Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good morning everyone----I was about to say ---"my pretties". How can you tell I'm psyching up for this dang meeting from you know where---:mad::mad::eek:
Reminds me of a former boss I had, she came in one day in a foul mood, and I asked her later "who dropped a house on your sister?" :eek: After a few tense moments of silence she got the point and broke out laughing! Boy, that was close!


Jim I'd be thinking about fathers with teenage son's
Yes, pray for us! The oldest (25) has already given my 2 grandsons, the next (21) has a steady thats built like Dolly Parton! :eek: The 20 yr old has a 30 year old girlfriend!:eek: The 18 year old has a steady. Both are going to college in the fall, 200 miles apart! (that'll cool that off!) Finally the 13 year old seems to have a new girlfriend every week, and claims that he is the "love machine" of the family.
It's not just the Dad's with daughters that worry!!!!!

Karl---the rice paddy could use a floating dock
I was thinking more of pontoons on the small John Deere. Paint em green, with yellow pinstripe, an electric trolling motor on the back , might work? :confused:

Jeffrey. Great news about Mom, hope things continue getting better! Hopefully between your Dad, Mom, and yourself, everybody gets straightened out soon.

Tony, Nice "wild Mary" stuff. Is that a Proto BL2?

Well, time to smash the computer! :eek: I've got a backdrop photo program that wont run now since we changed the OS from Win98 to XP. Probably a driver issue, or it might be the CD itself. It only works on some functions, but not all :confused::confused: Of course I discover this 3 weeks before a show, when the rebuilt corner module is ready for its backdrop to be composed, printed and installed. :(:mad:
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Jeffrey, that's good news about your mom. Let's hope she continues to have an uneventful recovery. We got married in the backyard on July 14, 2006. I can assure you that it's HOT in Alabama then also. :eek: Maybe you'll luck out and it will be below 90.

Tony, taking baby steps is a good thing. You'll learn a lot more and ruin a lot fewer models that way. I'm a living testament that jumping in with both feet is an expensive proposition. :)

Larry, strawberries and a train show sounds like a great combination. I hope you have a great time.

Tom, I can imagine that shoes used in a zoo probably wouldn't smell so good by the end of the summer.

Phillip, my wife loves your frog. :) Of course, when you're retired, every day is Friday.

That blob of storms did what I thought and took a hard right before they got to us. We picked a paltry .04 inches of rain in one five minute shower. Nothing but low clouds and windy today and the temperature is only 73. I'll take it, though, since it will be 93 again by Sunday. Our youngest is almost 20, and honot student, and she needs new tires for her car. She wanted me to find tires for her. I told her it was about time for her to learn about things like tires. Not doing for her helps her to become an independent adult instead of depending on Dad her whole life.
 
A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

hang-on.png
 


Happy Friday yall (especially Phillip:D),

I'm running very short on time so this needs to be a 'drive-by' posting.

Been very busy the last few days, both at the office and at home, so very few visits in here from me. (Karl, your prediction came to pass, LOL)

Jim/BOC/Bob - Don't get me started on daughters and anxiety! Let me tell you about the latest "dumb blonde" adventure of my 19yr-old. She's generally not on my mind when she's away at school, but now that she's home for the summer I'm remembering why she made my hair go gray prematurely. 2 days before she was due home, she calls and says she got a ticket for speeding, 34 in 25mph zone. [The normal speed limit was 40 but it was a school zone where they temporarily lower it - she was unaware till the radar cop pulled her over.] Anyhoo, this upset me a tad because she certainly doesn't have the money to pay the fine, whatever it turns out to be, so guess who's checking account that's coming out of. She thought they were going to mail her some kind of bill for the amount. But wait, there's more - yesterday she finally read the fine print on the ticket, and discovered she was required to be in court in Ohio - on Wednesday!:eek: So now she's probably become a wanted criminal, and the fine will likely be 10 times the original amount! Sheesh, when will she EVER get it together!?!:mad:

