Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all I like this new place it seems just like the old one.

In other news stopped by a local jeweler today and got most of the set up work done on an engagement ring from my gf. Got the stones band and settings all set just need to find a bank to rob to pay for it.

Reminds me of an old joke;

How is marraige like a circus?

It has 3 rings,
And engagement ring. a wedding ring, and suffe-ring!! :D

Naaah,, seriously, congratulations on taking the big step. Are ya gonna rob the bank before, or after the holidays??
 
Good morning. It's 39° and mostly sunny. The high should be 56° with increasing cloudiness. The high for Christmas Eve is expected to be 65°.

Today I'm toying with an idea about tearing down an old caboose and combining parts of it with a 50' flatcar to make some kind of work caboose. I had been thinking about trying to get some work done on the layout today (and I still might) but right now my ankle hurts too much to be on my feet for more than a few minutes. I do hope that nothing else comes up today but that may be asking too much.

I still have my sale of HO items going. There are still 12 items left on the list. Only today and tomorrow left.
 


Well its gonna be an interesting next few days. Work on the layout has been suspended until after Christmas. My wife has a ton of Honeydos that she wants done. NOW!;)

Talk about the weather! Its supposed to go to 65 here today with partly cloudy skies, winds NNW 15-25MPH. Tommorrow is supposed to be a little cooler, with Friday cooler still. Then the fun starts! The weather guessers here are predicting rain late Friday night, changing over to snow for Christmas, and flurries into Sunday. There are possibilities of up to an inch in some areas around here in B'ham, and areas south. This is real interesting because since records have been kept here starting in 1880, other than a few Christmases with trace amounts, there has never been a white Christmas here in the classic sense.

The bread and milk panic has begun!:D
Nothing like a milk sandwich on a cold day!:D:D Man, even flurries would be a wonderful experience. I do hope we get enough to cover the ground. I believe that it was in the fifty's the last time I saw snow on Christmas...Owensboro, Kentucky

Glen, when I was stationed at Brookley AFB there in Mobile (~1965), it snowed an inch on New Year's eve. Man, it threw the whole town in panic.LOL:D

Be AWARE: Fellows are you on Facebook? Do you know about Spokeo.com? Well, Spokeo has a lot of your personal information, including a photo of your home, income, address, email, wife's name, hobbies, etc. Yes, there are a lot of snoop sites, but this one is cheap and easy...thanks in part to Facebook that really pisses me off. You can close your info by searching your name, then using the URL for that page in the Privacy section located lower right corner of page (small print) I'm closing my Facebook account tonight.
 
Be AWARE: Fellows are you on Facebook? Do you know about Spokeo.com? Well, Spokeo has a lot of your personal information, including a photo of your home, income, address, email, wife's name, hobbies, etc. Yes, there are a lot of snoop sites, but this one is cheap and easy...thanks in part to Facebook that really pisses me off. You can close your info by searching your name, then using the URL for that page in the Privacy section located lower right corner of page (small print) I'm closing my Facebook account tonight.
That's one of the reasons I have nothing to do with Facebook.
 
Be AWARE: Fellows are you on Facebook? Do you know about Spokeo.com? Well, Spokeo has a lot of your personal information, including a photo of your home, income, address, email, wife's name, hobbies, etc. Yes, there are a lot of snoop sites, but this one is cheap and easy...thanks in part to Facebook that really pisses me off. You can close your info by searching your name, then using the URL for that page in the Privacy section located lower right corner of page (small print) I'm closing my Facebook account tonight.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2010/04/07/spokeo-com-scam.htm
 
Reminds me of an old joke;

How is marraige like a circus?

It has 3 rings,
And engagement ring. a wedding ring, and suffe-ring!! :D

Naaah,, seriously, congratulations on taking the big step. Are ya gonna rob the bank before, or after the holidays??

planning after the holidays let every one else rob the banks before hand trying to pay off their credit cards
 
Good afternoon All,

Interestingly enough I get on the Spokeo site and type in my name and it tells me there 3652 in Calif. but won't let me go any further?? So I'm not sure what's going on? I do know that I don't like the way too many seem to think they have a right to infringe on other individuals personal lives. That Sucks Big time.

It's been cold to some extent in my neck of the woods and I did get a fair amound or rain
but it doesn't seem like snow at this time but things could change here in the hills.


I down loaded a couple of the Scenery articles from Model Railroad Hobbiest Magazine by Joe Fugate and I also had to down load Real Player as his videos are in MPeg format and so far I still can't get Real Player to function?? So I can't watch anything I down loaded yet.

Take care.
 
