Weekly Photo Fun 13 - 19 May

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Great guard! :)

What did you use for water?

Wolfgang

Different color paints to simulate the various depths of course. Actual water base is Envirotex about 1/16" thick. When that had cured I poured on a slightly thicker layer of acrylic gloss medium for the top coat. When that had become about 1/2 set I dragged a wood stick across it from bank to bank to create the ripples. At the same time I poured the gloss medium I also poured some onto a piece of scrap and periodically ran the stick through it to determine when it was time to ripple the river. Too soon after pouring and the ripples level back down. Too far into the curing and it creates lumps.
 


I'm busy with my stock yard at Silver Creek.



You need quite some stripwood for the fences. :)

Wolfgang

That looks so good. I wish I had the space for such a thing. All I have is a built up mound next to a branchline freight shed and a movable ramp for the locals to steer their sheep into the cars.
 
What the heck?

Ok I'll jump in here with a picture of my world,but after seeing the shots on here,I sometimes think I'm out of my league.
3997870657_33339e38e6_b.jpg


End of the line motel.

Mike:D
 
That is a great looking seen Mike, you belong with the rest of the talented modelers here, don't cut yourself short.
 
Train 20 with Dead Head Surfliner

394LastRun004.jpg


Train 20 makes a station stop at Itsca on the Club Lay-out, With a dead head Surfliner Superliner 1 car headin towards Harbor West
 
Ok I'll jump in here with a picture of my world,but after seeing the shots on here,I sometimes think I'm out of my league.

End of the line motel.

Mike:D

Looks ok to me. The main thing is you created it to your liking. Nice job on those buildings by the way.
 


Good grief----I look at these pix and I see wonderful stuff

Then I do my photos and I go---oi

anyways---truck weighscale---got a few on the go---
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top