Enough of that, let's focus on the "positive": I invested in the same DCC system that my fellow club members use, and I've spent that past week setting it up and learning how to use it. I'm amazed at all the things I can do with this that I couldn't do with my old system. Also, the electric company finally recalculated my monthly payment amount and factored in our lower usage over the past year - and the bill is now ~$125/mo less than before. So I celebrated by ordering a Silver Series Atlas GP40-2 from MB Klein's, they have them on sale for $70/ea! Here's a link to a pic of the prototype, CSX#6358: http://www.trainweb.org/csxphotos/photos/GP40-2/6358CSX-bc.jpg Never thought I'd actually get my hands on one of these!:cool:

. . .
"Supper's waitin' at home and I gotta get to it!" Have a good'un
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ken; A quick drive by for me too.

I got alll the way home, ate some pizza and salad, got a cal from work. Somebody had a broke airplane so i had to go back to work and fix it:eek: Just got done thought I stop in for a quick cup before I head back home again:D

At least I was able to ride my bike! Going to really enjoy the ride home...

Talk to you guys later...:D
 
Hello---

Boy, the meeting was way quieter today:D:D i got an apology from both guys and we got the riot act read---chair tells me afterward there was a memo placed on everyones desk--but mine and a couple of others?:confused:--explaining a "Mandatory Course on How To Be Civilized" was actually proposed last week by some mgmt consultants. We got done so quick that I got a bunch o' stuff done and I went out to dinner with myself. I went and asked Audrey if she wanted to come along and she said---"I've got 2 paintings to do!!-:eek::eek:---"---so I went out on my own---we'll go when she's not so behind:D:D

Ken---let me describe my reaction thus--AAAAAARRRGGH!!!:eek::eek:---how's that?
 
Well I had a very nice long ride home:cool: Very relaxing and enjoyable...

Karl; Believe it or not the BL2 is a Lifelike. I have two of them and actually they run fairly well. I kind of like them. I do have a Proto BL2 in HO, I don't think it has ever been run, it is a PRR and was my dad's. I prefer N myself.

Jim; Funny thing I was saying how I want to take these baby steps, well I was dying to paint my first building, bought some Krylon primer, sprayed the whole building, it looked really nice. Got some other colors of Acrylic hobby paint at Walmart. When the Krylon was dry I started brushing the details of the building, got a little out of hand and put too much green on. Kind of ruined the building. oh well it was only about $11, I can get another one sometime.

Ken; Bummer on the ticket, kids, what can you do:confused: BTW, what college is you daughter attending in Ohio? Or was she just passing through? Also, what DCC system did you get? (not to start a huge discussion, just curious)

Well, I might make it to the basement for awhile, if you need me check there...:D
 
there was a memo placed on everyones desk--but mine and a couple of others?:confused:--explaining a "Mandatory Course on How To Be Civilized" was actually proposed last week by some mgmt consultants.
Let me know when that course is scheduled, I want our receptionist to attend.:rolleyes:
 
Enough of that, let's focus on the "positive": I invested in the same DCC system that my fellow club members use, and I've spent that past week setting it up and learning how to use it. I'm amazed at all the things I can do with this that I couldn't do with my old system. Also, the electric company finally recalculated my monthly payment amount and factored in our lower usage over the past year - and the bill is now ~$125/mo less than before. So I celebrated by ordering a Silver Series Atlas GP40-2 from MB Klein's, they have them on sale for $70/ea! un

Ken I TOLD YOU you would love it!!!!!:D:D:D . Before the next show, you have to email JoeM and let him know you have a ProcabR, and he will give you an address number to use. I can walk you through the programming if need be. The reason is so the command station can identify your individual throttle from say, MINE! It's easy, and that way when we all invade your layout, our throttles will all work there too!

It's now Saturday, and later today I have to go to my 17 year olds graduation.......lovely....I'm going for his sake, and I will smile and be cordial, but I will NOT be seated with my EX or her family!!! If you hear of a major explosion on the east coast, it was just my head exploding!:mad:

tootles!
 


