Weekly Photo Fun 13 - 19 May

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
Sperry Rail Car #124 and a Virginia and a Texas and Gulf Coast hi-rail truck inspect and repair track along the All Points North Club:

Well... something must be wrong, both vehicles are pulled up close...
DSC07163.jpg


Lunch time!! (and time to let a few trains get by)
DSC07162.jpg




The Slab was poured earlier this week, and steel should start going up tomorrow to double the size of the club-owned building:
DSC07167.jpg



And in other news, I've been assigned to a 1:1 scale Sperry car on the KCS... Just dont know which car, or where it is... yet...
 
Hope nobody minds a couple shots of the 1/1 scale trains. Here are a couple photos of a "new" acquisition of the Finger Lakes Railway here in Central New York. Shots were taken here in Geneva from across routes 5 & 20 of the FGLK Yard.

FLTG_SanteFe2w.png


FLTG_SanteFe1w.png


How and why? I have no idea. What? I dunno, one of them new fangled diseasally thingies I think.:rolleyes:
 


Sweeet What KCS Subdivision or line and in what state?

From my understanding the rail cars are all over the KCS system right now, and in a few weeks the hi-railers will take over. They are still trying to figure out exactly where I'm going... but funny note here... it looks like I'll be on car #124... the same one in pictures above!!
 
EFRX 109 undergoing field surgery

Since we're posting prototype photos:

Local short line needed to swap out the rear motor from their
switcher. Had a heavy crane to lift the engine up (see photo 1),
drove the rear truck from under the engine using a
"portable power pack" (i.e. a electrical welder)

Looking at photo 2: Amazing how that big DC motor looks like
its scale model counterpart :-)

-ik
 
Hey, can anyone play? :)

Three days ago the daily RDC "Dayliner" owned by VIA Rail and operated by the Island Corridor Foundation, arrived about 15 minutes late and disgorged quite a few passengers at its northern terminus, Courtenay. Some passengers were met, while a few had to find their own way home or to find other arrangements.

IMG_7880_editedres-1.png


-Crandell
 
While I was at work today my parcel from Modeltrainstuff.com (MB Klein) arrived. I ordered it Monday afternoon Aussie time, and received today (friday aussie time.) very nice.

Anyway this is what my package contained. Must say i'm very impressed with the ExactRail covered hoppers.

Kato BNSF C44-9W
BNSF722.jpg


Kato BNSF SD70ACe
BNSF9370.jpg


One of the ExactRail hoppers in the 3 pack I got.
exactrailbnsf.jpg


The three of them
exactrailbnsf3.jpg


And one shot of one of the pair of Maxi IV well car 3 car sets I got made by Kato.

wellbnsf.jpg



:D
 
I finally got my new Athearn F59-PHI back from the DCC installer yesterday!! Now I have an official Amtrak consist!!!:D

Picking up passengers at Denver Union Station
IMG_0134.JPG


And I started planting trees on the mountain tunnel....
IMG_0093.JPG
 


looking good... what all did you have to have "installed"? the F59 has a 8 pin AND a 9 pin quick plug...
 
looking good... what all did you have to have "installed"? the F59 has a 8 pin AND a 9 pin quick plug...

Ya I wish it was an easy quick plug installation. They had to replace the board and wire the tsunami in. The speaker installation. And they also installed 6 LEDs for me too, which looks awesome! And sounds really good.

The decoder model was TSU-GN1000 EMD 710. They charged me $100 for the install.
 
Ahh... makes sense now. I know Digitrax just released their 9 pin, quick pulg sound decoder (with speaker) for $50. That's going in my TRE engine, along with some lights on the red reverse lights for my trial of the decoder. The cab car will get their function-only decoder with appropriate lighting.

if the trials are satisfactory, I'll be installing the chips in most of my fleet, including retro-fits, and the big box of Athearn BB -9's in my storage shed. I'll be keepin busy, takin Fred's locomotive shop on the road with me...
 
I recently began to fiddle with a stacking and focusing freeware called CombineZM. I recently purchased a new wide aspect ratio flat screen monitor that seems to distort my images, even though the Powershot is generally quite good with focus. I have decided to forget how they look fuzzy on my display and just rely on the software and camera to get it right...which they seem to do when the images are posted on photobucket and then on the forums.

Anyway, this image comprises three with different depth of focus which CZM has worked. I think it turned out quite well.

The story is that a UP 2-10-2 broke down running nearby on the main, and couldn't be moved far safely. It was towed to Seneca Falls with the arrangement that the facility there would repair it and bill the UP. The work is done, and the Santa Fe type is being backed onto a holding radial until a UP crew can come by to retrieve the engine.

Stack4_editedres.png


-Crandell
 
Great power line-up; 1964-1965? I am most impressed by the road dividing the yard lead and the engine terminal. It is absolutely dead on to the access road to Wilmington Shops and enginehouse back in 1967. Great job on everything.
 
Builders photograph of SP 3937 Bachmann's latest offering of the USRA / C&O H4 2-6-6-2:D


6-2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Did some work on remodeling my Allied Rail Rebuilders Module. They finally got a back-up generator/fuel tank, and some chain-link fencing installed. The driveway was re-laid using actual dirt.

101_0608.jpg


101_0610.jpg


101_0609.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top