Wpf 10-23/10-29

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


GrampysTrains and Selector, wonderfull shots!
icon14.gif
 
Just took a fast freight for a spin and snapped some pics.
Yes the train was moving ( -hence lack of focus-)

Lots of scenery to do yet. Benchwork and tracklaying 80% completed.

Hopefully this winter I will be far, far, ahead and I can post pics of the "newer" part of the layout with basic scenery in place. :)

Cheerio



attachment.php

.
.
attachment.php

.
.
attachment.php

.
.
attachment.php






.


.
 


Just taking some photos on the layout today.

First, the old 0-6-0 collecting dust as it rusts away beside the engine house.
PA240233.jpg


Second, 6319 is in for some light maintenance.
PA240237.jpg


Third, an old Pacer that has seen much better days but will probably never see the highway again.
PA240240.jpg
 
MLW, is that a C-Liner in your second image? I sure like that shot, and the weathered rolling stock in the others is amazing!!

-Crandell
 
Nice work everyone!!..

That Greyhound bus is lit with a single LED bulb and about 14 diffrent fibers. I Did the install myself last winter. I put lights in that Bus as well as 4 other Macks/trailers. all are fiber optics. All I do to get the color is to paint the fiber ends amber or red.

the bus and trailers i bought from this site
http://www.classicmetalworks.com/DisplayProduct.asp?HID=5

All the mack tractors are Athern. I put a dim bulb under the hood and add fiber optics to the headlights and roof marker lights. this pic shows the truck without marler lights added, it was the first one I did. I need to add them and dirty up those spoke rims!!

trent
 
wife bought me 2 of the newly released athearn RTR SD45's in NYSW. Said she'll pick up the 3rd next week.

Still need to finish an order with josh for those p42's.
 
Trent, your results with the fiber optics look awesome. I haven't fooled with fiber optics for years but I may have to give them another look after seeing your pictures.

Jeffrey, that Pacer looks like it's in showroom condition to me. :D

MLW, great shots. I still think that backdrop with the suburban houses is da bomb. :) I just got part of may fascia board up and painted it black, Boy, what difference in making the layout look neater.

Mike, any progress is good progress. That Atlas NKP style caboose has been on my shopping list for a while. Nice paint job and decals. The gas station will look good in your town someday. I noticed the crack about the donut shop too. :p We needed big cars to shove the prisoners in...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Gary, you've got some very nice structures there. Are some of them the old Bachmann American Classics (I think that was the name) line? They are too big for my one horse town but they sure were nice kits for almost nothing compared to what's out today. You've got a great start on your city.

Crandell, I don't remember the Lionel Challenger looking that good. Is that the factory paint job?

Chris, I think Dan just posted a picture of your new job site, LOL. Nice work on all those little details, Dan.
 
In no distinct order:

Kitbashed BLMA Crossing Surface (The buyer is to mark the outlines as per the prototype) Good tip is to use sharpie.

EMP COFC on TTRX Spine Cars

CSX COFC on TTRX Spine cars

TBOX boxcar

Yes... I went shopping. ;)
 


Here are some updated pics of my custom PRR P42 A & B units. Name decals on sides are finished, front and rear PRR Keystone's are on, 1 unit has full roof decals, second has some. The rest have none and I'll need atleast 6 more sheets of amtrak phase iv decals just so I can finish these and also do 2 NJ Transit P40's.
IMG_0011.png

IMG_0012.png

IMG_0013.png

IMG_0014.png

And this pic shows the side frames with the sander brackets installed. Paul from Details West was nice enough to do a special run of the sander brackets so I could do 15 pairs. Brackets come in the super detailing kit but not seperately.
IMG_0015.png
 
More nice work guys.
MLW, nice scene and car weathering. Hope to get my track as realistic as yours.
Jeff, love the Pacer my brother had one just like it. (A rusty piece of C___)
Jim, they're call Bachmann City Scenes. I got them for $13 to $23 a piece (they went for $80 to $130) A LHS got them on closeout. The building to the left in the first and third photo are two stacked on top of each other. The first floor of the upper one became the Krispe Kreme. The one back wall is the rear wall of the Seymour Block I posted earlier. I got a lot of bang for my buck!
Trent really like the truck lights. Very cool.
Mike nice stuff! My City Classics Gas Station is kind of in the same situation, it filling in the one of the last holes in my city of Neenah. The shots below I took in my yard.
Oh, and my goal is to have a complete layout by Christmas 2010. (Christ 2010? don't know how that got in my last post)
 
Jim, I am late to reply to your last question...sorry, but yes, what you see is all 'stock'. It is a handsome engine, no two ways about it. I think that for the price, even though it came out in 2002 (?), it ought to have had some more detail than it has, but I can't complain. It is a really solid engine, and it runs like a top.

-Crandell
 
Been building a lot in HO the past two weeks, 18 pieces heading down to Galveston tomorrow morning if the rail let me.

First shot is an over all shot of this load of buildings. Then some individual detail shots starting with a shot looking into a FSM car shop that was reworked. Then a detailed out Small Town USA building ( similar to DPM but softer plastic). And lastly a Guts, Gravel and Glory "Burger Roost".

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Next is the Zanol Boiler Works. This started out as a RDA kit to which were added a scratch built office building, open garage, boiler house and elevated walkway. Had a good time building a pair of boilers with open firebox doors and an open smoke box on the horizontal one.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Lastly tonight is the Adams Coal Yard. Everything is scratch on this complex, the buildings are board by board and yes those are individual shingles on the roofs. Really like this piece, it has a great flavor of the northeast which is where the club layout is set.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Matt, good to see more of your work. Every time I look at one of your structures, it gives me an idea for something to add to mine. I really like the burger joint. Similar structures and the giant orange stands used to be common sights along US 99 in the California's Central Valley in the 50's and 60's.

Crandell, I didn't realize they came out that recently. It sure is a good looking engine in the picture.

Gary, City Scenes was the name I was looking for. I wish I would have grabbed some to use for kitbashing when they first came out at the ridiculously low list prices. I always thought I'd pick up one later but then they were gone. You're right, the NIB kits show go for $100 up on e-bay. :eek: They are some of the best looking urban buildings ever made, IMHO. I wish you guys would stop posting good looking gas stations. Mine sucks and I want to replace it and you're goading me into it. I just can't decide between the several nice ones out there now. I also need to replace my fire department since I now have three trucks and only one apparatus bay. I need to figure out where I can squeeze out an extra three inches for the Pikestuff model and not have to re-do half the town.

Steve, those are starting to look like weird Pennsy E-units now with the stripes and decals done. :) They'll certainly be head turners when they're done. I can hear it now..."what the heck was that pair of engines that just went by". :D
 
I also need to replace my fire department since I now have three trucks and only one apparatus bay. I need to figure out where I can squeeze out an extra three inches for the Pikestuff model and not have to re-do half the town.

:D

Jim, your town needs to lay off a few fire fighters and sell the trucks that won't fit in the station:D That's what most local Countys do!:rolleyes:



Matt, That Burger shack.......Is the burger a doggy toy? I love that building I think a few of our dog's toy might disappear:D:D The toy steak gives me a Idea:):):):):)
 


I also need to replace my fire department since I now have three trucks and only one apparatus bay. I need to figure out where I can squeeze out an extra three inches for the Pikestuff model and not have to re-do half the town.
Keep the current station in operation as a sub-station and set up a two bay station elsewhere. That's what they do here.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top