Weekly Photo Fun 8-21/8-27

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


rhoward: You lucky dog :D:D:D
icon14.gif
 


i dont think so. i was the only one bidding i thought. i won the 1 auction for the VRE and sounder cars and the other was i think a WCE and an undecorated one. I did lose 3 other auctions though.
 
I bid on so many Bombadier cars I forget to bid sometimes. You're right. I bought 1 VRE for $6.00 about 2 weeks ago late at nite. I also got a metrolink the same nite for $8.00.
I bought the Fla. Tri-Rail cars when they 1st came out for $41.00 for the set of 3, now they run about $150.00 a set average.
 
Progress on the Como depot. First shot is of a completed shipping crate of chickens which will be part of the baggage to be loaded on the next train. Second shot shows the start of the individual shingles that will compose the main roof (the small add on addition on the baggage room end is tar paper. Next pair of shots show the start of the detailing on the interior of the baggage room.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Then some shots of other pieces that are being worked on for the narrow gauge convention. These are all in O scale. C&S superintendents house at Como, brick company house, line side tool shed with interior, and a brick corner store front building.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Last edited by a moderator:


And last a shot of some of the water tanks that I have finished (along with a HO freight station still to be finished). The smallest tank is HO all of the others are in O.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Good stuff, fellas. It is consistently high quality on WPF here. :)

I havent posted this image, to my recollection. I took it about a year ago when I had sprinkled WS snow for another shot with a FM H24-66 that has been favourably reviewed.

IMG_3422cshadj.png


-Crandell
 
Got this little beauty from a mate for my birthday!! I couldn't believe it!!!

jamessd70.jpg


Kato SP heritage SD70ACe Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!! I was/am rapt!

jamesthrall.jpg


I also bought 10 of these! (two 5 packs made by Athearn.) Thrall high side Gondolas. The theory with buying older Thrall gons is that the mine (off layout) is served by BNSF but the track is too light to handle new bethgons and large locos, so a train of 15 Thrall hoppers (scale length) will operate behind a triple lash up of SD40-2s or quad GP38-2s, with the odd SD45-2 thrown in for measure. On the layout this will operate as a loaded and empties train, with me eventually getting 30+ of these. Nice models.

And my birthday isn't until tomorrow!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the coal gons. Wouldn't mind having a few myself.

Last night I put the first of the foreground elements in place against the new background scene. Now the Sundown industrial area continues on the other side of the tracks.

DSCN1721.jpg
 
Got this little beauty from a mate for my birthday!! I couldn't believe it!!!

jamessd70.jpg


Kato SP heritage SD70ACe Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!! I was/am rapt!

jamesthrall.jpg


I also bought 10 of these! (two 5 packs made by Athearn.) Thrall high side Gondolas. The theory with buying older Thrall gons is that the mine (off layout) is served by BNSF but the track is too light to handle new bethgons and large locos, so a train of 15 Thrall hoppers (scale length) will operate behind a triple lash up of SD40-2s or quad GP38-2s, with the odd SD45-2 thrown in for measure. On the layout this will operate as a loaded and empties train, with me eventually getting 30+ of these. Nice models.

And my birthday isn't until tomorrow!

What an awesome gift to get on your birthday! I have never received a gift that nice before on my birthday. Happy Birthday James!
 
Here's a different angle on a RBOX I did a while back. It was sprayed with alcohol and lightly scrubbed with a small brass bristle brush. After a quick rinse it was sprayed with an alcohol/black acrylic wash.

DSCN1730.jpg
 
Ray, nice being able to play with a 1:1 scale layout, huh? Nice shots, especially the caboose with the kerosene markers. I can remember many a night as a kid watching those markers disappearing into the darkness, wondering where that train had come from and where it was going. Not quite the same as a FRED. :(

Matt, nice work as usual. I've never seen a brick commercial building form you before so I'll be interested in how it turns out. My wife still likes the chickens best.

Crandell, I remember that snow scene from last year but it looks even beter with steam.

I don't know if it's already tomorrow in Australia but Happy Birthday, James! :D You scored some nice gifts. I usually get something exciting, like a new belt. :rolleyes:

Jeffrey, I'm amazed. I have no idea where the models end and backdrop begins. You done good. :)

I've got a few shots to post. In the first, the P&N is picking up a covered hopper from the interchange track with a load of wheat all the way from Canada that the feed mill needs for a special order. Even in Canada, the grafitti bandits have struck and, if you look close, you can even see one of them signed his work:

CanadaVisitor.jpg


The back side of city hall and the jail:

BackofJail.jpg


The front of the municipal building at dusk. Mayor Bobby has been trying to get that one burned out entrance light fixed for years now:

CityhallatDusk.jpg


Central Avenue as the sun starts to set on another hot Southern summer day. The new Walthers traffic light is up and working and is amazingly bright for a little thing:

CentralAveatDusk.jpg
 
Good work there Crandell. You're no slouch when it comes to modeling.

Jeffrey, I'm amazed. I have no idea where the models end and backdrop begins. You done good. :)
That's the idea. It's called tromp l'oeil, trick the eye, something I learned in my art classes many years ago.
 
I bid on so many Bombadier cars I forget to bid sometimes. You're right. I bought 1 VRE for $6.00 about 2 weeks ago late at nite. I also got a metrolink the same nite for $8.00.
I bought the Fla. Tri-Rail cars when they 1st came out for $41.00 for the set of 3, now they run about $150.00 a set average.

did you take the ACE set away from me last night? :mad: my ebay sn is 97flairside..
 


did you take the ACE set away from me last night? :mad: my ebay sn is 97flairside..

Nope, sure didn't. That bid went way over my limit. I've got to stop buying off EBay for awhile. My wife said I was way over my limit. LOL
I bought one of those new Atlas Track Cleaning cars last nite for $83.00 & also finally got an ER Models monorail for $51.00. My wife doesn't know about these 2 yet. She will when the credit card bill comes in, then I will be grounded for good.:(
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top