Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! My mother came through her surgery just fine and is back in the ICU. They're decreasing her sedation slowly so they can keep control of her blood pressure as she regains consciousness. Now we have to deal with the after effects of all this. One of those is her hair was shaved off prior to surgery, so she's gonna be a bit difficult to live with for a while. Glad I've got my own home to hide in. My father's not so lucky so he's gonna have to mind his P's and Q's. Ever seen a ticked off Indian? He has, and he has no desire to see that again. While I have an explosive temper my mother makes me look like a fire cracker next to a pound of C4. I'll be treading lightly!
 
Jeff - Excellent news! :cool: Regardless of how difficult the recovery period may be on your dad, I'm sure he's quite happy with this compared to the alternative. I'm sure your mom will learn to deal with the temporary lack of hair using wigs, hats or a combo of both.
 


Phillip, those are some amazing photos. Indiana is not normally known for large hail and the type of damage the area suffered. Were there any confirmed tornados? That one picture through the car window sure looks like a descending funnel cloud. Scary stuff.

Nothing confirmed, but that one pic does look like that, huh?
 
Nothing confirmed, but that one pic does look like that, huh?

I'd definitely be thinking so. I saw summat like that go over our house a few years back-----not a friendly sight.:eek::eek::eek:

---------------------------------

Got home after hectic day. People going in and out. Clients with issues making PSW's go BBLLLAAAGGHH!!:eek: and then cling to ceilings and 'pooters getting wacked by 2 virus attacks----yeeesh!!:eek:

Now, I'm going to finish off with some picky changeouts of some wheelsets. Not all 235 ---got about 155 so maybe 15 more and I'll be done---(for dinner:p:p).

--------------------------------

BTW---who did a song about being told to look after someone's daughter well, as the guy sits polishing this here gun---?

Could we use that as a theme song to an interesting movie----?:D:D
 
We are getting a good rain here. Already several hours of steady rain and should have several more, if it doesn't fall apart. Did you ever notice how noisy plants were while slurping up rain water? :D
 
We are getting a good rain here. Already several hours of steady rain and should have several more, if it doesn't fall apart. Did you ever notice how noisy plants were while slurping up rain water? :D

Were about to float here! Rained hard last night, all night! Drizzled most of the day, then picked up to a good steady rain around 4. Been raining since then, and looks like its going to go on til Saturday!:(

Backyard looks like a rice paddie...by Saturday the grass is gonna look like hay!
Oh Joy! :rolleyes:
 
Jeffery;Great news about your mom! Hope the rest of the recovery goes well:)

Karl;Here's some "Wild Mary" for you, I was testing some trains tonight so I took a few shots...Wild Mary
 


Good news! My mother came through her surgery just fine and is back in the ICU. They're decreasing her sedation slowly so they can keep control of her blood pressure as she regains consciousness. Now we have to deal with the after effects of all this. One of those is her hair was shaved off prior to surgery, so she's gonna be a bit difficult to live with for a while. Glad I've got my own home to hide in. My father's not so lucky so he's gonna have to mind his P's and Q's. Ever seen a ticked off Indian? He has, and he has no desire to see that again. While I have an explosive temper my mother makes me look like a fire cracker next to a pound of C4. I'll be treading lightly!
That's very good news. You'll just have to keep your head down for a few days (weeks?) until your mother has calmed down. Maybe your dad can come spend some time with you, learning about model railroading.:cool:
 
Karl, I've got an old canoe I'll sell ya. A 17-footer that is in very good condition. I've misplaced the paddles, so you'll be at the mercy of the current. It's an older Old Time canoe, flat back, so you could always use a trolling motor. That beats paddling any day. Only foolin'. I'd never get rid of the old thing. It's one of the things that the better half complains about, so I HAVE to keep it.

She gives me a "honey-do", I go out and grab the canoe and she starts in about it. By the time she is finished, she forgets what she wanted me to do. Works EVERY time.

Bob
 
Evening, everyone.

Jeffrey, glad to hear the surgery is over and apparently went well. It will be a few days before her brain recovers from the excess pressure of the clot but she should be fine. As far as the hair, it's hard to do a craniotomy without removing some hair. As has been said, some temporary hair loss is a lot better than the alternative.

Phillip, I sure would have called that in as a funnel cloud as a storm spotter. Seems hard to believe, with that much hail, that there were no tornados, since heavy falls of hail and tornados tend to occur together.

