The BOeC

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Thanks zoegraf

Speaking of progress..

Bois D'Arcy: The viaduct abutment, pillars and supporting beams for the road is in place

3_0-800x423.jpg


Started ballasting the tracks and painting the rails as it dries.

4-800x479.jpg



6-800x244.jpg
 
Ode to you, MLW

I wanted to say thanks to you for the tip on the realistic roadway you provided. I spent sometime over my holiday break finishing up a corner of the layout, which included a roadway. I just finished up most of the scene today and wanted to post some pics... Thanks again for sharing your roadway technique - it helped a lot - bill...

8340140501_587ea50ffc.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0580 by BillBPA1, on Flickr[/IMG]

8341200798_29cd6cac02.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0581 by BillBPA1, on Flickr[/IMG]

The building isn't set yet, but I couldn't resist checking the fit and finish...

8340143929_d1f758e62a.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0584 by BillBPA1, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'll have to do something about the green walls and mirrors, lol...
 
No Sweat! My pleasure PApat :)

Say..your layout is looking real good. I realy like all the greenery as well. Well done
 


No Sweat! My pleasure PApat :)

Say..your layout is looking real good. I realy like all the greenery as well. Well done

I need to look at finding some backgrounds like you have set up. It really adds to the look. Especially since my wife thought it well to paint the walls green!
 
All of the above would work fine.

For now I used "thumb tacks" in the corner, directly into the wall.

ist2_6297943-thumb-tacks.jpg


I could use double-sided tape as well.

It's working fine for now.

A more permanent manner might be to glue it on cardboard/masonite/posterboard and then mount the backdrop to the wall (using tape, pins etc.)
 
"progress", is that a euphemism for "How much have you spent?"

Spoken as a true sage of the MR hobby. Paypal is great, until the wife discovers she doesn't need to try to figure out what you bought by remembering the packages delivered by the post - she can just call up that monthly summary!
 


I started to put together the Ste-Rosalie Grain Elevator.

It is kitbash from a common kit, and cut to fit. Of course details need to be added, then painting the structures, weathering it and applying the appropriate decals/namesake for the prototype situated at that particular location.


10.jpg


The structures fits nicely in the space left for it. Now I can combined the FALLER silo/elevator together as intended.

11.jpg
 
Progress at Bois d'Arcy section of the layout. Ballast completed and base coat of "greenery" applied. Moving forward with the viaduct as well.

v6-800x280.jpg
 
Quick test with a local train

v1-820x527.jpg



v2-830x327.jpg



Pretty soon I will be able to re-install this module to the layout. Then all out scenery can start, roads, structures, guardrails, bushes, backdrop, etc. etc.

v3-820x277.jpg


All the feeder wires are in place and ready to be hook up to the layout power bus. Then I can run trains [on the main and switching the yet to be built local industry]

v4-820x505.jpg
 
updates

I have reconnected the Bois D'Arcy module to the layout and hooked up the power bus etc. Put the backdrop in place and begin to run some trains.
Scenery, buildings, trees, telephone poles, grass etc. a bit later.:p

Some quick pics:

MLW RSD15 entering Bois D'Arcy (BDA in my layout RR abbreviation parlance) for spotting a car at the local manufacturing plant.

brsdbda2-800x436.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
also started on the silo [ painting ] more to do of course.

bstrsilo2-900x461.jpg


I'll fix the shadow in the pics. Missed it this morning (spot lights)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Let the Turbo loose on the layout for a while

Turbo passing over the Yamaska River en route to Qc city

bturbyam1-800x473.jpg


bturbyam2-800x364.jpg


Passing thru Ste-Rosalie

bturbstr3-800x419.jpg
 


I really like the grain elevator, with all the grain hoppers spotted. Everything just fits in place, like it belongs.

The Turbo is awesome - looks better than they did in person.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top