The WC coil car has been started.
First off it gets inspected, trucks and wheels removed and then cleaned. Today’s cleaning method was via airbrush. 70% Isopropyl Alcohol spray at 35psi.
Then the fade
The fade is Tamiya x2 white, xf10 brown and 5 drops of. xf21 flat base. Thinned with x20a. Roughly 20% white, 5% brown and the rest is thinner. I sprayed at 18psi and did the entire car. Let it dry and sprayed again. There are 3 sprays of fade
Next up was the wheel faces and trucks. Before weathering the trucks I did ream the wheel holes
No pictures (tomorrow) of the wheel faces or truck frames. I mixed #302 dark rust 2 drops with 4 drops of #301 light rust and 2 drops of distill water. Both are from the Panzer Aces paint line from Vallejo, hand brushed.
Let’s do some rust! The picture shows my pigments used. Moisten with water the spot the Abteilung 502 light rust will be dabbed. I don’t moisten or wet the brush, dip it dry into the pigment container and stab it on to the car. After thisvdrys, maybe in 15 minutes I do basically the same thing but using the Vallejo brown Iron oxide.
I do the basic same pigment application to the side panels of the car body.
I DO NOT blend with a dry brush at this time. I will let this dry over night and blend tomorrow
I move to the inside of the car body where the steel coils will go. I heavily wet the area and apply both pigments with a moisten not dry brush. No dry time between pigments. No blending…