Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
We are up to a Full Double-Dog Bread and Milk Panic around here. Depending on which weather guesser you listen to we will have anywhere from 10 to 20 inches of snow. There won't be a loaf of bread on the shelves by noon in these parts.
 
Well, I'm glad that everyone has had a good Christmas! My Christmas eve was a pain. Had to put together so many toys for grandson that I spent all night Christmas Eve putting them together. I think that he finally has gotten the idea of Santa in his head! Not bad for a 11 month old. One of the things we got him was a Brio type setup. Trains, cars and trucks on a table that he can play with. His granny & I wanted to save this for a later Christmas, when he was older, but his mommy insisted that we go ahead and give it to him.

Hence the all nighter, putting it a a few other things together. I didn't realize, how much I missed doing that!;) But the first thing he saw was the train set and the first thing out of his mouth was "Choo,choo!" He has played with it all day, basically ignoring the rest of his presents!:D

I had a fabulous time with him and all the family was here. After the initial excitement, the rest of the day was spent quietly.

Rex & Glenn, I'm glad that yall had a good round of snow. :) Believe it or not, our snow was mixed with rain all day, and it was only after dark that it really turned into just snow.:mad: Meanwhile less than 2 miles from us, the ground is white in many places, but not here. Dammit, missed a good snow again!:mad:
 
12/26/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png


:confused:
 


Good morning. It's still snowing here, we have about 14" of this heavy wet white crap on the ground. The power went off twice more overnight, and the state has declared a state of emergency. Travel is advised against. I'm debating staying here and getting my butt chewed (or worse) for not showing up for work tomorrow. My wife is a nurse and has to be at work tomorrow, if it means she has to walk there. I'm not looking forward to the discussion, or the rest of the day.
 
Terry when we got a snow like that and they put out a travel advisory I just stay home. There have been folks arrested for getting out when the Emergency Management people say stay off the roads. That is very good advice because the snow plows do not need to try and navigate around stuck and stalled cars. I wonder where the Global Warming is this weekend?
 
9:30 a.m. and the Carolina snow ain't here yet! :(
The weatherguessers say we could see 4-6 inches or more out of it, but I ain't see nuttin yet!:(
At least I got the big tv now to watch football or train videos on!:D No snow on that screen!!! :D

Terry, 14 inches of that stuff shuts us down for days. Last years 24 inch snowfall kept me out of work for 3 days, and I've got a 4x4!
 
Good morning everyone.

It's kind of fun hearing someone else getting snow. I suppose it's not fun for you folks though. Speaking of panics, they are talking about a storm of the century up here for New Years. I guess as of today it's not suppose to be quite as bad as formerly predicted. However, they are still talking about three days of ice, snow, and blizzard conditions. Around here you don't get to stay home from work. You could show up a little late, but not make it at all is usually laughed at. Some of these storms I wished they would let my wife stay home. It can be quite treacherous going into town when the wind gets going.

I have to work a whopping four hour shift today, noon to four. What a complete waste of time! Since we're writing tuxedo orders for a high school winter dance, and it's the day after Christmas, we should be quite busy. The waste of a day comes in where the boss gives me a half day off to compensate for working Sunday. Well, I have to stop what I'm doing at eleven so I can get ready for work. Then I work until four and have to drive home. Well, it's four thirty by then. That shoots a good portion of the day in the ass! I guess I should be happy I have a job huh?

I'm hoping to continue work on the layout later today. I'm thinking gravel shoulders for the highway are in order. We'll see what kind of mood I'm in after my day at work.

I hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas and enjoyed your families. I had a great time between the two days. No train related gifts, but I got cash which is almost the same thing!:D

Have a good day everyone.
 
HeeHeeHeee...:p:D:D

I got a 4 week LOA because of the defibrillator being put in me...and it was a PAID LOA....HeeHeeHee...:D:D:rolleyes:

...as per the Spokeo thing...did anyone notice the number of snoop groups out there?:eek::eek:
 
Hi fellows! You know the (wet)snow I told you about; stopped about an hour after I posted. Yeah not much of it, but still added to the excitement. About 30 miles north and west of here at least got a good dusting. Right now, we have 34* with ice cold gusty winds and light flurries.