I get to deliver a motor home in the mountains Friday afternoon. I only hope the weather holds off until after I drop it off, I don't want to go sliding down the side of a mountain...
Our company Christmas party, excuse me, luncheon, is tomorrow at noon. They stopped serving booze a couple of years ago after the "ice bucket incident". Too bad they won't tell me what that incident was, it sounds interesting.;)
I stopped in to pick up the cake I ordered last week, and found out they sold it to somebody else:mad:. They gave me a different one off-the-shelf, but it's not what I wanted. It seems to be not uncommon around here to have this happen. I guess it could be worse, at least I got a cake...:rolleyes:

I feel pretty sorry for that Stripper that pops out of that the cake that was sold to someone else!:eek: I hope it didn;t got to a kids christmas party!:D
 


Thats it, on call from now till 8pm christmas day, hope nobody has a fire in the next two days.

Happy Christmas everyone, may you get everything you desire,,, inc you Mikey ;)
 
I feel pretty sorry for that Stripper that pops out of that the cake that was sold to someone else!:eek: I hope it didn;t got to a kids christmas party!:D
I was the only one that was supposed to bring a dessert. Everybody else was supposed to bring buns, side dishes, sodas, etc. The boss brought 10 pounds of BBQ. I brought my miscake, like I was supposed to. Everybody else brought a dessert instead of what they were supposed to bring. So, we had BBQ, buns (that the boss had to run out and buy), several 2 liters of Coke (that the boss had to go get as well), and 17 different desserts. Nothing else. We had cake, banana pudding, 3 different cheesecakes, a picnic basket full of cookies, several tins of cookies, cupcakes, ice cream (WTF? It's 25 degrees out, and they brought ice cream!??), and donuts. I had one slice of the cake I brought, everyone else loaded up on desserts, and then flew around the building the rest of the day.:eek: I'd hate to have taken anybody's blood sugar levels after lunch...:rolleyes:
Other than that, there were no fist fights, and I got to hear the story of the ice maker. Somebody got drunk and puked in the ice maker, and didn't tell anyone. Y'all can fill in the blanks...
 
Just sizing up the body for my work caboose project.

P1011392.jpg
 
Yup! That is why I underlined "...thanks in part" to Facebook. Our info is everywhere, but hasn't been so cheaply and easily available as Spokeo. Facebook has this integration to advance their new page software: something about connecting faces with info.

Cancelling Facebook is just another way I can make life more difficult for the snoops. I wouldn't have signed up for it, but my daughter insisted on the connection. Fortunately, I had little info there other than mon/day birth, politics, religion, city, but the Spokeo even had a photo of my house, phone, age, wife, income, hobbies, and God only knows what when you pay the couple of bucks to get more. In truth, I believe Facebook to be a huge waste of time and better left to the bubble-gummers. BAH Humbug!

O yee subjects of little faith.
Yee doth hath no one to blame but thyself
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yup! That is why I underlined "...thanks in part" to Facebook. Our info is everywhere, but hasn't been so cheaply and easily available as Spokeo. Facebook has this integration to advance their new page software: something about connecting faces with info.

Cancelling Facebook is just another way I can make life more difficult for the snoops. I wouldn't have signed up for it, but my daughter insisted on the connection. Fortunately, I had little info there other than mon/day birth, politics, religion, city, but the Spokeo even had a photo of my house, phone, age, wife, income, hobbies, and God only knows what when you pay the couple of bucks to get more. In truth, I believe Facebook to be a huge waste of time and better left to the bubble-gummers. BAH Humbug!

O yee subjects of little faith.
Yee doth hath no one to blame but thyself
I was coerced into signing up, and gave my real first name, wrong last name, and a bogus address. Now I can log on if I have to (and hope I don't), and the only thing (maybe) they know about me is the city my IP address is from.
 
AS normal, my day off didn't go as I planned
In fact, the plans I had are complete chaos now!
So.... Let me wish each and every one of you a Merrry Christmas now! If you are not religious, may you have a happy Holiday Season.

Oh, Steve B., thanks for the good wishes!!
 
Good morning. It's a cool, crisp morning here, though I'm not sure how cool. Somebody seems to have broken the thermometer at the weather service for here. I think it's about 26, and may get up to the mid 30's. I hope the bad stuff waits until I get where I have to be today. I don't want to get trapped in a snowbank and have to eat my own arm to keep from starving, or something...:eek:
 


Finally Christmas Break!

Probably finishing up my Christmas shopping today, still need my sisters and my dads gifts. The gift i was going to give him, his employees apparently bought. :rolleyes: Probably get my sister a case for her phone and some kind of candy, then maybe some hunting item for my dad, maybe something for his truck...

Later we go to my moms parents and open presents and have dinner over there. Tommorow morning the actions at our house. Im tempted to snoop at the presents, i really think i got a new cell phone, or a new ipod. I wouldnt be surprised to see a new deer rifle wrapped up as well. Just a hunch :D

Over break, ill we working on repairing/upgrading the large lot of cars and locomotives that arrived yesterday. I havent counted a total yet, but i think theres about 60 cars, and i plan on finally being able to run a long train. Im not 100% set on what to do with the locomotives. The GP40 is getting patched, and the F unit might be getting an executive scheme, but thats all im considering at this point.

Hope everyone has a good day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top