Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff,

I'd rather that the Docs move slowly that to dive right in a foul things up. Shows that they aren't "knife happy".
 
Jeffery; Will keep you mom in my thoughts and prayers, hang iin there man!

Well another long day at work for me, but I did get to play around with the trains a little tonight. Got my layout cleaned off and the trains seem to be running great. I ran a few box cars and a couple of coal hoppers lead by a Reading Atlas Train Master around the layout for about an hour with no problems.

Next I think I am going to see what I can do about some scenery. Just to see what I can come up with for practicing for the big layout as soon as I get some basement space freed up.

I am also thinking of purchasing a DCC system before I go to far into this layout with the wiring of turnouts. Wow! now there is a lot to learn there...:eek:

Well, I hope everyone had a great day, we are one day closer to Friday!!!:D

Talk to you guys later:cool:
 


I'm going to keep wearing my tinfoil hat and run and hide when the black equipment comes around if it's all the same!:o There is a CHANGE in the air!

Sniff, sniff..............that doesn't sound like CHANGE to me! :eek: Smells more like Midnight's litter box!
 
Good! They found a blood clot in her frontal lobe. She's waiting to go into surgery sometime tonight. My father's getting really steamed because their taking so long.

Ditto on the HD prayer rug here Jeff! May God give the surgical team extra steady hands tonight.
Keep us informed will ya?
 
I am also thinking of purchasing a DCC system before I go to far into this layout with the wiring of turnouts. Wow! now there is a lot to learn there...:eek:

Tons to learn. I would suggest that you check with local railroaders, clubs, and hobby shops in your area and see what they prefer and why. We all have our reasons for what system to recommend. For the most part, they are all valid, sound reasons, but the topic of personal preference is impossible to accurately quantify. "Road testing" a variety of systems is usually the best method to make a decision. Figure out what system YOU like best, without looking at the price tags. Then figure out what you want to spend and try to find a happy medium in there somewhere. There are no wrong answers, just seems like there are too darn many questions!!!! :D

There, I've said it, in the most level headed, unbiased, in the least likely to start a flame war way that I know how. I'm actually quite proud of myself! Please, the rest of you, let's not turn Screwjacks comment into a flame war. I'd hate to have to pummel somebody with a radio throttle for starting a flame about this. Flo wont appreciate the mess! :rolleyes::eek::D
 
Good! They found a blood clot in her frontal lobe. She's waiting to go into surgery sometime tonight. My father's getting really steamed because their taking so long.

Tell your dad to hang in there--they're being careful. No use in panic surgery--we BTDT, not fun:eek::eek:---we'll be praying for your family and your mother.
 
Jeffrey, I'm sure they are waiting for a good neurosurgeon to arrive. Brain surgery is not something that should be performed by your average doc. Finding the location of the clot is a very good sign. With luck, skill, and God's help, she should make a full recovery. I join the others in remembering her in my prayers.

Indeed, Tony, I'll second Karl's advice. There's lots to learn but lots of time to learn it. You'll make some mistakes along the way but I've learned way more from my mistakes than I ever did when I did things right the first time. Many things in model railroading are getting to be commodity items, where the differences between each item are very small. It's much more difficult to buy something really bad than it was even 10 years ago.

BOC, any meeting which starts out with reading the riot act can't have a good outcome. Keep your head down.

Phillip, 70 mph winds would move pretty good size hail stones sideways, that's for sure. How much tree damage did you guys suffer?

Rex, I think the idea of Chris's SIL naked would probably be worse than having to use a push mower on all his ball fields. :D It was another bust for rain here too. Got a five minute rain shower about 11:00 pm. We can only hope that tomorrow brings us some more storm coverage than we've had in the last few days. I don't mind the heat as long as we can get some rain every few days to cool things off a bit and help the plants.

