For a small section of lake, you might look at Jim's (HO Explorer) method when he made a pond on pages 66,68,69&71, beginning here. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...-Pinacle-Creek-Mining-amp-Timber-Co-RR/page66
For a small section of lake, you might look at Jim's (HO Explorer) method when he made a pond on pages 66,68,69&71, beginning here. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...-Pinacle-Creek-Mining-amp-Timber-Co-RR/page66
First, thanks for the link tootnkumin...I am debating this very subject in my mind as well and will look at this immediately after I post this. Hopefully I find some answers.
And Wombat, I must say I certainly admire your commitment to start over with new track. I must say, having just completed my trackwork that Peco is absolutely everything that its cracked up to be. You will love it. It's really easy to work with!!!
Look forward to the rest of your journey!!!
I like the method of using lighter ballast on the main running tracks and darker ballast on the lesser sidings and loops to show the differing levels of maintenance that occur, where the ballast gets dirty and darkens with age.
"...I have to constantly (and I mean CONSTANTLY) remind myself that I'll reap the reward if I take my time and do things the best I can.
I really want to just be done and start playing with my toys though!!!..."
It happens, bro. I'd act the same way...sometimes it takes someone who isn't 'in the middle of it' to remind you of the big picture.![]()
