Actually it was simpler than that, just the car seemed to be driving on the left 
There is a prototype for everything if you look hard enough, just keep looking!
Actually it was simpler than that, just the car seemed to be driving on the left![]()
If you put a yellow light bulb in that fixture, you could have a good sunrise/sunset scene! I think the store looks great! All the clutter on the porch and around the side looks great but the guy leaning on the post really pulls together that scene.
I would put more trees on the hill, maybe with the tree line at the base of the hill. Some picnic tables in the area so people can enjoy the lake view from Lakeview!
Please don't take my comment as criticism! I really do like what it looks like! If it is left the way it is, it would be just as good in my opinion!
All it really needs is a couple a Utes a barby on the go, few empty tinnies floatin' around, the shiela's flappin' their gums about god knows what and few blokes swingin' willow some where. Come to think about it ... just got an idea for the area next to where the general store is goin'![]()
Jim,
Thanks for the links, they do look first class! Only turn off is the price, not to mention the shipping cost. Not really looking for a Ute as such, but would have bought these had it not been for the price and needing other things that would take priority. By the same token, I will keep an eye on the site and when money permits, might just buy a couple for the layout.
Truckstop Models has some of the Aussie Road Ragers cars in stock, but not the Utes. Since Truckstop Models is in the US, shipping will be cheaper and the prices are a bit lower. You might want to check their site on occasion to see if they restock their inventory and bring in the Utes.
https://truckstopmodels.com/oscom/index.php?manufacturers_id=119
I've just been doing a search for a 1/87 model of the most iconic of all Aussie vehicles for you to add to that scene, but as far as I can find, no-one (can't believe it) has done it. I'm speaking of course of the van that put the rock & roll into commercial vehicles. The Holden Kingswood panel van, "Sandman". How could they not do that one.
Biante Models have 3 1/18th out or coming this year, limited editions.
Well, you can always make believe her computer is a football stadium just over the way a bit.
Tony, I like your scenes with the lighted buildings. I remember some of the original components from previous posts.
Nice job--lasm
