Weekly Photo Fun 2/16 -2/25

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Some MRL power on a stack train.

attachment.php

I like it!
 
Rico, you are welcome, and I thank you in return. :)

Ted, that is an amazing photo. So sharp, and great depth. Great modeling all around.
 
Great stuff so far ,guys.......:)

Two more pics of my friend Oliver's "guest engine",the Maine Central GP 38 #, in California......:eek:

Let's take simply once at this locomotive that it would be a leased one............from power pool............;)

I really like the light orange vehicle beetween the grey stuff....Not all cats are grey in the daylight...or so similary







Rio Grande GP 35 #3048, leasing MC GP38 #261,UP #1495(ex SP/Cotton Belt 7689) and SP GE B23-7 #5110 are heading West..........this could have been a great moment in railroad history.........:cool:

My updated trackplan: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18618&page=7
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Very, very nice work on display here this weekend (just like always).

I have been adding some details to the workshop attached to the engine house as time has permitted this week.

A water barrel for fire protection and a bucket beside it, a potbellied stove for heat during the cold months (and a coal box), a rack of lumber stock, some oil stains on the floor, and a vise on the workbench.

BranchEngineHouseBelt10W.png


Here you can see a silver colored electric box on the wall by the door, a couple figures I added getting ready to start a project, More tools, shovels, and brooms, and the dust collection pipe for one of the machines.

BranchEngineHouseBelt11W.png


Better shot of the workbench...

BranchEngineHouseBelt12W.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Rock Seawall was made from real rock. But since the local basalt rock is particularly hard, it's used in a lot of Seawall and Jetty project. And since the small bits look just like the big bits, it makes for some good scenery modeling.
 


I haven't done anything in a while. I need to finish up my 3 SD40-2's and get 2 ready for primer. Also finally get off my but and send 3 loco's to Mark for tsunami install.

But I did stop by the club i joined with hopes of running my LV 90mac, but I thought it needed to be inspected first. Found out it didn't, oh well. Here's a few video's of other members trains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMwV3kgKciU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhKW5v9VpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1FWuIFOLq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coVQC-3BtrM
 
Well since I only use this diorama for 2 rail cars any more, I decided to rip the 3 rail track off and replace it with 2 rail Atlas track. Just finished the ballast today, so once it dries I'll weather it up a bit so it doesn't look so clean. ;)

IMG_0041.jpg
 
The only powder I used was on the trucks and wheels for color. The wheels got some light rust, and the trucks got the light grey dusting around the bottom. Everything else was done with artist paints, using as a wash for the fades, and straight for the textured rust.
 
This thread in my opinion is by far the best one on the forum....All of the great pictures have inspired me to try weathering of rolling stock, track, making of trees, etc. etc. etc. I have yet to make rocks, and streams but that is coming in the not to distant future....This is my first layout ever and I just can't stop taking pictures of it, and learning from all of you.

P1040049.jpg
 
Now for something completely different! On our railroad, the cars have cards and the destination is in the form of a pocket; this is a rack for holding the pockets, so they're easy to grab when a train is made up to leave the staging yard. There are 32 pigeonholes in the rack. If we add any more spurs, we'll need to expand the rack!

DSCN0018.JPG
 


This thread in my opinion is by far the best one on the forum....All of the great pictures have inspired me to try weathering of rolling stock, track, making of trees, etc. etc. etc. I have yet to make rocks, and streams but that is coming in the not to distant future....This is my first layout ever and I just can't stop taking pictures of it, and learning from all of you.

P1040049.jpg

Thanks for sharing....Nice layout and good work so far.Anymore Pics?

Frank
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top