Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All. Just wanted to stop in and say Hello,and to wish everyone here, Merry Christmas,and Happy Holidays. Also to say,that I hope that all of you have an Awesome day,and if you are traveling somewhere,that you get there,and home again safe. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, HAPPY HOLIDAYS from the Castle. Peace. William. :D:cool:.
 
Good morning. It's 44° and sunny. The high is due to be 63° and it will be becoming mostly cloudy.

Hello from the bayou state on this sunny (for now) Christmas eve. I have layout work on the schedule for today for as long as I can stand it. When the ankle says no more then that's it. I'll have to get off my feet for probably the rest of the day so I'll have to make the most of what usable standing time I have. There's nothing hard on the schedule, just mixing and spreading plaster. That of course includes numerous trips from the kitchen to the area I'm work on, say ten feet each way. If it gets another step in the layout construction completed then it will be well worth the pain I'll have to endure. Time to stop talking about it and get to it. That plaster isn't going to mix and spread itself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To all that share the Spirit of the Season!

Small_Christmas_Card_Email.jpg
 


Yup! That is why I underlined "...thanks in part" to Facebook. Our info is everywhere, but hasn't been so cheaply and easily available as Spokeo. Facebook has this integration to advance their new page software: something about connecting faces with info.

Cancelling Facebook is just another way I can make life more difficult for the snoops. I wouldn't have signed up for it, but my daughter insisted on the connection. Fortunately, I had little info there other than mon/day birth, politics, religion, city, but the Spokeo even had a photo of my house, phone, age, wife, income, hobbies, and God only knows what when you pay the couple of bucks to get more. In truth, I believe Facebook to be a huge waste of time and better left to the bubble-gummers. BAH Humbug!

O yee subjects of little faith.
Yee doth hath no one to blame but thyself

Hey look......who left this soap box here?:confused:

My 2 cent's/ JMO on this subject and I'll Leave it at that......

If you are Alive or dead in this day and AGE...."Privacy and Keeping your Personal Info, Personal.....is a Mission Impossible!" It's like...."If Someone wants what's in your HOUSE to rob it....THEY will get into your house and they got a 50/50 chance of getting away with it if they use their brains!! (Thank God 99% of thieves are stupid!)" Your Personal info weather or not your online or not is out there for the ones that want your personal info badly enough and Smart enough to get it.... Take all the steps you want to slow them down.....but one day they will get you!

As for Facebook being a waist of time.....YES, Yes it is to most out there! But what isn't a waist of time? I can make that same clam that just about anything any one does that I don't like to do, Work is a big waist of time! or Standing in line at the store is a big waist of time! Looking at modern ART! Watching Golf on TV! ect....A waist of time is in the eye's of the beholder........My ex-wife thought being married to me was a waist of time:mad:! I have heard say that, "Model Railroading was a Waist of time!" OH GOD Noooooooo:eek:

Let me get off this damn soap box!:mad: Will someone burn this evil thing.....
 
Chris, all I can reply is: OUCH!
Even though I said, "I believe...", I guess that I could have been more clear and said, "...a waste of my time;).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha Ha,,, Sorry Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas

Who's that sat in Humbug Corner, why it's The Grinch Himself

;)

Have a most wonderful Christmas Everyone, even the Grinch
 
I arrived at my destination, more or less in one piece. there were several issues that cropped up on the motorhome, though. Like the heater cores both started leaking. I had to shut down the heaters, clamp off the hoses, and drive like that. Did I mention it's cold out? I finally grew a brain and fired up the generator, and turned on the rooftop heat pumps. Of course, instead of 8mpg it got 5, but I didn't have to buy the fuel...
I've been watching the news, and am starting to realize it could be worse, I could still be living in California where they're having muddy floods.
 


Chris, all I can reply is: OUCH!
Even though I said, "I believe...", I guess that I could have been more clear and said, "...a waste of my time;). Maybe then, it would not have been taken so personal. Sorry if it upset you.

Wasn't taken Personal my friend..........Just that "a waist of time", is Really more of a Personal Opinion (JMO), My bad I didn't see the "I believe" Just seen the Waist of time. Although Most of my friends are there and here. IMO FB and Here is a great tool to talk to loved ones and friends in the masses and is a shame that Our general info is sold and traded at will against our will by these sites and it's the chance we take everytime we log on to "Any Site!". and JMO, This site just as easily can and probably does traid off some our personal E-mail/Personal info to proffit some and to keep going, we Just don't know fer sure....

H-Rex, Only person able to upset me is the EX....:rolleyes: You my friend can't upset me...Correction.... if you pull a plate of food away from of me while I'm eating......we might get in it or Ya pull back a nub!;):D Lasgna is on the menue for tonight:p Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, drool!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha Ha,,, Sorry Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas

Who's that sat in Humbug Corner, why it's The Grinch Himself

;)

Have a most wonderful Christmas Everyone, even the Grinch

Ho, Ho, Ho, is politcaly in correct!

It should be...

Woman of the night, Woman of the Night, Woman Of the night.......:D



Hey, Merry Christmas to all my friends here! Or if the Christmas word offends....Happy non-dominational Holiday Off from work to ya!:D
 
Chris:
Lasgna is on the menue for tonight Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, drool!
Just email me some and I won't tell Facebook what you did last weekend.:rolleyes: :D
Merry Christmas and I wish you the best, REX
 
Good afternoon folks.

I just got done shoveling the sidewalk for the third time today. We got another four inches of the white stuff last night. I have to say, I'm getting sick of it already and it's the third day of winter, officially of course.;)

I sanded and painted my highway today while waiting for guests to arrive. The road is too uniform right now but I hope it gets better after some weathering. I'm thinking I need to lighten it and darken it at the same time. Maybe Sunday I'll get the chance.

My whole family is coming over tonight as Christmas Eve is our big day. I have a twelve pound, standing rib roast on the counter! Nothing better than prime rib to get the spirit moving. That and a little nog of course. We've added a few guests this year to the usual bunch so it should be pretty crowded. The more the merrier!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday! Whatever floats your boat.:D

Have a good day.
 
My niece's brother-in-law (17) has convinced himself that he's getting a truck for Christmas. She went out today and bought a Matchbox monster truck. She attached a surprise to the bottom of it then painted it dark green and wrapped it up. I so want to see the look on his face when he (#1) unwraps it and (#2) when he turns it over. That should be PRICELESS!!
 
Merry Christmas to one and all!

However, Santa Claus has already clued me in on who is getting a lump of coal this year, here on the forum. :eek:

It was a close race this year, with one members antics jumping out to an early lead, however a surprise contender arrived at the end of the marking period proving that you can't always count a good old letch out!

Chris St. Nick told me that if you would have started one less DMSF this year, than Mikey would have gotten the coal. But as the points were tallied, you still came out on top.:eek:;):p

Isn't it ironic, the guy getting the coal models diseasels!:D

Well, I'm off to the egg nog,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't wait up for me,,,da wyf says I got somethin to unwrap later! ;)
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top