Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang,
The list of topical jokes about MJ and the other recent famous departees is growing by leaps and bounds. But this latest one made me groan!l:eek:

DISCLAIMER
I did not think this one up, nor do I recommend it at a party, but if you have the nerve to read on, do so at your own risk!!! However, I felt a moral obligation to beat Chris to the punch! :D

Q: What are Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon and Billy Mays all getting for Christmas?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(if you dare!)
.
.
.
.
A: Patrick Swayze
:eek::rolleyes::cool::D

I warned ya!
 
On that note: MJ is going ahead with his 50 London concerts. They're now being billed as "Michael Jackson on Ice".
 


On that note: MJ is going ahead with his 50 London concerts. They're now being billed as "Michael Jackson on Ice".
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:eek::eek:-----you too now----"Putzi!!" -------"Basket!!"
Sheeeesh:p:p:D:D:D:D;)

-------------------------------------------

Well, on that note----and a good morning to you too!!:D:D:D

Everyone is all awake and piculous I see----:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's now the mighty 10C going to a high of 24C in the shade. Some sun/cloud mixing up today and our low tonight will be at 7C(!?) :eek:

Got a lot of runnin' around to do for work what with client visits and form filling outs and all that other stuff

Have a good one---:D:D:D:D:D
 
Tony, makes you wonder about those two guys. I'd be contemplating making a phone call to the FAA but I'm the naturally suspicious type.

Jim;The only reason I did not call the FAA is that I did talk with the people in Indiana that rented the plane to the two Germans, otherwise yes I would have called the FAA. :D
 
Good morning folks

It was a bright 70 F as I headed back to the unpaid grind this morning. High will be 84 F.

I had a busy few days. Friday I took off from work to do some last minute prep for our Cub Scout camping trip. We camped Friday night into Saturday at Ridley Creek State Park. We had seven families take part. We did all the normal camping stuff such as cooking hot dogs, making smores, and telling campfire stories. Everyone had a great time.

Saturday was recovery day. We did start to paint the powder room and I hung the blind in the living room. Sunday was grocery shopping. We finished painting the powder room. Next for the room will be some detailing my wife wants to do.

I managed to get downstairs and organize stuff on the layout. I put away some of the stuff that had been sitting on the layout for a while. There still is some organizing to do but it was a big step. I also finished assembling an Accurail L&NE wood truss boxcar. Next is changing the road numbers on the car.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 77 and sunny. The high is expected to top 100 and it will be sunny.

There won't be much getting done outside today, at least not by me. My nephew the engine and tranny into the Jeep yesterday afternoon and had the engine running before 9 pm. Today he'll finish connecting the transfer, change out all the fluids and put the belly-plate on. My sister and my niece should be out cleaning up the piles of brush in my parent's yard. They put them there, it's only right they remove them. My niece's upcoming wedding is just days away.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/13/2009

Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph WSW

Today High: 98 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P7131502.jpg
 
Good morning, my work on a LEGO version of an FEC SD70M-2 is almost complete since I have reached the radiators and the handbrake. All I have left is the trucks, tank, and the back of the engine. One will be impressed with the detail put in to this locomotive. Lots of Studs not on top details to resemble the thing plus replicate the doors easily. The long hood isn't so hollow but it'll allow some wiring. The completed engine may weigh around 3 to 4 pounds! :cool:
 
Well, shoot, just lost my post when we had a power bump. :( We are finally getting rain now that BOC's nefarious plot to steal all our rain to keep his lake filled has been foiled. :) We've had about 2 inches of rain overnight and our softball game has been postponed until tomorrow night because the fields are flooded. Probably not a bad thing considering the drubbing we took last week. We may get some more storms later this afternoon and the rest of the week is shaping up as being on the wet side. My lawn is already looking happier.

As I understand it, the big news of the day is that Michael Jackson is still dead. :eek:

Tony, those two German guys would have given me the willies. My brother, who's a pilot, and I were discussing how big a hole you could make in something with a Cesnna 182 packed with C-5 explosives. I don't think we'll ever see another 9/11 hijacking again because the terrorists know the passengers will kill them before they get to a target. I do think they haven't given up on aircraft as a tool though. I'm very suspicious of the AF 447 crash and why more information hasn't been released about the autopsies. If you put an explosive in the luggage compartment and set it to blow based on GPS readings, you couldn't have picked a better flight. Max flight level so the debris field would be widely scattered and nearly the deepest part of the ocean on a transatlantic flight so the probability that flight recorders would ever be found was near zero, as had proved to be the case. Modern aircraft just don't break up in mid-air very often. If something like this happens again in the next few months, I think the boys will have a new tactic.

Jeffrey, that nephew must be pretty good if he could get that engine and tranny back in the jeep by 9:00. It looks like there's a chance some of the storms in Mississippi may slip down to you later this afternoon.