A BL2!!!! I'd kill to get a few of those. Someone sniped me last week on eBay for a couple of them. I'd prefer C&O or Monon, but I've got paint..........

Bob
 
Had ANOTHER bonfire and grill out tonight. At this week, I will be out of firewood by the end of the month. Luckily it was a smaller group of people this time, and a couple of use talked about some video production stuff, while two others went and discussed politics and religion is a very civilized manor.

Playing in a golf tournament in about 13 hours. Went to the golf store and picked up last year's model Slazenger driver for $50 brand new, and 3 boxes of balls for $25. I am set for the next couple years now.

Off to sleep. Gotta get up soon to do yard work and play golf.
 
Mornin' guys!

Well I have to get the yard mowed this morning since I was called into work last night and did not get my Friday evening mowing done. It's supposed to be a really nice day here today. Got to get the yard work done and then the wife and I can maybe take the bikes out for a nice ride today.:cool:


A BL2!!!! I'd kill to get a few of those. Someone sniped me last week on eBay for a couple of them. I'd prefer C&O or Monon, but I've got paint..........Bob

Hmmm, I might need someone bumped off!!!:eek::D

Okay, talk to you guys later...
 
Hello--

And a good morning to everyone. Sunny and 11C this morn. Going to be sunny all day with clouds coming back in the evening . We've a high of 18c today with a low of 10C tonight. Now---I'm lookin' West of us and a dang cloudbank is sneakin' up on us a little earlier---oh well---:(:confused:

A buddy of mine and moi are heading out to do some more more back road shuffling to get some pics for some modeling ideas for his layout--and mineMWAHAAHAAHAA!!!:eek::D:D:D. We need 'em don't you know---heeheehee:D:D:D:p

Bob When I get snarfled like that I go into grumble mode:mad:---and BL2's aren't easy to come by either--:mad:

Ken, Karl After working with my dads DC set up and the amazing tangle of wires he had, I started to get a hankering for DCC. Trying to decipher a multistage DC setup is NOT easy--my dad also could do this in his sleep but I needed a map---and there was no map here!:confused::rolleyes:
 
Good morning.

It's 62 and sunny. The high will be around 88 and it will be partly cloudy.

Went to the foot doc yesterday so he could examine my feet again. There were to be X-rays done but they've been pushed back to next week because of the problem with my left big toe. All the skin peeled off of it earlier this week. The doc has me on antibiotics to head off any infection. I spent most of the day in Alexandria seeing my mother at Rapides General. She's still in ICU. When we left they were preparing to remove her breathing tube. Further updates as they become available.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/6/2009

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 88 Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P6040422.jpg
 
Went to Wal-Mart to look at the TV's. I've picked out a 37" Vizio HDTV that has a price tag of $597. I'll be able to get it on my Wal-Mart credit card. First I have to get rid of my old 27" Hitachi TV. My nephew says he can use it in his pool (billiards) room. I told him to bring a friend. That beast is heavy!
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Phillip, that's a great old picture but I think someone must have added the Seiko name to that clock. I don't Seiko was selling any clocks in this country in 1927. :)

Bob, that saying is so true. Sons just go out and start a life of their own and you're lucky to hear from them on your birthday. Daughters seem to call home every day with some problem to talk over with mom.

Ken, young women sometimes don't seem to have a lick of sense. I don't think they will issue a warrant just yet. Call the court clerk in the county the ticket was issued in and explain the situation. The clerk will probably let you mail in the fine. Most counties really don't want warrants floating around if they have someone willing to pay the fine right now. How did you manage to lower your electric bill that much? Mine just keeps going up.

BOC, I don't think a course in civilization works for the uncivilized. It's kind of like the idea of rehabilitation. You first need to have been habilitated before you can be rehabilitated. :)

Tony, it's easy to go overboard painting when you're just learning. Hang on to that building and use it for practice. It will be good for practicing airbrushing techniques. You may even be able to salvage it later.