Dang, it's almost lunchtime and I still feel groggy. I stayed up until the wee hours last night going through the manual for our new Canon Rebel T2i . That thing has more buttons on it than a girl's blouse in the backseat :D. The plus is the "Auto" setting that allows camera dummies like me to shoot excellent photos under varying conditions. It will also take HD video w/sound and you can get ~50 minutes on a 16Gb memory...much longer with lesser resolution settings. Hopefully, I can soon get some decent layout photos for the virtual tour section. The downside of it all: the wife is now going to start playing with photography as a hobby:(:D.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy a rest the "Day After".:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


merry late christmas to everybody! I hauled it in this xmas. I got a gp38-2 in csx dark phase colors, I got a new air rifle, a beeman sportser it 177 cal.( varmint hunting during the fall). I also got a new watch that will remeber 25 names and phone numbers. It is too slick! I really am having a blast with my new engine thoufg. I am going to put constant ended lighting. I'll have to take apart one of my gp9s to figure out how I did it. Now that all the toys are unwrapped and the mess cleaned up, it's time to get me a big rum and coke and relax. amerry drunks to all and a vey merry night!
 
Well, I may lose my dirty old man license after today.
Too many iced over bridges on the highways for me to go down to Mcwane Center today.
However, I did kick back in the recliner for a couple hours this afternoon to review the big and little girls in their new Christmas outfits. I doubt the real thing can be any better than my dreams!

I got an Lionel Polar Express battery powered G scale train to go under the Chrismas tree in place of the HO John Deere set there now. It should be easier to re-rail the trains with the larger scale.

I hope everyone stays warm and safe over the next week to have a Happy New Year!!
 
We're back home. We left about an hour and a half after my post above. State of emergency or no, my wife is not allowed to miss work unless she is dead, and then a death certificate is required. I'm being called to dinner, more later.


Okay, we had fun getting out of the driveway, and up the hill out of the neighborhood, then down to US19. There's a 13% grade down that was pretty nerve-wracking, with US19 at the bottom, and a stop sign. There was snow and ice galore until we got the East side of Asheville. From that point on, there were snow plows and salt trucks, and things were pretty much melted, if not completely dry. Except, of course, for Black Mountain. The Eastern Continental Divide was still covered in snow and ice, and made for tough going. Not going up, but going down. Just like in railroading, almost any clown can hold their foot down on the gas pedal going up, but it takes a lot of finesse going back down. We made it, though, without running off the road or running anybody else off the road. No dents in the car, though it's pretty much covered in road salt. As soon as the weather thaws out, I'll be headed to the car wash.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well my sister and I went out to eat this evening. On the way we stopped at Stage so I could turn my new coat in. The zipper on it had failed as in come apart completely. I didn't want to get another one from that maker so I looked around and found a better one. Just my size too. 2XL. It's a Dri-Duck and is very comfortable and very warm. It was on sale and was still on a special Christmas sale plus an additional 20% off. So I got a $180 coat for $70 (could have gotten it much cheaper online but I'm not the one paying for it) - the exchange value of the other one. And the zipper is MUCH better quality, all metal, not that plastic trash. I like plastic on my trains but not my coats.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We're back home. We left about an hour and a half after my post above. State of emergency or no, my wife is not allowed to miss work unless she is dead, and then a death certificate is required. I'm being called to dinner, more later.


Okay, we had fun getting out of the driveway, and up the hill out of the neighborhood, then down to US19. There's a 13% grade down that was pretty nerve-wracking, with US19 at the bottom, and a stop sign. There was snow and ice galore until we got the East side of Asheville. From that point on, there were snow plows and salt trucks, and things were pretty much melted, if not completely dry. Except, of course, for Black Mountain. The Eastern Continental Divide was still covered in snow and ice, and made for tough going. Not going up, but going down. Just like in railroading, almost any clown can hold their foot down on the gas pedal going up, but it takes a lot of finesse going back down. We made it, though, without running off the road or running anybody else off the road. No dents in the car, though it's pretty much covered in road salt. As soon as the weather thaws out, I'll be headed to the car wash.

Hey Terry US19 there ain't nothing like the US19 here going from skyway north to my house? Now that's scarry!lols
 
Hey Terry US19 there ain't nothing like the US19 here going from skyway north to my house? Now that's scarry!lols
Up here, Useless 19 is a narrow, winding, steep, 2 lane road that wanders all over the place, sometimes joining other roads for short jaunts of 4 lane travel. It's not my choice to travel here any more than there, for different reasons.
 
A few inches of fresh snow this morning, i guess where supposed to get about 8 more. Im supposed to have practice today, but with this weather im not sure, my cell phone is waiting for the call to stay home and snowblow :rolleyes: I should get a new switcher today though. Maybe ill start painting a GP today too.

Have a good one.
 


Merry Christmas Everyone
Hope your all having fun, the eastern snow troubles have been on the TV today, we have started to thaw out today but it's all going to freeze solid tonight with 6" of snow forecast in the night ;) . I came down with the dreaded swine flu christmas day and have been really sick, just getting up and about today, couldnt even be bothered to read my christmas presents, 2 paperback books of which i have no interest, why done people ask what you'd like instead of surprising you with tat, i know it's the thought that counts but i have said many times if you insist on getting me something give me the money and i'll put it towards something useful
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top