Nothing else exciting here. I ran my trains for about 15 minutes before I was called upstairs to deal with a flying June Bug emergency. Both girls were screaming and yelling that it would "get in their hair". :eek: Where do women get these silly ideas? Of course, our youngest had a boyfriend who was deathly afraid of spiders. I told her to ditch him because no real man was that much afraid of a spider. Turns out he was a wimp about a lot of other things too and he lost interest in her fast. Do you think my standard speech that, if you ever do anything to hurt my little girl, I'll hunt you down and kill you in ways so painful you can't imagine, might have had an effect? :D I've found giving my speech while cleaning my Remington 870 has a very salutary effect on guys who are only interested in one thing, if you catch my drift. :rolleyes:
 


Well, I'm still stuck in Little Rock. We were just going to come over on a Saturday and stay until Tues. BUT, last Thursday while daughter was at work, her house was broken into AGAIN! That's twice in less than 6 months. She's scared to even sleep there and will not be staying. Her mother and I have spent the week looking for her a new place. Thought we had found her one, but someome else came up with 6 months prepaid rent for the place, so the owner took them over daughter.

We have to go back to B'ham Sat at the latest. I have a treatment Mon, and will be busy again Tues. After that I have to come back to LR. Well at least I'm getting some of my car kits built. Wonder if daughter would get upset if I brought my compressor and aerbrush and all my paints and such?:p I better not. She doesn't get mad easily, but when she does, she blows up, the crater is about the size of an 18 wheeler! I wanna avoid that. Later!
 
Rex, I think the idea of Chris's SIL naked would probably be worse than having to use a push mower on all his ball fields. :D

Of course, our youngest had a boyfriend who was deathly afraid of spiders. I told her to ditch him because no real man was that much afraid of a spider. Turns out he was a wimp about a lot of other things too and he lost interest in her fast. Do you think my standard speech that, if you ever do anything to hurt my little girl, I'll hunt you down and kill you in ways so painful you can't imagine, might have had an effect? :D I've found giving my speech while cleaning my Remington 870 has a very salutary effect on guys who are only interested in one thing, if you catch my drift. :rolleyes:

I have two SIL plus 4 ExSIL and My BIL has #5 lined up already:eek: So which one are you talking about?:confused: Your choices are from, Bad, Worst, and Dig my eyes out with a spoon!:D

I only got one Boy(12), and he's a Looker:rolleyes: He's more intrested in being a kid than pretty girls at the moment. My wife is very watch full.LOL's Being my wife works for WIC she see's a lot of 12/13YR.old girls with buns in the oven:mad: My son had this crush on this hispanic girl thankful for us her family got deported.........I tell my boy, " don't get involved with a angry woman that can't cook, has a crazy family and is not a undocumented worker":D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There, I've said it, in the most level headed, unbiased, in the least likely to start a flame war way that I know how. I'm actually quite proud of myself! Please, the rest of you, let's not turn Screwjacks comment into a flame war. I'd hate to have to pummel somebody with a radio throttle for starting a flame about this. Flo wont appreciate the mess! :rolleyes::eek::D

Yeah, I was just making some idle coffee shop chat here, I don't mean to start any flame wars:D This new coffee shop is too nice to mess it up this soon:D:eek::D Besides, being pummeled with a radio throttle dosen't sound like something I would enjoy:eek:

On the SIL subject, I am getting my first brand new one of those the end of this month! :D:eek: Not sure what he thinks of me and my little comments I like to make to any boys my daughter has dated over the years. One thing is for sure though, I sure had fun messing with some of those guys! :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning--

Going to be a high of 20C with low at 6C. Going to be a mix of sun/cloud.

Chris We could be having 2 sets of exIL's and a new set of IL's come August. We got word from Audrey's now found former MIA sister that she is getting married for the third time:):eek:----And the guy she's marrying appears to have all kinds of relatives---:eek::eek:

And I agree with the flame wars---we don't want to heat treat this diner:eek:
So therefore no flame wars please---not to mention that we have enough on this fellows plate as it is. Having 2 potential flame wars--uh uh---dang meetings:mad:
 
Good morning folks

It was 57 F and raining on the way into work. High today will be 68 F with more rain.

