ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I wanted to say thanks to you for the tip on the realistic roadway you provided. I spent sometime over my holiday break finishing up a corner of the layout, which included a roadway. I just finished up most of the scene today and wanted to post some pics... Thanks again for sharing your roadway technique - it helped a lot - bill...
I need to look at finding some backgrounds like you have set up. It really adds to the look. Especially since my wife thought it well to paint the walls green!
Spoken as a true sage of the MR hobby. Paypal is great, until the wife discovers she doesn't need to try to figure out what you bought by remembering the packages delivered by the post - she can just call up that monthly summary!
I started to put together the Ste-Rosalie Grain Elevator.
It is kitbash from a common kit, and cut to fit. Of course details need to be added, then painting the structures, weathering it and applying the appropriate decals/namesake for the prototype situated at that particular location.
The structures fits nicely in the space left for it. Now I can combined the FALLER silo/elevator together as intended.
Pretty soon I will be able to re-install this module to the layout. Then all out scenery can start, roads, structures, guardrails, bushes, backdrop, etc. etc.
All the feeder wires are in place and ready to be hook up to the layout power bus. Then I can run trains [on the main and switching the yet to be built local industry]
I have reconnected the Bois D'Arcy module to the layout and hooked up the power bus etc. Put the backdrop in place and begin to run some trains.
Scenery, buildings, trees, telephone poles, grass etc. a bit later.
Some quick pics:
MLW RSD15 entering Bois D'Arcy (BDA in my layout RR abbreviation parlance) for spotting a car at the local manufacturing plant.