BB, I'll be looking forward to seeing your Lego engine. I think this is the first time I've heard of someone using Legos to make a scale model engine.

Assuming the rain holds off, I think I'll spend some time at the batting cages at our local amusement park. I've got to get my right shoulder functioning better if I don't want to look like one of the girls on the field. :)
 
Jim- Some times I cannot resist commenting of people's statements:
"Assuming the rain holds off, I think I'll spend some time at the batting cages at our local amusement park. I've got to get my right shoulder functioning better if I don't want to look like one of the girls on the field."
I don't think ANYONE would ever mistake either you or me for a girl! We just don't have the correct shape!:p
 


Jeffrey, that nephew must be pretty good if he could get that engine and tranny back in the jeep by 9:00.
He's good all right. He's a semi-pro mechanic. He has no problem getting jobs, just keeping them. His mouth gets him in trouble more often than not as he doesn't know when to keep it shut. He'll no sooner tell the boss to sit and rotate than give him the time of day. He's rebuilt everything from lawnmower engines up to those huge mud pumps they use offshore, so putting an engine in a vehicle is childs play to him.
 
Hi gang,
The list of topical jokes about MJ and the other recent famous departees is growing by leaps and bounds. But this latest one made me groan!l:eek:

DISCLAIMER
I did not think this one up, nor do I recommend it at a party, but if you have the nerve to read on, do so at your own risk!!! However, I felt a moral obligation to beat Chris to the punch! :D

Q: What are Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon and Billy Mays all getting for Christmas?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(if you dare!)
.
.
.
.
A: Patrick Swayze
:eek::rolleyes::cool::D

I warned ya!


Farrah died and went before St. Peter at the gates of heaven...... St. Peter said, "Farrah you lived an O.K. life and for that you get One wish for the earth before I let you in." Farrah thought about it and responded, "I wish all the Childern in the world were safe from harm."


























































8 hours later MJ died!:D:rolleyes::D:)

I know bad one!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got a wedding rehearsal dinner to go to tonight then there's the wedding tomorrow. My niece has the ball and chain ready to be clamped on her fiance the instant they're declared husband and wife. I don't know if either of them have cold feet yet but I'm sure one of them will.
 
Farrah Fawcett - June 25th, Micheal Jackson - June 25th. Same day.

I think she died on the same day ---yes---but before MJ did.

---------------------------------------------------

Got finished the daily run around at work today----almost ended up in Owen Sound ON but not quite. We'll be doing this jog/trot for a week and a bit yet so--THEN I'll get to write up the silly report----
AAARRRRRAAAAAGGHH!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

Do I sound a little peeeked hmmn?:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jim Our lake will be sticking around for a while yet. The ding thing is about 18'X45' along the back of the property!!:eek::eek:---middle is about 3' deep!!:eek::eek:---we're having a fellow come up and see whether there ain't a small spring in there b/c it has been around for a LOOONNGG time:cool::eek:
If there is then I'll definitely put in a small R/C dock-----maybe even a R/C marina for pete sake!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Yes, FF died about eight hours before MJ so I guess the joke still works with some editing. :)

Mikey, let me rephrase that - I don't want to bat like one of the girls out there. :D I had forgotten that tomorrow is our anniversary anyway so I'll just get to play the Thursday game, assuming we don't have a washout tomorrow.

Jeffrey, a wedding on Wednesday? Why did they pick that day?

BOC, why do you have to do so much running around? Are your clients all that far apart? And don't give me anything about a spring. That's all our rain you stole and you're now going to be punished by having a big mud puddle in your backyard for the summer. If you steal any more of our rain, it will last long enough for ice skating this winter. ;)

All the rain is over for today. Too bad the fields are so muddy or we could have gotten in our softball game tonight. Looks like we'll get some redevelopment of the thunderstorms tomorrow although I don't think the coverage will be quite as widespread. I'll take all we can get though, along with the "cooler" temperatures. The high was 89, which is the first time we haven't broken 90 this month.
 


I think she died on the same day ---yes---but before MJ did.

---------------------------------------------------

Got finished the daily run around at work today----almost ended up in Owen Sound ON but not quite. We'll be doing this jog/trot for a week and a bit yet so--THEN I'll get to write up the silly report----
AAARRRRRAAAAAGGHH!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

Do I sound a little peeeked hmmn?:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jim Our lake will be sticking around for a while yet. The ding thing is about 18'X45' along the back of the property!!:eek::eek:---middle is about 3' deep!!:eek::eek:---we're having a fellow come up and see whether there ain't a small spring in there b/c it has been around for a LOOONNGG time:cool::eek:
If there is then I'll definitely put in a small R/C dock-----maybe even a R/C marina for pete sake!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stock the lake with Catfish and grain feed them! Mmmmmmmmm, tasty fish farm!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top