ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Yes you would think but I have been burned in the past making reasonable assumptions so now, when something doesn't work, I check everything just in case.
Yep, I checked the pin connection and swapped the mast for a new one. Still no fix. I'm sure the board is assigned ID 2 because the turnouts respond to number 9, 10 and 12 which is the range for ID 2.
I didn't want to swap this board with the one that is over in district 3 because I had a friend over to run trains this evening. Didn't want to chance on shutting the layout down if there was a problem. I'll do this tomorrow morning.
I started disconnecting the SE8C board this morning and then remembered that I wanted to try a factory reset before I swapped it into the good SE8C board position in section 3. I reconnected the loconet and the test strip with test mast and I noticed that one of the LEDs was in yellow mode. I checked the laptop for the TrainController Silver and toggled the signal and was surprised when I saw it change colors. I checked the second head and it changed colors too. So I guess the SE8C is good after all. I'm note sure what I did to make it good, but what ever it was, I'm pushing ahead with the signals.
Finished working in the first set of signals. I took one signal head off this facing side of the cantelever and moved it around to the other side along with another signal head I pulled off another signal bridge. That will signal traffic coming from the other direction on the right hand track the condition of the turnout to the yard lead. The yard lead is about 60 feet long and will be two blocks itself.
The signal shows red for the loco that is down the track.
The upper right shows green for a clear track.
The lower right shows red as the cross over is closed for straight through traffic.
That would be in Power District 1 which I won't be getting to until late December or early January. The signal heads that are on the other side of the cantelever structure will be powered and controlled from the PD1 SE8C.
Got 5 more signal heads installed and programmed up today. It just keeps getting easier and easier.
I'm running out of signal heads though and my sources of supply don't have the signals that I need.
I found some NJ International dual head masts that work great for a simple block division as in the picture below.
That's an Intermountain ES44AC model.
Found a source for the signals that I need. Should be here by Friday. In the mean time, I can run ribbon wire for them and do the programming using the test masts.
Taking a little time out to run some trains through the signaled blocks. The signal here is the NJ international double head signal. The heads face in both direction at a block division point.
What's our opinion on these? It seems like they're the only ones that do alternating ditch lights from the box (or maybe you know of others). What are the other locos there?
What's our opinion on these? It seems like they're the only ones that do alternating ditch lights from the box (or maybe you know of others). What are the other locos there?
The other two are: Broadway Limited AC6000 #7501 and Intermountain ES44AC #5463.
The Intermountain has alternating ditch lights right out of the box. It's the MTH that ya have to mess with.