Had a little fun on the way. There was an accident at the beginning of a construction zone it caused a big slow down. I had to get off the Interstate at a different exit and then bushwhack instead of sitting and waiting.

Last night my son had his baseball game. He also contacted his first merit badge councilor and set his first conference.

Tonight my daughter is supposed to have a softball game. I think it has a good chance of being rained out.

My son received a partial scholarship to participate in a Young Artist Program at a local Art College.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Jim, I found a good sticker for you.

Guns don't kill people. Fathers with pretty daughters do.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!:D

Now I remember why I had all boys!!!

Reminds me of an incedent years ago. My former neighbor and I had just both finished yard cuttings, and were sitting on my front porch watching the kids play. My 3 sons and his 3 daughters.
He looked at me and said " I really envy you sometimes, with those 3 boys."
"Why Rob, you have 3 beautiful daughters?" I replied.
"Yeah" he continued, "but you only have 3 (insert phallic reference here) to worry about. I got all the rest of them!":eek::D
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Dan, that's a great bumper sticker. I think I'll have some printed up and stick them around the house to reinforce my counseling sessions with suitors. :)

CJ, it sounds like an alarm system would be a good investment no matter where she lives in Little Rock. :eek: I hope you get it worked out and get back home in time.

Chris, your BIL is working on #5? I wonder if will ever get the idea that this marriage thing isn't working too well for him? I had two boys with my late wife and now I inherited two daughters when I remarried. I always wanted daughters and they can be a real joy at times. There's certainly a difference in the worry level between sons and daughters. The good thing about girls is that don't end up in jail so often. :D

Tony, any guy who's worth his salt expects the dad to let him know the consequences of bad behavior. I think fathers today don't do that enough. Any guy should fear that, if he treats a man's daughter wrong, he might have some buckshot flying his way.

Phillip, those are some amazing photos. Indiana is not normally known for large hail and the type of damage the area suffered. Were there any confirmed tornados? That one picture through the car window sure looks like a descending funnel cloud. Scary stuff.

Alco, it sounds like maybe should introduce Audrey's sister to Chris's BIL. Sounds like a match made in heaven. :rolleyes:

Karl, LOL, so true about daughters. It's especially difficult today, when the pressures on girls to have sex are so much worse than when I was growing up. When I was a teenager, copping a feel was the high point of my life. How things have changed. :(

Jeffrey, I sure hope everything went well with your mom. I'm sure you're busy but please let us know how she's doing when you get a chance.

We're actually getting some light rain this morning and the temperature is only 73! Feels like the Arctic out there. No thunderstorms but this is overrunning rain ahead of the cold front, which is forming up a pretty good squall line in Mississippi. Those storms should get here in the late afternoon of the line holds together. We've only had .2 inches of rain so far but I'm hoping for more later. At least this is enough to keep the dust down.
 
Jim: Glad SOMEONE is getting some rain in the US. We were supposed to get some like Tuesday, but that never happened. Luckily it cooled way down. If you do print some of those stickers up, I know a guy in Indiana that would buy a couple. Guy I know on another forum with 2 daughters around my age. I give him a lot of crap about it, but then he reminds me that he knows where I live (We buy/sell from each other fairly often).

It is a great day out. Nice and cool for once. Took the time to cut the front yard. Backyard needs cleaning up before I can cut that, it has trees laying all over the place. Dad got a little chainsaw happy, and I haven't really been around to clean up after him.
 


Afternoon, everyone.


CJ, it sounds like an alarm system would be a good investment no matter where she lives in Little Rock. :eek: I hope you get it worked out and get back home in time.

She has an alarm system Jim. On the first breakin, the alarm went off, and the police came and simply placed a notice on the door for a false alarm! :mad: The officer never even checked out the property! :mad: That resulted in a civil complaint registered with the North LR police. That is still pending.

This last time the alarm never even tripped, and the alarm company checked her alarm system and only the front door sensor was working at the time for some unknown reason. So they maybe liable for what was taken. But it doesn't matter, she's gonna move. If we weren't here, neither would she. She be at a friends house until she found a place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top