Karl, sounds like a tense time at the graduation but I hope you were able to concentrate on your son's big day and leave the ex in the back of your mind somewhere.

Dan, after being a caddy for three years, that kind of killed my taste for chasing a little white ball around a meadow for hours on end. I hope you have a good time and break 100, something I was never able to do. :)

BOC, sounds like you'll have good day if the rain holds off. After having DCC for a couple of years, I can't imagine going back to DC. I've built a few layouts with DC and the nine yards of block wiring, reverse loops, and control panels. Even though I built it, there were times I'd look at that spaghetti wiring and wonder where the heck that one particular wire went and what it did. :D

Jeffrey, that's another good sign if they are taking her off the ventilator. I hope your toe problem clears up so the doc can decide what to do with the rest of your foot. We just have a run of the mill 32" TV we picked up at Best Buy on sale for something like $250. Except for financial news and an occasional movie, I almost never watch TV anyway so it suits me fine. It's not one of those flat screens so it weight about 60 pounds. Probably consumes a lot of electricity also. I replaced the 19" CRT type TV in my RV with a 20" flat screen and went from consuming 52 watts to 7 watts. Sure helps if you're running on batteries.

The California Supreme Court finally made a logical ruling and turned down Richard Allen Davis's appeal. He's the slime ball that killed Polly Klaas. His attorney was claiming his confession should be thrown out because he wasn't advised of his rights and didn't have a lawyer present. We were operating on the "clear and present danger" principle, which states that a suspect doesn't need to be advised of anything if we think the victim's life is in danger if she's not rescued. I knew that private investigator was trying to get me to say we knew she was dead when, in fact, we didn't. We didn't think the chances she was alive were high but they weren't zero, and we did everything we could to rescue her if she was still alive. Now that he's exhausted his state appeals, he goes on to the Federal system. The Ninth Circuit Court never saw a death penalty case they liked so that's the one I'm worried about. Of course, all these appeals are being paid for courtesy of the California taxpayer...and they wonder why they are going broke. This creep is 100%, with a doubt, guilty. We probably still would not have found Polly's body to this day if he had not led us to it. If it was up to me, he would have five minutes to make his peace with the Lord and then taken out and shot. It's now been 16 years since he was convicted and I just heard yesterday another one of our investigators on the case has died. That makes eleven now. He probably has at least another eight years of appeals ahead in the Federal system. :mad: I just hope I'm still around when he finally gets to die a peaceful death, something he denied his victim. I have an invitation to his execution and I'm going if they have to wheel me in on a gurney.

Whew, sorry, had to get that off my chest. It's a nice day here with temperatures in the 80's a few clouds. Things will be heating up for the next several days before we have our next chance of rain.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello People--

We went out to do the photo trip and boy it looks like I got me a whole mess of 'em. Went to the Beachville ON area to get some more pix of the immediate environs around the quarry site and got a better crop than the last go round. We also --or I think I did-- got one CN train with about 45 or so empty autoracks being shuttled toward Woodstock from London(maybe?). One engine --45 autoracks. As for mill sites I found that the west mill is shut temporarily. Although from the looks of things it might have been shut for a while--:rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm going to see whether I can get something to show up a little later this weekend or Monday---:eek::D:D

-------------------------------------

Jim We're having a court thing going up here about a couple of---aherm---"people" who kidnapped and murdered an 8 yr old girl by the name of Victoria "Tori" Stafford in Woodstock ON. Thing is that this is the first one of this type that happened in my home town. We're waiting on this one---that is for dang sure. :mad::mad: I know summat that feelin'. It ain't pleasent that is for sure--:mad:

-------------------------------------

We've done the BBQ thing this evening and everyone be relaxin' on the deck. Have a good evenin-----:D:D:D
 
Jim: I have only been seriously playing for about 3 years. It was only a 9 hole tournament. 9 team best ball. We had a 3 way tie for first place, going 2 over par. Not bad considering half the course was flooded and it was pouring rain.

Time to go warm up.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top