ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Google Santa tracker shows Santa hitting Birmingham, Alabama.
Last I saw of the jolly fat guy he was heading for Maui Hawaii at 3:16 this am.
12/25/2010
Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

Merry Christmas every one hope every one has a nice safe day today.
(I'm bracing for what could be a nasty winter storm tomorrow)
Good morning/afternoon/whatever it may be where you are. It's 42° here at the present time and won't get much warmer as the high today will be only 47°. It will cool down more towards evening and the low will be around 26°. No family festivities yet as we're holding off until my father gets home from work. That will be about 2:30 (central) then the mad dash to the tree will begin. Well, they can dash and I'll follow along at my top speed of 2 mph. I've been keeping busy this morning getting my cameras ready, making sure the batteries are charged and that they have good cards in them. I've also checked out the tripod and find it to be in good order. I must remember to take a small flat tip screwdriver with me so I can easily mount one of the cameras to the tripod. I so want to catch the look of surprise on the face of my niece's brother-in-law when he unwraps one of his gifts and finds a toy monster truck then turns it over and finds the real surprise on the bottom of it. The keys to a real truck! His jaw should hit the floor with a resounding thud. Until later, enjoy your Christmas day.
. I so want to catch the look of surprise on the face of my niece's brother-in-law when he unwraps one of his gifts and finds a toy monster truck then turns it over and finds the real surprise on the bottom of it. The keys to a real truck! His jaw should hit the floor with a resounding thud. Until later, enjoy your Christmas day.
I want to see that reaction on video
I want to see that reaction on video
Somebody will have to catch it on video with better equipment than I have. My cameras do video but it's grainy and there's no control of the focus and zoom.
Bah Hum Bug. Just the wifey and me sitting here napping and watching some Christmas parade or other TV junk. The kids and grand kids here tomorrow. Still in my jammeys and no plans to get dressed today. This is the life.
Christmas morning is done! Hooray!! Now on to the BBQing of the turkey for the family. Should be a good dinner

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all!
Merry Christmas from snowy Moody,AL! I guess Mikey and CJ are snowed in. LOL
Our Christmas has been an adventure. I got a call on Thursday that my father had been found in his apt. incoherent and was being taken to the hospital. So my son(who was visiting from FL) and I came from Mobile to Moody. We got there in time for them to return my father from the hospital.
Friday, my wife and grandkids came up to join us so we could still have Christmas together.
Christmas day got off to an early start as I was awoken by my father calling for me as he had fallen trying to go to the bathroom. Managed to get him up and back to bed.
The grandkids had a good time opening presents. My son and his kids are off to visit the kids other grandparents. The rest of Christmas should be quiet.
Thanks for listening!
Merry Christmas!
Glenn
Merry Christmas again everyone! I just had to report: we have snow coming down pretty good now. Temps still around 35 and dropping fast, but don't think it will cause any problems or much accumulation. What the heck, I haven't even seen a snow flake on Christmas in decades. Usually, you don't need a coat and short sleeves have been worn
We still haven't opened presents, as the wife is at work doing her duty as a nurse. She will bring my Mom with her when she gets off work and then.....Whoppee time!

Have a GREAT ONE!

Merry Christmas folks
It is 32 F with a high of 34 F. We are under a Level 2 Bread and Milk Panic, aka Winter Storm Watch. We are expecting 6 to 8 inches of snow starting tomorrow night and into Monday. Some people must be going absolutely bonkers since the stores are closed and they can’t go out and get their 10 loaves of bread, 5 gallons of milk, and tow cases of toilet paper. Of course I have to do the biweekly grocery shopping tomorrow. It is going to be a nightmare.
Christmas was good. I did not get any train stuff. I did not ask for any this year. I have enough projects to keep me busy once I find the time.
Time to go start the ham.
I hope everybody has a good day.
Well, Well, well........I just got back from christmas dinner!

I spent it at my GF's parents Church! Where her dad is the preacher @




Man, I haven't been so nervous.... Her dad didn't pay me much mind he was preoccupied by his baby grand daughter...But Dana's mom sat right across from me. She didn't ask as many questions as i thought she would

just studied me, but I'm sure the line of questioning will be comming soon enough at a future dinner! They seem nice enough, not much diffrent than what i'm us too

. We'll see down the road....
I'm glad most of you are enjoying your time with the familys, I'm sitting back enjoying a rum and coke....and fixing to play with my trains some.....See if I can stand after my stiff drink though...... I will be at the throttle toasted

MRRWI!


call the cops. hehehehehe got to move see ya soon
I had an enjoyable Christmas day. I got a 2 ton jack for my van along with a pair of 2 ton jack stands (my nephew says I can just leave those with him if I don't have space for them. Yeah, right!), a new jacket, just my size, small tent. A pair of seat covers for the van. I really needed them. The seats are so threadbare that the foam is showing. I also got a new (to me) camera tripod. It's been up in a closet at my parents place for the last 25 years and they decided it should go to someone who is going to use it. It's much heavier than the one I've been using. My old one will flip over in a light breeze. This new one won't. It cost like $35 at Wal-Mart in 1985 and is heavy enough to do curls with.
Nutin from Santa as expected. Bout a month ago I got a new dust collector for the wood shop bid on a diamond ring on the local PBS TV station fund raising auction and got it. The was and unexpected $400 expense but it did get me a whole bunch of brownie points with Glendia. Then on Black Friday picked up a 17.3" HP laptop from which I am posting while listening to The Prairie Home Companion on the local NPR radio station. I sure do enjoy listening to Garrison Keillor(sp?). It sure has felt good to stay in my PJ's all day. Did not even venture out doors at all. When we got home from midnight Mass the daily newspaper was in the box so it was read before 2AM 3 hours before normal delivery time. A very uneventful day which I really enjoyed. Tomorrow I will go to the home and retrieve my parents for a few hours and the grand kids along with their parents will be here most of the day. I have been informed that WE WILL THE WATCH COLTS/RAIDERS game at 4PM. Oh well I can always take a nap. One son in=law is an avid Raiders fan while the other is a Redskins fan. Both girls are Colts fans. Will be an interesting afternoon.
Just a note: MRRWI Not a good Idea! No drinky while MRRing, more models get broke and less get fixed......Just a new found thing. LOL's
It's 39° (28° wind chill) right now and we're expecting a low of 26°. Tomorrow will be somewhat cooler that today was. The high is due to be 50° and the low 23°. In simpler language it's gonna be cold. Fortunately there's no sign of rain or worse yet, snow. I know where I'm gonna be tomorrow. Right here by the heater! I set up the new tripod to see how it looks. That's a big metal monster that is. It's so big I can't spread the legs all the way open inside my trailer. It was designed to hold a 10 - 20 pound video camera. The heaviest of my cameras will be like a feather to it and I can use it with my old Olympus camera with no concern of it tilting. The tripod mount on the Olympus is way off center as if it was put in as an after thought. On my light weight tripod it would tilt several degrees no matter how I tried correcting it. On this one it sits level and the tripod won't vibrate in a 15 to 20 mph wind because it spreads open so far and the legs have cleats to help keep it from shifting. I like this thing.
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Merry Christmas from Asheville, NC. It's been snowing since 7:30 this morning, and there is almost a foot of snow on the ground. The power went off, leaving us to gather around the fireplace to keep warm. It came back on about an hour ago, I hope it will remain on the rest of the night.
Leaving tomorrow should be fun, the driveway here is very steep (and slippery).
No model rr stuff for Christmas, though I did get a Kindle I specifically told my wife I didn't want. Maybe I should tell my wife I don't want a new 4wd truck...
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)