Wpf 10-23/10-29

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Selector wrote:

MLW, is that a C-Liner in your second image? I sure like that shot, and the weathered rolling stock in the others is amazing!!

Thank you so much Crandell. Sorry for the late reply: Yes. It is a C-Liner (P1K) one of my best puller.

I have done some "modification" on it: transfer/installed a sound decoder -EMD- from a broken SD40.:(
It's all good because on my RR, SL&C is a weird outfit that keeps older loco and modified them when
the ocasion present itself. Since the C-Liner is a good main-line engine, heck! it keeps it going longer.
Sounds is great and when you look at the rooftop you clearly see there's been a change in the "powerplant".

Sooooo there's some mod on the rooftop (EMD powerplant fans, exhaust etc.)
to represent the mod (which I did). So, it's plausible on my RR, and it allows me to keep
running the C-Liner when I "updated" the layout, from late 1980's to mid
1990's (or so):) By that time there was no C-Liner in use anywhere:D

Thanks for the weathering. I'm going for the "light weathering" right now, and haven't done much lately.
Lots scenery however.

By the way Love your pics and layout
 
By the way great stuff as always guys!

Lots and lots of great shot/pics and great modelling.
icon14.gif


GGP, that's an awesome coaling tower and loco.

Rhoward, yes I can see you smile all the way up here!!!:)
Congratulations and great pic. Way to go!
icon14.gif


NYSW F45. Sweet gift! Great wife!!

Thanks for sharing everyone
icon14.gif



.
 


Gary, nice work on all the details on that coaling tower. I'm sure it will look as good as Ray's when you're done.

Ray, if you hadn't gotten the merit award, I was going to offer to hunt down the judges and taser them for you. They don't know how easy they got off. :eek: Very well deserved award indeed.

Gary, I made two working street lights using brass tubing and then drilling out the crystal bead to accept a 14 volt mini bulb. The facets on the crystal bead look very much like the fresenel lens on modern post style street lights when they are lighted. They look good as dummys also but I'm kind of a street light fanatic. I've got about 40 working lights of different varieties on my dinky layout.

Steve, congratulations on the anniversary. I assume she must really love you to give you two nice engines like that instead of a tie. :)
 
Working on a couple of patched GP60's. Getting the details all installed.

100_4802.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a little early for thinking of beer......
picture.php


picture.php


Pic from the old layout:
picture.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, I tried lighting the beads with fiber optics, but it didn't produce enough light. I'll have to try your trick.
 
Jerome, it seems so odd not see an SW1500 in your pictures. :) Looks like the GP-60's will be nice engines when you're done. Planning on selling any?

Jeffrey, that GP-40 needs some high speed running to clear all the dust from the body. :)

Chris, how would I know you'd have a fleet of beer reefers? :D Nice B&W shot of the 2-8-2.

Gary, fiber optics aren't too good at all-around lighting. You can get the 14 volt mini bulbs at Radio Shack and they are plenty bright inside the bead. Just take it slow when you drill so you don't crack the bead.
 
Jim, I believe I have 13 beer Reefers in my collection! My food and Beverage warehouse should be well stocked!





My wife's favorite cars, "Hug's and Kisses!"
picture.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I finally got back to work on the Tichy Train Group Falt Crs I have been assembling. I have started painting the plastic "wood" deck on the car to try to make it look something like wood instead of plastic that looks a little like wood........ The cars were spray painted black first then several colors were added with some light rough sanding after the first coat (earth). The one on the left is almost done, the one on the right has had the coat of earth and awaits sanding after it has dried completely.

Let me know what you think about it. I am very open to suggestions as this is the first time i have tried this technique. The car should ended up like a car that has hauled a lot of revenue.

TichyFlat05w.png
 
I think they look good! Especially the one on the left (the one that is finished)
You got it right. It does looks like wood. Great weathering looks real
icon14.gif
 
Hello everyone! I've been here a week and you've all made we feel very welcomed! Thanks!

Here's a few pics I took in Jan '08. Things have been changing on the layout but not too much in these sections.

First another view of the Neenah skyline, made to appear larger by the old mirror trick.

Then the Neenah Union Station, a bash of the Cornerstone Bailey's S&L. I had to cut off one arched window bay
to get it to fit. I also thought it needed a clock. So here's my wife going through some jewerly her father had left her.
Stuff like tie pins and cuff links that nobody wears anymore. She's ready to get rid of it all when I notice this cuff link
time piece. I take it and put it to the window bay and it fits! Okay the golds a bit much around the frame but you
got to do it. Yes, it does work. The tracks (finally some trains!) are really the mainline, but it's the best way I could
figure out to do a big city station in my space.

Now for structure I found at a garage sale the AL Katz coal mine #2. It ends up the family of this gentlemen
(recently passed away)was selling off his layout. My son and I got some very good buys. I had planned a mine in
this section but this one didn't fit. So I rebuilt the area to fit this really well done model. I made sure I asked his name
so I could name in his honor. My cost? $5.00 The last one of course is Photoshopped.
 

Attachments

  • Railroad Jan 2008 (1) (Medium).JPG
    Railroad Jan 2008 (1) (Medium).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 299
Ray, those are some amazing decks. Care to do up a few for me!?

Maybe just post a step-by-step how to?
 
Ray, those are some amazing decks. Care to do up a few for me!?

Maybe just post a step-by-step how to?

Thank you Josh and MLW! Let me get these finished and I will start a new thread on how I did them. I have finished the other car to the same point as the first tonight.
 
Gary, Noticed you had a lot of the Bachmann Plus skyscrapers & their other buildings. I have that same building you have. The dark green one, but mines the original kit color.
Did you buy them when they were on sale or had to pay full price?
 
Ray, that finished flat car looks exactly like wood. I would never guess it was plastic. It's probably a little late now, since you'll ruin the paint job, but I'd have made some gouges in the deck to simulate damage from previous loads.

Jeffrey, that engine looks much better now. :)

Gary, great kitbash to turn the Bailey S&L into a station. Geez, $5 for that coal mine. I never find deals like that. :( Any idea what company made the kit? The builder did a nice job on it, and it looks good where you have it. If you PS a lighted Christmas tree into that lighted mine window, you'll have a perfect Christmas card with that last shot. :D
 


Larry, A LHS was closing out the Bachmann's $13 to $22 a pop. I bought up six of them. Should have bought the two remaining. The green tower's back wall is tan and black. You can only view it reflected in the mirror so it looks like a different building. I'm working on the streets around it now and it's on my to do list to fix the base so it's no longer leaning.

Jim, I was hoping someone here could identify the coal mine. It's all wood and is really nicely built. I can't find a kit like it listed anywhere. Might be from scratch.

I kind of was going for the Christmas card thing. I notice a monthly photo contest on the site. How about a mock Christmas card theme for December?

You know, the smaller building's and details have cost me more then the large skyscrapers and the mine and stuff have. I also have a bunch of ceramic Roadside USA buildings that look very nice that I got for a fraction of their list prices. If it wasn't for a few great deals, my layout would be a praire!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top