do for the ditch lights? I read through the direction booklets, but i highly doubt "glueing the ditch light housing and sliding the bulbs through the bottom as close to the anticlimber as possible at a 90* angle" will make them light up. This is going to need to be soldered wont it? :(
The Genesis kit engines had some pretty complicated things to assemble, and the ditch lights are one of them. If they are the hardwired bulbs, you will need to thread the wires through the holes in the mounting areas, through the pilot (at least the two I did were like that), up into the body, and over the mechanism to the circuit board. There should be a pair of little plastic clips to hold the wires on the board. Take your time, and be careful, the stuff is kind of fragile.
BTW, my LHS has a couple of BB C44-9W's, one in SP, the other in BNSF. He's selling them for their last MSRP, which was $59.95, if you're interested.
 
The Genesis kit engines had some pretty complicated things to assemble, and the ditch lights are one of them. If they are the hardwired bulbs, you will need to thread the wires through the holes in the mounting areas, through the pilot (at least the two I did were like that), up into the body, and over the mechanism to the circuit board. There should be a pair of little plastic clips to hold the wires on the board. Take your time, and be careful, the stuff is kind of fragile.
BTW, my LHS has a couple of BB C44-9W's, one in SP, the other in BNSF. He's selling them for their last MSRP, which was $59.95, if you're interested.


Thanks! Ill be using that post as an instruction booklet when i start out. Ive looked through the parts bags, cant wait to start those stupid plastic handrails and truck details. :rolleyes::D

Youd think Athearn could put metal handrails on a product like this, im pretty sure even the new ACes have plastic handrails too :cool:

Thanks again Terry
 
Well, currently 0* right now, without the wind chill. Tonight is the night were supposed to get to 25*... below zero. Believe it or not, this isnt the coldest ive ever seen. My record is a high of 28* below zero, plus a windchill. This happened to be on a weekend we went to camp, so inside it was about 80* a foot from the woodstove, and 40* 2 feet away. January in NY is usually a messed up month for weather. Its usually the coldest of the year, and then a week and a half later, we have 2-3 days of 40-50* weather, then it settles down to around 30 for the rest of winter. I guess what they say about the weather here is true, if your not happy with the weather, wait a couple minutes, itll change.

Not doing much today. Working on some school work and probably starting work on those new SDs. Yesterday was my track meet and then the hockey game with some friends.

As for my track meet yesterday, i did pretty well. 3rd overall in the 600, i didnt do so well in the 1000. The first turn i got kicked right in the knee that put me on crutches for 6 weeks a couple years ago. I took the rest of the 6 laps gingerly, and still lapped a couple kids :rolleyes:. I have no clue where i finished, probably in the top 5 but i crossed the finish line and went and sat down.

Have a good day everyone!
 
Morning gang!

BillT, I cant say what looks better,,,the sausage biscuits with gravy or the redhead!!! :D Guess I better stick with the coffee,,cuz both of them could damage my heart!:rolleyes:

Its chilly here too. Got to 15 last night, high today of 28, tonight is supposed to get down to 7 degrees :eek: brrrrrr!!

Not much on tap today,,just a grandsons birthday party to attend. Gonna just relax and try to stay warm.:)

Matt, if you are having trouble trying to get ditch light bulbs into housings, might I suggest the micro-mini LED's from Ulrich Models..
http://www.ulrichmodels.biz/servlet/StoreFront
SD70ACe_Lighting_Compare.jpg

They are like,crazy tiny and very bright!!:D

Heres a set I did, inside the Details West castings!
mmid305a.JPG


Oh, and at night!
Midland305%20005.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Karl, bulbs that can burn out ARE more prototypical. Of course, boxcars that crumple like tissue paper if they fall off the rails are more prototypical, too, but I don't think I want that, either.:rolleyes:
I have a CF7 with bulbs, and one of the headlight bulbs has burned out. Now I am going to have to unglue the bulb, and install a replacement. Whoopee...

Anyway, it was clear and 17 this morning, it's up to 28 now, and supposed to be 40 by afternoon. The current forecast is for snow Tuesday, and they say they have no clue how much of it. If we get ice along with the snow, I'll be staying home rather than getting in an accident trying to get to work. Those trailers will still be there the next day for me to fix.
 


Good morning. It's 35° and sunny. The high will be 57° with increasing cloudiness. We are expecting rain tonight and a low of 29°.

Today I'll be reworking the coupler pockets on one of the new boxcars. They're just a tad too high. I'll have to place a strip of plastic between each box and the car body. Later I'll see if I can come up with some MoW markings for the work caboose and some other MoW cars.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top