BOC and Terry, that Rodney Atkins song certainly reinforced my idea of the right speech to use. I think every father of a teenage daughter should memorize it...and have a good shotgun to clean while he's giving it. :) The good thing is the boy knows I probably won't hurt him but he doesn't know if I really won't hurt him. :eek:

Rex, we only got a a few hours of very light rain this morning and then nothing else. There's a pretty good bunch of storms to the south of us now so all I can do is hope they don't take a hard right before they get here. Even with just .24 inches of rain, the plants do look better although I don't remember any slurping sounds. :confused:

Karl, I told you, time to get that canoe rental business started. :D

Tony, nice looking "Wild Mary" models. What scale is that?

Bob, maybe getting an old canoe and storing it in the garage is the road to less honey-do lists then. Something has to work, I've tried everything else. :rolleyes:

CJ, sure hope you can get your daughter moved into a safer neighborhood, assuming there is one in Little Rock. :(

Not as warm but very humid night here. If the blob of storms to our south holds together, maybe we can squuze a few more drops out befor everything moves east and the 90 degree temperatures return.
 
Well, here we are FRIDAY!:D I say we shut down the world today and got mess with our trains:D, if only it were that easy...

Jim; Those are N scale. Soon as I get me an airbrush and practice with it I will try to weather some of them as well as my other stuff. Kind of taking "baby steps" as I get into this more and more.

Well hope everyone has a good Friday! I'll talk with you guys later...:cool:
 
ItsFriday.png
 
Phillip I sure am with that frog. Glendia and I are going to Danville IN to visit with our daughter, granddaughter and SIL later this morning. WE are then going to a a small town just east of Terre Haute, Rosedale is having a strawberry festival including a small train show. It is going to be a great day weather wise and seeing Alissa is really making it a good time. She loves her Choo Choo's and Gramps is keeping her well supplied with Thomas the Tank Engines and rolling stock. Vicki her mom also hits the yard sales and is adding to her collection. Hope everyone has a save and happy weekend I now I am going to.
 
Good morning folks

It is a cool 57 F with rain. High today will be 61 F with more rain. We are currently under a Flood Watch since we are expecting heavy rain later.

My daughter’s softball game was rained out last night. As a result we took her to a music store so she could find something to play in her next recital. She now has two new books to choose from. After that we went to the mall so my wife could get new sneakers. Since is working at a zoo she needs to leave one pair there and they will get tossed at the end of the summer. The new shoes become her everyday shoes and her old pair will become her zoo shoes.

I am home right. My son has a fifth grade award ceremony that I will be attending. I will head into the office after that.

We have not made much in the way of plans for the weekend. My wife works Sunday. Tomorrow if the weather co-operates we will set-up the gazebo in the back yard. I may even get some modeling in.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 62 and clear. The high will be around 87 and it will be sunny.

My mother's surgery went well yesterday and she's out of the woods. She'll be in ICU for a few more days then will be moved to an intensive care ward where she may spend up to three weeks. We're hoping she's back home in time for her grand daughters wedding. That event will be taking place in my parents back yard in the middle of July. Should be interesting to see how a bunch of over dressed people handle the scorching Louisiana heat. I foresee the pool getting a lot of use. I spent part of yesterday doing some patching work on 3 of my 4 new covered hoppers and did a little decal work on the CAT powered EMD rebuilt GE. It doesn't have cab numbers yet but it's one step closer. Same goes for the SD27J. I have an appointment with the foot doc later this morning. He's going to have a set of X-rays done on my right foot. From there he'll determine whether or not surgery can alleviate some of my problem.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/5/2009

Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 62°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph N

Today High: 88 Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly clear. Lows around 60. East winds around 5 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P6051467.jpg
 


Well, good morning everyone----I was about to say ---"my pretties". How can you tell I'm psyching up for this dang meeting from you know where---:mad::mad::eek:

We're getting a lot of sun and highs in the low 20'sC and lows down around 10C . The next week looks to be a bit wet----

Jim I'd be thinking about fathers with teenage son's---that'd make them think a little more---yah, I know---thinking with 'em dang hormones:rolleyes:

Karl---the rice paddy could use a floating dock---just like my back yard can----

Well, I've got to get mine hiney off to deal with the meeting---have a good one--:rolleyes:;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top